Wednesday, October 9, 2013

{Life Lessons.}

Yes, I'm still here.  Busy with Real life

 
Its funny because there aren't a lot of people blogging anymore these days unless they have high profile, money making kind of blogs. 
Which I clearly do not have ha ha...... 
But I still do it because I need it and I enjoy it.
Its kind of a thought release otherwise who would I talk to about this crazy world or my crazy thoughts swirling around:) 
 I do it as a journal of sorts, I do it for my children's birth families 
I do it for me
I do it for my children
Life is good. Life is also what we make it..... I could whine and complain most days about whatever but I'm learning it doesn't help much
Make it a better place starting with your ATTITUDE:)  
My attitude makes all the difference on our day:)
Life Lesson: We set the tone for the day. something I'm constantly learning and working on it.
-------------------------------------------
Small Life Lessons.
My mom had her 62nd birthday Monday we took her to dinner and out bowling .....time means more than a few words on a card.

You create tradition by repeatably doing the same things something as little as a kiss on the forehead each night tucking my kids in .....didn't realize how much it meant to them something so little is really a big thing.  To them now and in the long run. 
Take the time

Sit a minute read to them those few minutes make all the difference.

Small life lessons things we do everyday.

Life Lessons.
In my own backyard.

You know sometimes I have weird thoughts 
for instance this last week my neighbors got beautiful new sod put in their back yard. 
See I can see into their entire back yard from my bathroom window ...
Let me tell you a little bit about this beautiful yard...
This summer they built an amazing fire pit, a deck with a walk around paths by the shed,  lush tall raspberry bushes, and beautiful fruit, veggie and flower garden boxes that line the fence and flourished this summer. 
It really is amazing.Well cared for by hard working people.
Yet as I looked at the other side of the fence....our side.... all I saw were the measly two low garden boxes, the weeds in the back corner, the trees with their sad black fungus disease, the badly needed trim job, the garbage thrown at backsides.
And I thought how beautiful their yard was and how peaceful and manicured it looked, one they worked very hard for.
I realized this morning that I was kinda in a way coveting their backyard because it looks so much nicer than mine.
But my next thought was how we have to CULTIVATE what we have in our own back yards. D and I have worked hard to build our own beautiful deck its amazing D worked really hard on every bit of it. 
We built our own fire pit the kids helped build it we've used it and we love it, he built a play place for the kids and we have a fun, big backyard. But from my window I can't see that the vast big part of our backyard
I only saw the weeds, the rot and the garbage.
But I can change that.... I can change my view just like our comparing attitudes..... by doing what I can to improve my own view not so it looks better than my neighbors, but because it hasn't been cultivated as well as it normally has been .....it got run down a little..a little sad looking and it frustrated me.
Like our yards and homes we have to keep doing those things that strengthen, build and cultivate what we have, in our own reach, within our own backyards because if we don't.... the little things take over and the little things become the big things.
I found myself getting frustrated a little this summer because my husband found himself without any spare time for the things that needed his attention and they got neglected..but I could have done better at helping to do those things too.
So what I'm saying is that we can't worry about what our neighbors backyard looks like or what they are doing. We need to make ours what it should be. We need to not judge covet or envy others and what they do. WE need to build what we've built up, cultivate it and strengthen it and help each other just like as with our homes, minds and spirits because if we don't...... the doubts, weeds and fears set in and take over.
So worry about your own backyard.
Do the things you can.
Stop Comparing.
Stop Judging.
Look inside see what needs fixing within your own boundaries.
Fix it.
-----------------------------------------------
Life Lessons.
We got our new pictures back and I love them.
I feel so blessed to have a family, to be a forever family to have the children I do. To be a Mother.
 I do pictures every year as you know and to some maybe they seems like so many but I never want to miss all these steps or how fast they grow up, or there little personalities or how much they change in a year...or every memory attached to them.  I don't want to regret not having pictures later in life  If nothing else because I'm grateful, and feel so blessed to be a mother and to be a family and call these miracles my forevers:) 
 Kinsey Holt Photography Thank you SO much!
-------------------------------------------------------------
I didn’t give you the gift of life,
But in my heart I know.
The love I feel is deep and real,
As if it had been so.
For us to have each other
Is like a dream come true!
No, I didn’t give you
The gift of life,
Life gave me the gift of you.
Unknown

Together with this man there have been many life lessons we learned together....nobody better to share it with them him

and because of him and all we've been though together we get to share our lives as a family chosen and miraculously put in the same paths as these four ...and there are no greater blessings in life then my family, my faith, and my forevers.
----------------------------------------------------
Life Lessons.
Life is Short. 
Life will never be perfect. Make the best of it.
Life isn't fair. Thats Life.
Life is 100% how you make it 

"Thoughts lead to act, Acts lead to habits, Habits lead to character, and our character will determine our eternal destiny." 
Choose wisely its so important.

"In the sight of the Lord it is not so much what we have done or where we have been, but where we are willing to go." -Elder Edward Dube
Love that.
Have a great week. 
What's an important life lesson your learning?

8 comments:

Lynn said...

Beautiful! I loved your thoughts on "looking over the fence". SO true. And I bet that if you lived in that house with that yard 'over there'.....you'd probably find someone looking over at your 'yard' and wishing they had the same of something that you do. Whether that be material possessions or otherwise. All speaking hypothetically here of course. ; )

It's a GREAT reminder to all of us that everyone is going through something. We don't really see what each person is going through, or doesn't have, or just lost, or whatever.

Thanks for the beautifully written post.

P.S. You already know this, as I mentioned it on facebook......but love your newest family documented photos. Love love, love! ; )

Stephanie said...

I love your family pictures! Cute outfits, I should do more family pictures.

Rusty B said...

Don't worry when you see our backyard you will think yours is the Garden or Eden. haha!! Love the thoughts, and your pictures turned out awesome!!

Rusty B said...

Oh this is me Kristyn by the way, not Rusty B!! he is going to love it comes up like that, pretty sure that is my doing...

Betsy said...

I love this post! Totally agree with you. And you ALWAYS have the prettiest family photos! That photographer is amazing. :)

Katelyn said...

Good thoughts for me tonight. Thanks Christal! I love you.

Kayli said...

How true- about our attitudes and taking the extra minute to read a book and give a kiss on the forehead even when - as I almost always am- "done" for the day. Thanks for reminding and encouraging.
I also love the family pictures!! Especially your polka dot shirt!!!

Nancy said...

love this post! I look forward to all your posts actually :) and just nominated you for a blogger sunshine award.

blessings,
nancy