Thursday, October 23, 2014

{ Sometimes its lonely...}


Sometimes or every once in awhile lately I feel bored, lonely and alone...being a bishops wife is truthfully really hard some weeks ...besides the fact that he's gone pretty much all of the time and everybody needs him and in this day and age people call text or email his phone. {I'd love to throw it out;) I know there are blessings along the way but there's the other side too.... There's the fact that you get invited to less things, people stop talking when you come around sometimes..... or tell you things you know they want you to pass on. 
Sometimes you don't sit in the right place or smile at the right time or acknowledge the person you didn't even see. We're just human trying our best..... same as we've always been 
like everyone we all have our good days & bad days. We never know what people are going through and I try to remember that more than ever.
Sometimes I feel like everyone around me works or is super busy in their life and littles....while my little is only gone half the day he loves his quiet time after school and hates getting out or doing anything after being in school...this week alone he has spent 3 hours after school each day COLORING! pages and pages and talking and telling stories he is a child who entertains himself and I find myself begging to read to him or go the park...I guess so I can get out and he really just wants time at home quiet time....how I love that boy!!
I guess there is plenty to do around here but really laundry isn't that exciting and I get most things done for the day before 8 am as the kids go out the door.  Then at 4 on I'm busy rushing here and there, getting a snack, talking, dropping off at various activities and I feel useful 
{or like a cook & taxi ha ha} 

but I feel needed and they are my favorite times of the day when I'm here to hear about their day and we just talk...BUT its the in between I struggle with I guess its a transition period and finding my place..... me..... I will get over it by next year when its all day when I can sub at the school or whatever...but for now its quiet & lonely sometimes....
It'll be okay. 
We all have our moments good and bad... and right now this is mine.....
So true. I need to be reminded of this every day
______________________________
T h i s  a n d  T h a t:
Kids:
Football is nearly done already crazy how fast time flies its amazing to watch the growth in our children as the time goes by to see them understand things and learn and grow. But the best is seeing them develop and see the right and wrong around them and learn from it.

We took the kids on a Sunday picnic to the ranch last sunday and enjoyed the warm sun and room to run... saw a beautiful sunset, threw rocks in the river .....saw elk, deer, and antelope, coyotes,  porcupines, skunks, cows and horses and enjoyed what God gave us and the stillness, peace and quiet of it all. 
So beautiful out! But most of all to take a breather and enjoy each other.


My cute sassy one decided she didn't want to grow her hair out anymore so she got a cute cute bob again it really does suit her so good....

 
--------------------------------------------------------
Book
I love based on/true stories and I loved this book.... I love people and knowing their stories fascinate me as does this time era and having been to Germany and seen a lot there and met the people its amazing! I'm going to have K read it because it is the perfect example of what some have gone through without getting to deep....
------------------------------------------------------
Tips: You know I love health stuff and loved this post full of hacks:)
15 of the Best Health Hacks- tips, tricks and ideas to get you healthy and staying in shape.
---------------------------------------------
Recipe:
Vegetable Soup - 100x better than the canned stuff! This soup is amazing, I had 3 bowls! #soup #healthy #recipe
AND above all...


 

H a v e  a  beautiful  d a y:)

7 comments:

Lynn said...

I totally understand your thoughts and feelings on being the Bishop's wife. So sorry. It's not easy for sure. I bet Darren is so grateful for all that you are doing for him behind the scenes and front and centre. Hugs! Keep on being you. You are awesome.

Erin Johnson said...

I'm a long-time follower of your blog, but this is the first time I've commented. I think of all of your posts, this one came along at that best time for me. I can totally relate to your experience as a bishop's wife. My experience has been the same, I just couldn't ever put it into the right words. Being a bishop's wife is a lonely thing! As well, I am at the stage of having none of my littles at home with me during the day anymore. :( My youngest started grade 1 this year. It's a whole new stage to learn how to fill! Thanks for your post!

Anonymous said...

Aww I feel sad reading your new post. Unfortunately, my ward has started to 'uninclude' the Bishoprics wives after some ladies night discussions were commented on by the husbands. Its so sad that some bad apples ruin the bunch. You are amazing!

Mary-Rose said...

Yup! Hard but a growth experience. But Ron's release was bittersweet-- I felt like I was finally learning how to be a bishop's wife. Thanks for sharing your husband!

Just Rhonda said...

I'm always here for ya! :)

Kinsey said...

You can borrow my kids anytime! ;) Ava loves to get out and go to the park. We love and appreciate you!

Betsy Maddox said...

So sorry you are feeling a little lonely. Love you friend!

PS-that vegetable soup looks soooo yummy! :)