Wednesday, December 17, 2014

{Christmas Crazies.....}


L in the winter wonderland snow we got last weekend

That's us crazy:) one thing after another.... D's been gone 9 days already this month, we've had a cousin family dinner on D's side super fun to see everyone..tithing settlement..... kids projects and plays ....we've had so many fun memory making moments during and in between. I love this time of the year! Everybody is excited and there are so many opportunities to serve, to grow and teach our kids...of course there's lots of running around scheduling and sickies;)
But overall its a feeling I wish would last all year...

we got an amazing blizzard that coated the trees and has stayed for four days so far so so pretty!  So .....
 L and I had fun playing in the snow yesterday it was cold but fun;)
Some of our favorite books this Christmas are these the kids are getting older so I went to the library and we tried some out and these were the kids' favorite too and now I know which ones we want to buy we bought the Candy Cane one this year and it was better than I thought it was going to be:) Probably the favorite of all is Jonathan Toomey:)
 We also had our ward Christmas breakfast and it went really good. I was in charge of decor so I did easy mason jar globes with trees/ woodsy theme super easy:) and of course Santa even came to visit:  
Do you like where I placed santas chair ....so we can all remember the real reason for the season:)
Other than these fun things and rotary choir for L

we've been so busy its taken us to a week before Christmas and last minute stuff and getting ready 
for a certain someones 13th birthday this weekend 
now that is SO hard to believe 
that this much time has gone by, 
that there are only 5 more years at home, 
that he is taller than me more everyday
that he needs a new bed because his feet are going to go over the end right away
or that I'm old enough to have a TEENAGER!!! ahhhhh
But I love him so much he is a joy
a big help, smart, kind, and willing
see's what needs done and still lets me say 
I love you, hug him and well generally be in public with him ha ha j/k 
He is a great kid its almost heartbreaking that this time with these kids goes by SO fast and I'm realizing that more each day!
We waited so long for this baby boy who is now going to be a man sooner than we wish enjoy the littles because they for sure don't stay that way:(( 
LOVE this boy with ALL my .
Happy Birthday on Saturday Mr. K! 
We love you to the moon and back!!!

SO 
from our house of Crazy:)
Now onto Christmas Baking, figuring out last minute gifts, neighbor gifts ..... and what I actually bought etc etc.....
 most of all enjoying it all:) and letting the other things go:)

2 comments:

Tanis, John and Family said...

Christal,I met you this summer, but I've been following your blog much longer than that! haha. You take Spectacular photos, and your posts make me want to enjoy each day with my family more!! So thanks for that.

Merry Christmas!!!

Carly Bevans said...

I can't believe Kolten is going to be 13!!! Crazy!! Anyways we can't wait to see you next week for Christmas!