{Thoughts}
WHO AM I?
Good question eh who are we? What do I stand for? So many questions we all have for ourselves aren't there in the quiet moments which are rare what do you think about? Are you where you thought you'd be? Doing what you dreamed of? Are you happy? Are you at peace? What would you change?
As I was driving the other day somewhere I had the thought
..."if you want it, work for it, do it, & achieve it"
This life is short and there are things I want to accomplish.
There are seasons to each of our lives
maybe you have an empty nest, young children, middle growing children, maybe your looking, working & searching?
But whatever it is we all have dreams and wishes and plans for our lives. Sometimes they take a back burner at certain times in life and we forget them for awhile but they always make there way to the front of the things I wish I could do........ wish I was doing and then the what am I doing?
I think if we want things bad enough we have to be willing to sacrifice time maybe? money maybe? But never my Children because now is my middle time raising children and its going by way to fast.
I think back to the time when I cried my eyes out
month after month
year after year
and then decided to stop crying AND DO SOMETHING about it because it was obvious if we wanted a family, if we wanted children... we had to DO something!
We had to diverge on the normal path in life and take the one less traveled. But along the less traveled I gained so much more than I ever would have. I gained four children through more tears, prayers and paths not only on my part but on every single person touched and affected by each of our adoptions.
I grew up. I learned that nothing is easy I learned that there really are plan b's and c's even if we didn't chose them,
That there are better options sometimes.
There are eternal consequences and blessings just waiting through the pain. There are blessings we don't see till later in life sometimes. There are paths we didn't realize we even took because of something that affected us or altered us in a way we didn't think of.
AND ...
that is what life is because our choices DO matter they direct our paths in life. They alter our paths sometimes. But ultimately through prayer, faith, fasting and believing in a greater plan and in good things to come whether here or in the next life. Faith is a big part of that.
I can honestly say that I have grown and come to understand the why of some things that have happened in our lives.
Some that were gut wrenching and heartbreaking for me to go through and some that maybe not a single soul even knows or understands that we go through.
But I'm coming to understand that sometimes maybe 15 or 20 years or maybe 50 for some.......... that sometimes they aren't coincidences that just happened to happen..
they are faith building tests and experiences put in our path to shape us and make us better.
Life is hard never easy but some of us make it harder on ourselves and do things we never otherwise ever thought we would... or have to go through and for each of us that is different. But in the end our choices to those "hard things"
Life is hard never easy but some of us make it harder on ourselves and do things we never otherwise ever thought we would... or have to go through and for each of us that is different. But in the end our choices to those "hard things"
are what make the difference in our happiness. That help us so we can grow, that we can learn and that we can see where those choices take us or took us to get to where we are today. We keep making choices everyday we will make mistakes we all do ..... we move on.
But along the way we learn who we really are.
"Its not the load that breaks you down, its the way you carry it."
-cs Lewis
------------------------
So Who am I?
-I am a Wife
-I'm a mother
-A sister A daughter An aunt A friend
-A daughter of God and I know He loves me
-I dream of traveling.... going to Europe is a big big dream of mine
-I dream of going on a mission with D someday
-I love books about pioneers, history, & war about real peoples struggles and overcoming written in story form
- I have four children and an amazing husband who I love with all my heart
- I love adoption because it made me a mother
- I love chewy candies hot lips peaches and scotch mints
and then healthy, clean food.... salads fruits and veggies
-I eat a gluten free diet because it makes me feel so so much better I have strong willpower {just ask my friends;)
-I eat a gluten free diet because it makes me feel so so much better I have strong willpower {just ask my friends;)
- I love morning sunrises, evening walks and sunsets
- I love the ocean the sounds, the smell, the feel
-I love storms, rain and trees and nature
-St George and mountains are some of my favorite places to be
-I love boating, camping and spending time together every summer away
- I love family history learning, breathing and understanding stories of those gone before us.....
- I love to exercise.... I love to run and push myself and see results
-I like tanning once in awhile and getting my hair & nails done once a month
-I like fashion & clothes at great sales and discounted prices I hardly buy things at full price and I like the on line sort
-I love to check the mail and do every single day.
-I love mail packages letters all of it {well except the bills;)
-I love people watching and people in general and there stories
- I love my children and what they teach me
-I want them to grow up and find true love like the amazing examples all around them
- I want them to be happy, healthy, & filled with a burning testimony and strength it will take to make it through these times
-I want them to know that obedience is truly happiness that there is no other path
-I love service. I love to see people making a difference in others lives making people happy
-I love positive upbeat people who are unbroken by what they have been through they are the strong and take what is given them and make life stronger for themselves and those around them....
-I love the peace that comes from going to the temple, from searching and reading my scriptures daily
-I love knowing and feeling that there are things right in the world and holding tight to them.
- I'm allergic to oranges, mango's nuts etc etc and wool, sulpha drugs tea tree oil and about 50 other things
{I'm also glad I know what I am allergic to so I can avoid it.}
{I'm also glad I know what I am allergic to so I can avoid it.}
-I love downton abbey, biggest loser, sappy romances and action packed bourne type movies, prison break and parenthood are among my favorite all time favorites:)
-I love lots of music of all kinds
-I love lots of music of all kinds
- I love baths, a clean house and order.
- I love my forever family.
-I am thankful everyday for all that I have and how blessed to have what I do. To feel strong and grounded. To feel determined and defiant that my family will do everything in these walls of our home and what we can DO NOW to make it through this life together standing tall and standing for Something. Despite the pain, pitfalls and tests.
Because thats why where here to see how we do when it gets rough.
So who are you? and what do you stand for?
------------------------------------------------------
Love this analogy. So very true.
Riptides
Good Choices Brings freedom
Some might argue that the restrictions and guidelines
set by our Church leaders takes away our freedom.
This analogy explains how the opposite is true:
A man was
walking along the beach and
saw
a
sign warning about
a riptide in the ocean. It
prohibits entering the water; however, anybody is
free to ignore the sign and enter the water. Once
they enter the water, however, chances are good
that they will be captured by the riptide, in which
case their options will be severely limited.
The
person who chose to ignore the warning is now in
real danger.
If that same person, however, had
chosen to not enter the water (which we can all
agree would be the "right choice"), they are free to
do many other good and "right"
things.
They are
free to enjoy the sunset, to collect seashells, to go
home and do something else.
So who is the one who
truly
loses their freedom?
------------------------------------------------
OKAY Tuesday 10:) Around here
1. B-Ball is done and I got myself a bored teenager which only translates to teasing and lose of privileges....Hoping for some spring league starting soon to keep the boy busy:)
2. Saw Annie today with L and a friend such a cute cute show loved it.
3. Hit a milestone:)
exciting to probably only me:) LOVE my fit bit flex its kinda like the only friend I've had in the past month pushing me to work harder, achieve and get results:)) ha ha;)
4. Reading this. love it.
5. Going here in a couple months JUST me and D can't wait for some just us time:) We both need to get away:) and feel the sun.

6. Getting close to missing these two in our lives as they embark on a new exciting chapter for a year in Washington..
7. Ended up in ER on valentines day with massive ear infection I seriously felt like I was 2 it hurt so bad! Got some antibiotics doesn't hurt but still can't hear:( Great V day eh!
18 years ago valentines night D got down on one knee at the temple and asked me to marry him how grateful I am that night finally came and that I said yes!! The best yes I ever said and I love him more every year!
8. K2 leaned over to me on Sunday after listening to two cute little girls sing "If the Saviour stood beside me"
He says "that was so good mom.... it makes me feel so warm inside like I want to cry" That boy feels the spirit so strong sometimes he gets it and its so touching to me that he recognizes what it is.
Interesting how very different we all come. How differing our personalities are from the beginning no matter what part in our families we play we are all so different, and all have unique qualities to offer and give.
9.WE all need help to get to where we want to be:) Love this quote though!
10. and because a post needs a yummy recipe this was so good maybe just to me ha ha but I loved it (I don't do dressing but each to your own:) Recipe link here

Have a great week:)
For most of us its reading week and the kids are running wild sleeping in {ha ha I wish mine knew how to do that;) No real plans just a break from routine but kinda just feels like it was Christmas and then kinda makes me really thankful for school and great teachers;)
Whatever it is where you are enjoy it:)




7 comments:
I LOVE this!!
It's funny, I read that book awhile ago and didn't love it. Maybe I'll have to read it again. But I just saw that there is a follow up to it!! I have it on hold at the library.
Beautiful and so inspiring!
-Tarah
You inspire me!!
-Candice Stewart
Love the way you write. Words filled with truth...
-Mom B
Yup, you are awesome! Love the deep thoughts.
I love your blog so much... always inspiring
Post a Comment