For my little life.
Its another Monday and other week and almost another month seriously where does the time go... today I felt like I was going to blow if I didn't sit down and blog it out so finally here I am taking a few minutes to sit. Feels like the world is crazy and crazier everyday and here we say were all going to slow down and do what matters most ........but we still find time to fill our time with less important things don't we.....
Well in this home here are some of the important fillers:)......
Happening around here...
I got away on a girls trip to SLC utah with my sisters in law and my niece joined us too:) for some of it.
{D held down the fort with the help of K and a good friend:)
We enjoyed the SLC Temple and city creek....swig.... Shopping and eating out a favorite things party and hours in hobby lobby ......down time & laughing at old home movies...we sure missed the four that couldn't come....but it was a great week with these beautiful people...
while I was gone D did our closet and got it organized feels amazing compared to how it was! ps he does have a lot more clothes then that they weren't all hung up yet!
Got home and felt all christmasy so I started with my porch:)
......and last night we started on the tree but it was more frustrating then anything haha so we all went to bed happy;) some things just don't go as perfectly planned as they are in our heads..... such is life
so it will be a work in progress:)
....and then K's football season enders they made it to semi-provincials and sadly lost that game but they made it so far! and that is an accomplishment! He had a great learning year proud of him!! And now he made the basketball team and is looking forward to that!
Great kid can't believe he will be 14!!! Thats when I feel like I've been blogging for a long time seeing them all grow up through these posts is crazy!! Time please slow down!!
----------------------------------------------------
Me thinks.
Then there are so many crisis' all around the world right now and fear and hate and offense for every living thing!! It can be so overwhelming knowing what to do sometimes or what to say and how to help in some cases, with so much swirling around everywhere everyday. I fear for what is to come but I am also calm in knowing that I'm trying to do everything I can in our home within our walls to make it truly a heaven on earth {minus the putting up the tree kinda days;) but we are given a new day everyday!
To start again right!
A cute little missionary serving in Finland right now wrote this:
" As the world gets more evil, the righteous are becoming more righteous!
Seriously, I think the black, gray, and white lines are fading. It’s
becoming either so black or so white!"............
I completely agree looking around even within our own families its so hard to see people waver and drop off or find themselves doubting things they have known and believed their whole lives. And deeply struggling with it. It hurts to watch it happen. I guess I was born a strong believer deep to my core the deep, spiritual things that have happened in my life are a part of who and what I believe with all my heart.
Nobody is perfect the past is in the past. I heard this the other day and I feel the same .........that if the Lord wanted the past to be perfect he would have made it so....
but I believe it is for our day the dividing of the wheat and tares and there is no longer a middle there is no gray. You, for yourself have to decide what you will let falter you, what will make you stumble and fall and whether it will hold you down and shake you.
All things happen for a reason and in the end the puzzle will fit perfectly and divinely all together and we will see that and the why's. If we gather our faith and doubt our doubts and not our faith.
Hold on because it will only get worse before it gets better, we all know that.
Be the wheat--not the tares.
------------------------------------------
Okay how about some favorite things right now around here:)
Getting some decor up and finding some good finds fitting for this house BUT SO excited for my kitchen island which is being built and almost ready to install can't wait!
Loving this lotion from B n B and the jingle all the way but my tops are still twisted peppermint and vanilla noel:)
Loving plaid as I said;) and trees:)

and thats it for now:))
Have the best week ever!!
Happy Thanksgiving .....Count your Blessings we are a blessed bunch:)
Question:)??
What is your Favorite Christmas music? or Favorite things right now?


3 comments:
Im totally trying those little bites for my kids after school!! They look great!
Your home is SO cute! Love all the vintage going on. :)
Thought you'd appreciate this quote. It goes along with what you were saying in your thoughts.
Neal A. Maxwell...
"Church members will live in this wheat-and-tares situation until the Millennium. Some real tares even masquerade as wheat, including the few eager individuals who lecture the rest of us about Church doctrines in which they no longer believe. They criticize the use of Church resources to which they no longer contribute. They condescendingly seek to counsel the Brethren whom they no longer sustain. Confrontive, except of themselves, of course, they leave the Church, but they cannot leave the Church alone (Ensign, Nov. 1980, 14). Like the throng on the ramparts of the “great and spacious building,” they are intensely and busily preoccupied, pointing fingers of scorn at the steadfast iron-rodders (1 Ne. 8:26–28, 33). Considering their ceaseless preoccupation, one wonders, Is there no diversionary activity available to them, especially in such a large building—like a bowling alley? Perhaps in their mockings and beneath the stir are repressed doubts of their doubts. In any case, given the perils of popularity, Brigham Young advised that this “people must be kept where the finger of scorn can be pointed at them” (Discourses of Brigham Young, sel. John A. Widtsoe [1941], 434).
Therefore, brothers and sisters, quiet goodness must persevere, even when, as prophesied, a few actually rage in their anger against that which is good (see 2 Ne. 28:20). Likewise, the arrogance of critics must be met by the meekness and articulateness of believers. If sometimes ringed by resentment, we must still reach out, especially for those whose hands hang down (see D&C 81:5). If our shortcomings as a people are occasionally highlighted, then let us strive to do better."
My favourite Christmas albums are Forgotten Carols, Carroll Baker's Christmas album (tradition from growing up and my amazing brother scoured the net for years to find it on CD for me) and Trans Siberian Orchestra's Christmas Eve and Other Stories. As a family we also like the Phineas & Ferb Christmas album. I love non-traditional Christmas music. I could listen to it any time of the year (and occasionally do). Love you guys!
Post a Comment