Well there goes 2016 and I'm a few days behind posting. But finally the kids went back to school and here I am sitting starring blankly at a screen wondering where to start. We've had the flu and cold swapping and sharing around here. Its been cold and really haven't done to much exciting while the kids were home over Christmas Break.. we went the movies one night courtesy of G & G B's Christmas money and a gift card to DQ from some of our favorite people so thank you thank you to them!! The kids loved that and we did something together other than that truthfully lots of movies and games and sledding over Christmas break. The kids did a lot together and that was nice to see! and hear:) SO.....
2 0 1 6 Y E A R I N R E V I E W
1. What did you do in 2016 that you’d never done before?
1. What did you do in 2016 that you’d never done before?
- my oldest got braces and his learners
- I turned 40!!
- Had the opportunity to serve more than ever and help others
-
-my word of the year was DEEPER pretty sure I learned more this year about service and compassion and voicing my concerns and words and learning to eat them;)
-and yes I kept my resolutions to workout to eat healthy and be stronger
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
- yes my sister in law to her cute little B he's stinkin adorable I have yet to meet him but hopefully before he's 1;)
-and my sister and brother in law are in the process of adopting a little boy who we all love!!
Okay a few This year Seth Alana and Quincy and Bates so many to keep up with ha ha
4. Did anyone close to you die?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
- to soon to young tragic deaths in our communities
that were shocking and so sad:(
5. What countries did you visit?
-Just the USA
6. What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016?
- strength physically ...I'm going to learn to lift weights, burdens, moods, and others and continue all that I already do only better than last year
7. What dates from 2016 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
- Probably no certain days in particular but having Daylon here for the summer and helping the missionaries this year in our lives were big items. I learned more this year about having a deeper compassion and understanding of those that mourn and mourning with them and wanting to take there burdens away... all of us learned so much this past year....
-nothing really than personal growth inside.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I think this year was a good growth year but we didn't fail we just started over the next day:)
tried harder did better and learned a lot:)
10. Did you or someone close suffer illness or injury?
-M got two sprained arms
- A few people that we grew to love who stayed with us or spent a lot of time at our house while recovering and getting better
11. What was the best thing you bought?
-not sure nothing spectacular a sidewalk maybe ha ha
-not sure nothing spectacular a sidewalk maybe ha ha
12. Where did most of your money go?
-all our money went into this house and vehicles & kids ha ha
-okay vacations & memories too St. George fun
14. What song will always remind you of 2016?
- the songs my kids listen to that drive me crazy ha ha
-
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder?
Happy.. same... counting my blessings you never know on any day what can happen what you can lose and
so we appreciate it!
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
- I tried hard to use my time more wisely and to remember that the children are the most important people in our lives we attended lots of sports of all the kids piano swim etc
- the songs my kids listen to that drive me crazy ha ha
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder?
Happy.. same... counting my blessings you never know on any day what can happen what you can lose and
so we appreciate it!
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
- I tried hard to use my time more wisely and to remember that the children are the most important people in our lives we attended lots of sports of all the kids piano swim etc
-not sure what I wish I had done more of I guess we can all do more of
what we should be doing going to the temple, studying my scriptures but I
worked harder on that this year too and will keep working on it
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
- not sure it was a busy year but good things filled it
18. How did you spend Christmas?
- not sure it was a busy year but good things filled it
18. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas even with a few of my side of the family Christmas morning we opened presents when to church and then headed to cardston for the day since Darren's parents were home from there mission this year it was so nice to be all together again:)
We had family here from Utah and Arizona so it was nice to have many opportunities to party together.
We had a big new years party here too that was a lot of fun:)
19. What was your favorite TV program?
-Heartland is getting me through winter treadmill running... I actually really love it
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
-haven't read a good book in quite awhile haven't really gotten into one I love or really sat and read for a long time I want to just haven't been able too:((
21. What was your favorite treats/food this year?
-hot lips and Wrigley spearmint gum
-cafe verde salads kid size perfection fruits and veggies:)
-and the occasional sweet potato fries
22. What were your favorite movies of the year?
-not sure didn't watch that many
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
-I turned 40!! not sure how that happened but it did nothing out of the ordinary but it happened and a month later I walked into a surprise party by my brother and sister in laws at mongolie grill made my birthday about 40 days later;)
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
- I would have to say being able to help people we had the biggest learning year of serving and extending our home and really everything we have. We loved having Daylon in our home this summer and learned so much from him he's part of the fam forever now:) The kids learned to serve and give things up and to work harder at helping and serving also.
- We also had another in our home last month for many nights who was suffering from something she never wanted and it gave us the opportunity to serve and love and prayer for her.
Through all of these our understanding and compassion grew so much and we learned to adapt help and extend ourselves and through serving were greatly blessed with blessing that will last a lifetime...
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014?
- ankle boots skinnies and floral
26. What kept you sane?
- Sunrises and early morning late night runs:))
for sure my sanity!
26. What kept you sane?
- Sunrises and early morning late night runs:))
for sure my sanity!
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016.
I feel like I just did above but it was a good year a hard year a learning year. I struggled with a few personal things and finding my place after the kids all went to school and with them getting older, but thinking I wouldn't be busy was an understatement. I had so many opportunities to reach out and help and see beyond myself.....
We grew to love so many sister missionaries that served here and my children love having them around ....
I've realized more and more how fast time goes by and how much I want to do all I can for my children in the short time I have them home. To raise them to be strong, independent hard working faith filled children turned adults who contribute to society.
They are well on their way and its exciting to see them become who they are meant to be, though a little sad that they do grow up so fast.
The older I get the harder some things are, but the clearer I see the things that are important. The friends I choose to be around are those that build up and who we can depend on.
So
IN 2017:
I want to be a better example
I want to be able to see deeper what my husband needs,
what my children need and those around me need.
I want to cultivate the good & strengthen the weak things.
I want to be stronger spiritually, physically and mentally by doing what it takes everyday.
I want to strengthen what I have around me my home, faith and testimony and my relationships within my home
I want to use my 41st year to be the best I can be in case it were my last lets hope its not but to live like it is would make us all better people I believe.
Tomorrow is my birthday again feels like last year went by so fast and here it is again, but I'm thankful for my 40th year and all that I was given and all that I learned and hopefully my next 40 years will help me become even closer to who my Heavenly Father intended me to be.
I'm thankful for the lessons I learned in 2016 for D who works so hard not only for our family, but our ward family and his employees. He cares deeply and spreads himself thin, and we are so thankful for him and love him more than he knows.
I'm so very thankful for each of my children and all that they teach me for the beautiful souls they are for their testimonies and faith that shine strong they really are amazing!
I'm thankful for temples, the gospel of Jesus Christ and a living prophet that guides us in this crazy messed up world.
I'm thankful for a warm home and for building it up together what we want it to be forever.
Here's to 2017
That it exceeds our expectations that we make it what we want it to be that we are happy healthy and above all stronger than ever:)










5 comments:
i'd say it was a pretty good year ;) love ya!
Happy Happy 40th Birthday tomorrow!!!
P.S. Did I ever tell you that our nephew Scott Lepp is one of the Producers of the show Heartland. :) Enjoy!
41 haha thanks your the best:) and seriously love heartland!!
Love your review!
Always great thoughts - and life lessons learned. You have a beautiful family and the right priorities. and you take pretty wicked good selfies. TEACH ME.
I'm slow but I finally got to read this all! I think it's always fun to read. Glad you do it. (also you also had another new nephew (Seth) and a niece(Alanna) born this past year. =) There are too many to keep up sometimes. haha!! It looked like a good growing year which is what it's all about! Love ya!
Post a Comment