Saturday, February 17, 2018

{ Oh 2018.....}



Lets just say this is the longest winter I can remember in a very long time  and yet I haven't even blogged in these long cabin fever days.... But since it was Valentines day this week and that got me thinking about all the things I love:) So I'm posting a whole lotta love today what I'm lovin.. 

I'm loving my family, obviously but finding teenagers a whole new bred of awesome and awkward... they think they are adults as soon as they can drive ha ha not really funny. ... its a whole new world letting them drive off and the freedom a set of wheels brings! Oh my imagine if he had his own car which I'm sure he dreams about all day! But he's amazing and all kinds of wonderful in that 6'4 boy hard to think about halfway through grade 10 through finals and onto a new semester learning life lessons all along the way.  He's your typical boy nice most of the time..... a pill sometimes loving one minute hating the next ........welcome to the world of teenagers... I know that's what your thinking.....and ps he finally got his braces off after 2 years they look beautiful! Hopefully I get a good pic to share soon!


.....AND  then comes the moody feisty stubborn sister to the brother who... add a monthly... we got emotions flowing like no other. These days I'm choosing to bite my tongue, or learn to ignore when needed and hug it away the next. She's a teary gem.... a rose among the thorns, who loves to pick fights and I hear "get out and leave me alone" probably more than anything these days.  One day they will love each other .....right oh the joys....but on the up side of things she's having a great grade 8 year learning to study, has a strong testimony and faith, has good friends is loving a sign language class and loving boys ....oh to be in grade again j/k I wouldn't do that for anything haha! 
But she's killing it and we love the feisty teenager....

Then comes the boy

 on the verge of 12 of liking girls, of discovering new things, new likes music and all things pre teenagery and like his big brother..... trying new things ....pushing new limits.... but still that 2 sec cuddle boy who needs his mom.  Who picks on everyone who won't sleep and.... Yet he's still that little boy who needs just as many rules and consequences as the others but likes it the least. I mean nobody likes consequences for our actions but him least of all! He's got a hippie, loving whatever makes you comfortable vibe kinda year in school...... and we can't wait for jr high for him.... really.... to learn to sit in a desk, actually do homework and actually for me to know whats going on each day. This boy is a sweetheart and seriously can always be found doing something for someone or helping with little kids or playing with them..... running an errand he's one in  a million though thankfully the Lord knew I could only handle that much energy in one kid......

Because then he gave me the sweetest little 8 year old who he himself is trying to figure out the baby to big kid phase gotta be hard but some days are better than others.... But I would take a million of his soft, tender heart and sensitive to others spirit any day... he teaches me moments that make me think oh your right I'd better do better... he's an old soul in a little body and spirit. He's smart, happy and creative artist and learning to master his emotions daily without freaking out on anyone. He doesn't want to be called a baby, but sometimes as the littlest its hard to break out of that mold isn't it you babies out there ha ha? 
But he's stellar and we all love him!
Speaking of Stellar this guy

Another Valentine’s Day and 21 years since we got engaged which means 22 years of knowing each other that’s crazy! Okay what’s crazy is that he still loves me haha we may not have any time together literally these past years unless we plan to make it! but we are blessed to be best friends! We have a good life ...great kids and what it takes to make it work for us:) he’s not a social media kind of guy professing his undying love for me ...in real he isn’t either ...but it’s the little things along the way that show it ... it’s his hard work ....his example ....his service to not only to us but everyone... we share him with so many others in return we know we are watched after all of us in many ways. Life is never easy but it’s a whole lot easier facing it together. It’s not the same for others ....I know but it works for us... love this guy and I’m thankful for eternity to continue to annoy each other. Love this man!

Sometimes, ... you feel inadequate and ineffective because you can't do all that you feel you should. Rather than continually dwelling on what still needs to be done, pause occasionally and reflect on all that you do and have done. It is most significant.” ... Remember, “the good you have done, the kind words you have spoken, the love you have shown to others, can never be fully measured.” -President Monson

So together they push me over and around they hate me some days or so they say .....
some days I can't win, we hurt each others feelings some days .....
Other days life is great and we win together.
Most days I feel invisible that nobody even notices what I do but that's part of the job I signed up to do isn't it. One day, no even now, its worth it just trying to build a house into a home 
where each day we can feel the spirit, teach what matters most and feel what matters most deep inside a home where they can
crash on a shoulder when they are hurting or had a bad day 
a home where know they are loved more than anything
a home where the gospel is not only taught but felt 
we aren't perfect by any means not even close
and some days scripture study happens as they are eating breakfast, some days its happens running out the door...... but we are trying and some days & mornings are easier than others.
Some days there are quiet voices, some days they are much louder 
but we forgive move on and try harder the next day and 
thank goodness we have another day...
Each day is a new day and we are trying every day to be a little better everyday.
Everyday there are I love you's ......there are how was your day? .....what was your favorite thing? everyday there is connection to each other and at the end of the day with our Heavenly Father, who I hope knows we are trying. We are trying to get the much closer together forever too and foster a feeling worthy of the spirit to dwell here. That's my favorite things.

 Elder Marvin J. Ashton said, “Home should be an anchor, a port in a storm, a refuge, a happy place in which to dwell. … Home should be where life’s greatest lessons are taught and learned. Home can be the center of one’s earthly faith where love and mutual responsibility are appropriately blended.”



Other things I'm loving these days....Let's see:


Chat books -I LOVE that my kids love to sit and look at them and laugh at memories





blender makeup sponges -awesome blending coverage

memories of Europe

BOM study book I LOVE THIS one if you don't have one get one so much easier to read study and mark up I promise its amazing!

Banana Split protein shake
-frozen banana 
-frozen strawberries
-scoop of chocolate protein
-a spoonful of greek yogurt 
-chia seeds and 
-milk 
{or almond milk whichever you can handle 
so good!}




Hold on 
and have a great week:)

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Because I literally just left the mom of teenager world not too long ago, I can literally relate to this post on every level. Hang in there! You are doing so great. Love that you are finding the positive among the hard and challenging. :) P.S. K I bet feels SO good having his braces off now. One of our kids {all of them had them} had hers on for 6 years... !!!! Yup you can imagine her sweet joy when she was told she could finally get them off. Happy Love Month Christal! <3

Christal said...

Seriously love you❤️ You always make me feel like I’m doing okay and your my mother role model! Thanks for always sharing and caring❤️