Alright you asked the questions so here are my answers:
{For some reason when I copy and pasted it here from works it doesn't show the delete things along the way to edit them out so sorry about the weird things in the post not sure how to get rid of them.}
{For some reason when I copy and pasted it here from works it doesn't show the delete things along the way to edit them out so sorry about the weird things in the post not sure how to get rid of them.}
Did you have a boyfriend in high school? I had a few boyfriends in high school, but really my brother was one of my best friends {sometimes people thought we were boyfriend and girlfriend if they didn’t really know us because we were always together and he is only a year younger then me,} and though I had a lot of girl/ friends too I hung out with mostly my brothers friends. Doing everything from basketball at their houses to football on the grass,
What did you guys do for dates? Our biggest dates were just things like Sadie/prom/grad all those types then we just kind of always hung out together. We had a lot of clean fun!
"And do you tell your kids yet what life was like for you when you went to school?"
…Of course the up hill both ways….freezing cold… early mornings to seminary in my head cursing my parents the whole walk to school ha ha… cause they were sitting in front of the warm fire and I frost bite my ears true story numerous times. All true but the kids ask us to tell them stories most nights about when we grew up or when they were babies so its kind of fun to find topics and remember with them.
- I am so sorry you’re allergic to things beyond your control!! I do have flare ups to strong {stinky }perfumes and smoke can’t stand em! I got a scentsy candle about three weeks ago and reacted to it so I had to put it away and now have to determine the scents I can handle its frustrating so I totally know how you feel!! Right now I have a flare up I’ve been good for over 2 years! And over the past 3 weeks something changed I didn’t use anything new but all it takes is for a product to have one ingredient changed and it effects everything for my eyes they are itchy, swallow and red and I feel itchy puffy and gross!! SO I have to call companies, email them and I find they are not very cooperative they think I’m the competition and am going to make my own or something. I hope you find your answer mine didn’t really help since I am more allergic to ingredient type things. –Good question though!!
Yes our kids know from birth pretty much that they are adopted it’s kind of like you have 10 fingers it’s just apart of them, of course it’s a big deal and will become more so as they get older. But it’s just something they always know they have pictures of them and a letter {from most of their birthparents} that when they are older will be able to read and understand more when that time comes.
what age did you tell them? and to what extent do you explain? We explain what they can understand at whatever age they are.
Do you keep in contact with any of the birth parents? Our agreements have been with pictures and a letter through our lds family services office and they are at 2 weeks 3 6 9 12 18 24 months and once a year till 8. We don’t really have contact other than that we have run into a few on occasion but from the beginning we decided to take the awkward out of it not that it makes it that much easier but it works. I know that a lot especially in the states do things and spend time with the birth parents but we have always felt that for our situations and the council we had and have been given that it just works best for us.
The backcombing comb that you have, what makes it so different from a regular tail pick comb? Does it back comb differently or just more effectively? Does this make sense?
To me it works better because the bristles are staggered so it gives a more evenly backcombed piece and more to work with {so funny that I’m talking about hair} when I backcomb mine I have like five different sections standing straight up from my head then I can use the brush to piece it and smooth it over too !!
"What was the most stressful thing you did, or had to do {when preparing your home} for when you received your final home study by your case worker?"
I think it was just stressing over the fact that I hoped my house was up to specs that they thought it was okay and clean ---- then on the other hand the feelings of being kind of sad/mad that I even had to have my house inspected when other people just have babies and bring them home!
But besides that I always had something warm and inviting like banana bread cooking and then I always felt better and homemakerish! It’s just stressful but after the first time it got a whole lot better , but the first time was the worst making sure all the things you don’t even think of are put away like all medicines and all cleaners out of reach. WE did get a lot of unfinished jobs done each time like a deck finished and all the safety things you never think of done! {I only hope t hat by asking this question you are taking the road and if you are I am so excited for you!!} {If you ever have any questions or anything email me call me anything!!}
And my sil Kristyn made it just before I went to do this so here are her’s!
where was your favorite place you lived growing up?
I think Armstrong BC it was the age of first crushes my grade seven teacher was one of them ha ha!! He looked like alan Jackson and back then I thought he was so awesome! I can only imagine how pathetic I probably looked ha ha! Anyway we lived in an awesome old house built in the 1800’s and I loved it I love old houses with life and character just old! I have a lot of memories of my little brothers and sisters. I have memories of family friends that came to visit one of my best friends who pasted away when he was 20 a lot of memories there. I remember walking home from school and stopping for cheese samples at the Armstrong Cheese Factory , I even acted in a few community theater products there. I lived their from grade 4-8. Lots of memories!
if money was no object what would be your dream vacation?
That one is easy I would love to tour Europe go to D’s mission Ireland and all over Europe someday I will!! I love to travel!
what do you like to do when you have "me" time?
Me time I love to read take a hot bath, me time is a weekly yoga class that I love! Me time is just feeling like I am a person again whether I am wondering the mall by myself or getting my hair done its needed and makes me a better mom to feel like I have control of the areas I need to to be able to be a better mom!
what is your all time favorite quote?
I have so many I don’t think I can pick just one cause they are all applicable for different times of how I am feeling or thinking!
how do you deal with trials that come your way?
How do I deal with trials I pray a lot and read my scriptures I’ve gotten a lot better at handling them as they come. But most of the time I just have to look around and see that mine could be much worse I also do what I can to make things better and move on because this to shall pass and we can only take what we learn from it and get better at handling what is next because there is always something!
do you have any type of cleaning, organizing schedule?
Yes we do Mondays I mop and deeper clean after the weekend aftermath, I do laundry everyday because I hate piles and can handle it much easier in small quantities, Saturdays we have chores we have a basket with a list the kids know they have to get chores done before other things. SO they each have jobs like K’s is vacuuming the basement. L does the windows she can reach and M gets dusting duties and the toy room gets an overhaul every week. Every night though I can’t go to bed without everything picked up it feels so much better to wake up with no dishes in the sink and clean floors and areas.
what is something in your kitchen you could not live without?
My dishwasher I spent 10 year without one so I really really am grateful for a dishwasher! {and my boshe love it} I really want a red kitchen aid though someday!
what is your most favorite picture in your home (or otherwise if you don't have it yet)?
My favorite picture so far in my house is of the temple a friend of ours took it and we got it blown up onto canvas I love it and look at it everyday it brings me peace and reminds me constantly of the very most important occasions in my life my husband and being sealed to all our children all in the same place and room! {and of course the other would be the one I’m waiting for lol!!}
What date do you remember the most that you and D had while dating?
What date do you remember the most that you and D had while dating?
I think one of the funnest dates I remember the most was our weekly one before we got married we took a country dance class on friday nights at the collage and every week I was so nervous, scared I was going to sweat to death too ha ha, but every time I hear the country songs from those classes it brings back lots of memories. I loved it and still love dancing with him in the living room!
____________________________
So I wasn't going to add this poem I found but I love it cause it reminds me that
we need to be happy for who we are. We can't do it if we spend our time trying to be something we aren't, we are wasting a lot of valuable time that could be spend trying to a better us..a better YOU.
Envy
____________________________
So I wasn't going to add this poem I found but I love it cause it reminds me that
we need to be happy for who we are. We can't do it if we spend our time trying to be something we aren't, we are wasting a lot of valuable time that could be spend trying to a better us..a better YOU.
Envy
by Edgar A. Guest
I wonder if the poppy shows
The slightest envy of the rose?
Or if the pansy wastes its time
Regretting that it cannot climb?
Do blossoms of a yellow hue
Complain because they are not blue?
Do birds which God designed to sing
Envy the wild ducks' fleeter wing?
And does the sparrow sadly mourn
Because he was not goldfinch born?
I cannot say, but fancy not.
Each seems contented with his lot.
'Tis only man who thinks that he
Some other man would rather be.
---------------------------
I wonder if the poppy shows
The slightest envy of the rose?
Or if the pansy wastes its time
Regretting that it cannot climb?
Do blossoms of a yellow hue
Complain because they are not blue?
Do birds which God designed to sing
Envy the wild ducks' fleeter wing?
And does the sparrow sadly mourn
Because he was not goldfinch born?
I cannot say, but fancy not.
Each seems contented with his lot.
'Tis only man who thinks that he
Some other man would rather be.
---------------------------
Have a great day!



8 comments:
I'm embarrassed by all the spelling mistakes and the things that needed to be changed or added too it still won't let me in to change anything its all in weird HTML type settings. anyway so yeah some things I would add would be some of our agreements with birthparents only got to 5 years with neg after that.
another would be trials the temple is one of the biggest peace makers for me durning a trial.
and the poem I was trying to say that I was going to use it with another post but decided to use it today anyway..excuses excuses I know...
and all the spelling mistakes you'll just have to look past!! crazy blogger me!! later.
So fun to read about you. I love the poem. So true!
What a fun Q&A session! And I love the poem. You continue to inspire me with your posts. :) Thank you.
That was total fun!
Thanks for doing that!
Okay. So it's now Tuesday......I'm picturing you doing your second load of laundry........your floors all mopped........ ; D
Anyway.....that was Fun!
Great Q&A!!
so fun to read all the random questions and facts about you! Love ya!
I love your braveness of being willing to answer ANY question asked of you. That is one of those that you never know what will be asked!
I have MCS too. Hate it. Not much can be done other than have ppl try to understand.
I love you how you have such a specific way of doing your hair! I remember at teh DQ you telling us how you did your hair and how it was so specific then too! Fun times.
Your kids are so blessed to have you as a mom.
O.k., I didn't have any questions with the original "Look Inside" post, but now I do.
Where exactly have you lived? I knew about Cardston, Creston, and Vernon I'm assuming because you knew Peter Hubbard. But it sounds like you've moved a lot. And why did you move so much?
Oh, and what exactly is your daily hair routine, other than backcombing the heck out of it. Are you brave enough to have D take pictures for a step by step hair post (products listed too)? :) You know I'm only asking because I think you always have the cutest hair.
So glad you're embracing yoga haha!
Thanks for letting us peek into your life.
Post a Comment