![]() |
| source pinterest |
So this past week I 've had a lot of thoughts go through my head about a whole lot of things...happens when your husband is on a business trip to Florida for 6 days but anyway....It kind of happens in those long hours lots of thinking ...I decided that since some of my friends did this and had good results I'd give it a try its been around forever but it works so I put it to the test:
a.) to kick start my metabolism
b.) to see if I could do it everyday and carry though to the end
c.) to see what I could actually lose in seven days
I learned that
a.) I have good friends who helped keep me strong on days I was a little hungry, a little irritated and little unsure of why i was doing this in the first placeb.) how much we snitch a little here and snitch a little there
ie. lunch cleanup ,opening snacks for the kids and sneaking one or two,
c.) how much we eat cheese, milk, sour cream, etc and how much we bake { since all of what we make is from scratch pretty much from muffins to dinner....we have a habit of thinking that since its that way its much better which it is then prepared junk....but it adds up slowly
d.) how I thought I drank alot of water till I had to drink 10 plus cups a day....yeah I went to the bathroom alot....
AFTER A FEW DAYS
- I started noticing that my skin was clearer, my hair was shinier ,
- I had less cravings for things that I had for earlier
- that a baked potato for breakfast tastes like heaven after a two days of fruit and veggies
- that a frozen banana just past the green stage and a glass of milk mixed in the blender tastes like a milkshake or candy after three days so so good
- that the numbers dropping every morning made me stronger for the next day
- but best of all I felt clean inside like healthy like not stuffed or bloated or icky?? know what I mean?? no, okay never mind ha ha...
- I didn't feel deprived everyday filled something you were missing the previous days
-found a love for grilled zucchini again and discovered ground turkey {never had tried it before}
-discovered that I do have good willpower FOR seven days....
-my clothes started fitting loser ..awesome
-discovered that as each day ended and I crossed it off the next day became easier cause it was that much closer to my end goal...
-that comments from someone today on how she noticed I had lost weight made it all worth it that it did work....... the way I had hoped
I LOST 7 lbs doing it
but more importantly for me as much as cleaning, detoxing and rebooting my body ......was seeing if I could really do it
and I did!!
I then realized how much that one comment meant to me .....like what I was doing was worth it because I knew how I felt but was surprised how much better it felt that someone noticed a difference too that maybe it wasn't all just in my head..
which got me thinking
that the despite how trivial how small my situation was that in
real life situations
no matter what we tell ourselves
being validated... feeling important ......feeling apart of something
lifts us makes us stronger and sometimes is what carries us through the hardest parts of our lives, through our trials
through our bad mom days
through just plain long tiring hard days.......
its through others
Sometimes through a simple smile, a compliment, a note, a phone call, a thoughtful gesture they mean so much no matter how big or small
Just say it if your thinking it the good, kind, helpful things
be more aware of others, help others, encourage others....
build each other up instead of tearing down
don't judge don't condemn
give.
honesty. love. service. a hug.
it's not going to hurt you..... try it.
Look at that I just turned a body cleanse into a mind cleanse. awesome.
Have a great week!!
oh and 10 for Tuesday maybe a shortened version?
1. tornado warnings and touchdowns severe weather last week kind of fun, kind of freaky...
2. Can't believe this school year is over next week! WOW. grades 1/3/5 coming up.
3. Everything I wanted to put my kids in summer is either full or when we are gone! Major frustrated!
4. Soccer is done next week too :) :)
5. K is enrolled for September football weird already thinking about that.
6.can't wait for July 16th :) time away with D..
7. I can't handle how big K2 is getting talking in full sentences, escaping out the front door, wanting to play with friends and he is so so polite he makes me feel like I'm actually a really good mom and teach my children manners ;) WHY DO THEY HAVE TO GROW UP SO FAST HE IS GOING TO BE THREE!!!! Seriously 3 in 3 weeks!!!!
8. I'm excited for July 1st weekend means I am a true raymondite doesn't it?? Big party time here... K2 is so lucky every year is a huge party just for him {oh and Canada but we won't tell him that ha ha} and this year the celebrations are actually on his birthday:)
9. I really want the deck built and fence finished this month..... here's hoping.
10. thats all I got ......can't think of another thing!!
Besides that I just love these kids
Enough from me
"trying harder to be a little better" in every way was my motto {word} this year..... I'm trying :) how bout you??




6 comments:
Way to go!
Feels to good to make a goal and then complete it and be successful. The greatest feeling in the world, right?
What's my goal lately? To break my gum chewing habit. I know. Sounds silly.....but it's seriously gotten out of control. And all this aspartame is NOT good for me. Ugh. I picked up this disgusting habit trying to break another habit. Twisted it is for sure. HA ha.
Have a great summer!
love love loved this! you are amazing! and you ARE such a great mom! i remember through all my "babysitting your kids years" that i wanted to be like you as a mom! miss you guys! move to welling!!! :)
Awe thanks so much Neechel you r so sweet we all miss you!
way to go! what a good time to do when the husband is gone. you always look great, but it's nice to feel great too right?!
Christal, that is awesome! So so awesome! Way to go! We've been trying to eat healthier too the last few weeks and I notice that I feel a lot better too. I'm not as good as you though and have slipped again the last few days. Your post gave me the boost to keep going again! It's worth the effort to feel so much better. 7 lbs is AWESOME! You go girlfriend! :)
Wow! I have tried that one and never made it the full 7 days. Pretty pathetic when you think about it, like 7 days isn't that long. So WAY TO GO! I bet you felt better and amazing how things taste differently after a few changes. And 7lbs? Like you had that to loose, you always look amazing, but yeah for that too. Your so inspiring!
Post a Comment