....I am SO thankful For Reminders Like This one:
I LOVE this post I think its so important to remember and think about what we are doing and what we are showing to our kids is most important...
"Dear Mom On the iPhone,
{here is the origanal link of this post}
I see you over there on the bench,
messing on your iPhone. It feels good to relax a little while your kids
have fun in the sunshine, doesn’t it? You are doing a great job with
your kids, you work hard, you teach them manners, have them do their
chores.
But Momma, let me tell you what you don’t see right now…..
Your little girl is spinning round and
round, making her dress twirl. She is such a little beauty queen
already, the sun shining behind her hair. She keeps glancing your way
to see if you are watching her.
You aren’t.
Your little boy keeps shouting, “Mom, MOM watch this!” I see you acknowledge him, barely glancing his way.
He sees that too. His shoulders slump, but only for a moment, as he finds the next cool thing to do.
Now you are pushing your baby in the
swing. She loves it! Cooing and smiling with every push. You don’t
see her though, do you? Your head is bent, your eyes on your phone as
you absently push her swing.
Talk to her. Tell her about the clouds,
Mommy. The Creator who made them. Tickle her tummy when she comes near
you and enjoy that baby belly laugh that leaves far too quickly.
Put your eyes back on your prize…Your kids.
Show them that they are
the priority. Wherever you are, be ALL there. I am not saying it’s not
ok to check in on your phone, but it’s a time-sucker: User Beware!
Play time at the park will be over before you know it.
The childhood of your children will be gone before you know it.
They won’t always want to come to the
park with you, Mommy. They won’t always spin and twirl to make their
new dress swish, they won’t always call out, “WATCH ME!”
There will come a point when they stop trying, stop calling your name, stop bothering to interrupt your phone time.
Because they know…
You’ve shown them, all these moments,
that the phone is more important than they are. They see you looking at
it at while waiting to pick up brother from school, during playtime, at
the dinner table, at bedtime…..
I know that’s not true, Mommy.
I know your heart says differently.
But your kids can’t hear your words, Mommy. Your actions are screaming way too loudly."
All things in Balance.... when we seek balance... we gain peace..
Its drawing a line and doing whats best whether its what we like or not for the things that really matter in the long run.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------
So these days
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
little snuggles
a certain little 6 year old boy who refills the toliet paper roll with the toliet paper on the right side even:)
the sweet 3 year old kisses..... meant for lips but gets my cheek;)
I'm thankful for
a husband who works hard and is an outstanding boss who really cares about his employees
he's a great friend and would do anything for anybody
smart kids who try hard
Kids who see what needs done without being asked {far and few between but thankful for when it does happen:)
Thankful for our morning scripture study that is working so so well the kids remind me and make the time for it everything runs smoother!
Thankful for my family all of them:)
Thankful for a warm house, love and a soft place to fall....be it shoulders or a bed....
Thankful for prayer and temples and for every blessing I have:)
and all the little things in between its flying by and I do want to appreciate every minute because before we know it it is gone:(
Time is short. What are we doing with it??
What are you thankful for on this dreary foggy cold day if you live anywhere near me:)....
Have a great weekend
What are you thankful for on this dreary foggy cold day if you live anywhere near me:)....
Have a great weekend


3 comments:
Love this! You always have such great quotes and other things to share that make me think of how I can do better as a mom!
I loved the "Dear Mom on the Iphone." But I also loved the "In Defense of the Iphone Mom." Both of them are very good! Go check it out on my Facebook page!
yes, thank you for sharing about the morning scripture devotional. We do 'full' scriptures at night (still simple) but these one verse that lead to discussion are so great! Thanks!
Another great post, balance/moderation with everything right? It's constant because we are always walking the tight rope of life. Different stages mean different balancing acts.
Post a Comment