Monday, March 25, 2013

{Simply Me Accessories..Me thinks}


Paulo Coelho quotes


SO a long crazy week this past week for some reason I thought potty training ....getting ready for a trade show..... and writing a talk on the Atonement would be a fun thing to do!! Let me tell you I slept for 5 hours yesterday afternoon!! But all went good  
{well except the potty training he hasn't quite caught the vision on that one;) 
So in picture form instastyle here is our week....

First off my super talented friend and neighbor Rhonda helped me get my product tags designed and done in minutes. I wanted something simple... something me and came up with SIMPLY ME accessories look how cute these are!! THANK YOU Rhonda and Whitney for making me do the Trade Show I had super fun and made good money and loved seeing so many people and some surprises who showed up:) and now I know I can do it:)
.....and our booth all decorated and ready for the big day after all the work making them, getting everything priced and then hoping people would come it was exciting and fun:) Whit sold fresh dough nuts & made some cute family proclamation signs and some really super cute aprons she sold out of dough nuts all 250 + in about an hour and half:)
We called our booth SIMPLY ME and WHITNEY D 
{so cheesy I love it:)}

My baby also went on his first winter scout camp seriously crazy to think he is getting so grown up it really really does fly by:(( Hard to let them go:(
It was 60's day at school and Miss L was super excited:) and cute
This little girl also had her Choir festival trip this week I surprised her and went to it super good and I am just so proud of her it was something she did all on her own joining choir and she really enjoys it! All my pictures turned out bad that day:( but I got a good shot of the temple:)
Then last night we went on a drive to the ranch and let the kids run they were so wired and crazy! Bale jumping is there favorite thing to do! Can't believe how big our kids are getting! Excuse our real life slobbyness;) Thats how we roll on lazy sunday afternoons:)
And then we had talks yesterday both of us had to speak on the Atonement and Repentance Go watch the video He is Risen from this link its beautiful! Anyway all week I thought about it starting writing it and prayed really hard to understand it never get to far but had this and that..... after the trade show and kids to bed I totally wrote a new talk and it finally flowed....and its the first time that I got up and didn't turn red and blotchy or faint;) or have my hands shaking so bad...so its nice to know that my calling is at least teaching me to get out of my comfort zone and its okay:) Hopefully those there came away with a resolve to live better happier lives and to realize why we are here...
Me THiNKS
I just wanted to post the last bit of my talk from yesterday because some of the best quotes I found are there and just a bit to think about in living a better life and realizing that we all make mistakes and that the Atonement is there for us.....This Easter really think about what a gift it is and how blessed we are....and take a couple of minutes to watch the video clip linked above....

One day we will look back at our lives and wonder if we could have been better, made better decisions, or used our time more wisely.
To avoid some of the deepest regrets of life, we need  to make some resolutions today. let us:
Resolve to spend more time with those we love. -Be present
Resolve to strive more earnestly to become the person God wants us to be.• try harder
Resolve to find happiness, regardless of our circumstances.... There is something good in everyday

Many of the deepest regrets of tomorrow can be prevented by following the Savior today. If we have sinned or made mistakes—if we have made choices that we now regret—there is the precious gift of Christ’s Atonement, through which we can be forgiven. We cannot go back in time and change the past, but we can repent. The Savior can wipe away our tears of regret and remove the burden of our sins. His Atonement allows us to leave the past behind and move forward with clean hands, a pure heart,  and a determination to do better and especially to become better.
BUT
"Do not expect to become perfect at once. If you do, you will be disappointed. Be better today than you were yesterday, and be better tomorrow than you are today." Lorenzo Snow
May God help us to be a little kinder showing forth greater forbearance, to walk the second mile, to reach down and lift up those who may have sinned but have brought forth the fruits of repentance, to lay aside old grudges and nuture them no more." 
"Life by the yard is hard; by the inch it's a cinch. Each of us can be true for just one day--and then one more and then one more after that--until we've lived a lifetime guided by the Spirit, a lifetime close to the Lord, a lifetime of good deeds and righteousness."
—Thomas S. Monson

"Remember the Heavens will not be filled with those who never made mistakes-Dieter F Uchdorf."



"When something bad happens, you have three choices...
you can either let it define you, let it destroy you or
you can let it strengthen you."

So Have a great week Make it count:)

So what is your favorite Easter Tradition? Seems nobody has time to comment anymore lately..... but its nice to know who 's reading;) 
{{since the traffic numbers show some high volume:) Who's out there still:) }}
  Have a great Day:)

3 comments:

Kayli said...

I LOOOVE that sixties picture! Sooo adorable!

Also, one of the most beautiful temples! (or maybe just one of the most sentimental to me) :)

And I *LOOOVE* that your kids get to jump on the bales. That totally reminds me of my own childhood running and jumping and playing tag on my grandpa's bales. And I lost my new jelly shoe one time. :) If we ever come up to visit, I'm requesting THAT as one of our activities to do together! I'm serious-- not just the kids-- adults too! ;)
I'm pinning the picture of them bale-jumping, k?

And I wish I could have heard yoru talk. But thanks for the quotes- I especially like that last one by Pres. Uchtdorf.

(Still excitedly awaiting my package... mail is slow)

Lynn said...

Gorgeous Temple photo!!

So happy to hear that you had such great success at the trade show! But why am I not surprised. ; ) Gorgeous stuff you make.

Love the pics of your kids free as birds flying over bales of hay. Pictures of pure sweet innocence. And capturing their childhood like this sure brings back memories for me growing up in the country. Love it.

Happy Happy Easter!

Just Rhonda said...

your booth was so cute! Love the pics :)