Randomness around here:
This winter is lasting f o r e v e r.......its C O L D
- speaking of cold I gotta head cold too.
- Went with D to a conference over the past reading week the kids swam pretty much the entire time, went out to dinner a few to many times watched the Lego movie . cried in the movie. and really the kids just loved doing something ... I loved watching them swim together take care of each other and laugh and enjoy new things...wasn't really a break for me but the kids had fun and a room with bunk beds all to themselves which they thought was totally awesome in itself:)

- We jumped on the duck dynasty bandwagon never had watched an episode ha ha till last Wednesday no I know when I hear uncontrolled laughter somewhere in the house D is watching it! So funny! Love it!

- Elder Jeffery R. Holland is coming in a few weeks and I seriously can't wait to go hear him speak! 9 stakes in two buildings might be a lot! Thankful to be a youth leader:)
- Working on new Jewelry for this years shows or anytime drop ins;)
- Getting ready and planning for my 20th school reunion this summer {wow eh I'm old that makes me feel old anyway! }
- Ran outside a couple times last week and its was SO nice to get out! I know I say it all the time but I really really miss going outside!!
- Been loving the Olympics the past two weeks ! Were going to miss it was exciting:) We even had a fun
FAVORITES RIGHT NOW:
- Loving these new scents from Bath n' Body works helping me feel a little summer somewhere in here:)

- Bought a new straighter and I LOVE it never had a nice one before that actually worked like salon style;) I fell for the kiosk after she flattered me and dropped her price like a good salesman but I seriously love it!! With a 5 year warranty and European voltage she sold me;)

- Me Thinks
"As human beings, sometimes we think that other people’s marks about us define who we are. We know better. But sometimes we need to be reminded. Your grades don’t define you. Your review at work does not define you. What someone else thinks about your parenting style or political view or haircut does not define you.Your thoughts define you. Your actions define you.How you treat your spouse and your children? Of course this defines you. How you treat a stranger also defines you. How you handle adversity defines you.
What we do with our spare time, how we serve others, the choices we make … these are all things that define us.So the next time someone belittles, criticizes, labels, or falsely accuses you, sure — stand up for yourself if necessary. But resist the urge to spend too much energy fighting or defending or criticizing back. Instead, look inward. Look at your core.You know who you are.You know what you’re about. If you question your worth, don’t. Not for one second. Get on your knees and pray to a loving Heavenly Father who knows you and loves you unconditionally. He will remind you how awesome you are. And if you humbly and sincerely ask, He’ll even let you know what you can do to be even better." -becky higginsLove this post by Becky!
SoPerfectly said.You know who you are.Doesn't matter what other people think.
we know what's inside and its up to us to do our best and live life worthy of actions and thoughts that clearly define who we are without saying much of anything at all.
Have a great week...Look beyond the mirror and see whats there.Within and around you.



4 comments:
Glad you guys had fun. It's good to help the kids make memories (even if it is all work for the momma!)
SPRING WE NEEEEEEEEDDDD YOUUUUUUUUU
Elder Holland's Talk is being broadcast to the far away stakes so it won't be so squishy!! :)
Hmmmm........I should really see what this Duck Dynasty is all about. I've heard SO much about them.
Looks like you guys had fun. Hmmm maybe I should get a new straightener, mine is just a cheapy $25 from walmart... I probably don't know what I'm missing. Such great thoughts at the end of this post. Thanks for sharing! Although the older I get the more comfortable and happy I am with just me and who I am and that I'm trying to be the best version of me each and every day.
Post a Comment