Monday, September 1, 2014

{ Me thinks...and a wrap up}


 

one of my favorite shots I took this weekend:)

Summer is over.... school is back in tomorrow and life will be back on course with routine, responsibilities and lots of learning happening this year for all of us....
ROUTINE IS SO IMPORTANT
I find that every year by the time summer is almost done the kids are tired of no routine, they are whiny, fighting and forgetting their manners, and lack of respect and I think they all may have a hearing problem too;)
They are all pretty excited to get back to school too so its not just me;)
So as sad as I will be alone most mornings...... I am thankful K2 is only in kindergarten but I will miss him a lot! It's pretty much been us for 4 years at home but he is excited and ready and I'll save my tears for when he won't see them:( 
Those tears might be for my oldest who goes into JR HIGH this year too for all that is to come over the next 6 years did I teach him train and bring him up so he can survive and withstand the world?
 I sure hope so for all of them.
W H A T' S  U P
So Saturday we had bishops youth hike to Waterton to summit it was pretty amazing! Only sad part was K and one other boy were the only ones who showed up not one YW:(( ...made me sad.
But whether there is one or 30 we loved it and everyone who wasn't there MISSED OUT! and hopefully parents will get those kids out next year to challenge them and help them to grow 
because thats where true growth comes from the challenge...and a few requirements for scouts and Person Progress can be passed off:)

A few years ago I wouldn't have been able to do a 6 hour pretty hard hike without huffing and puffing but seriously I felt amazing {I know I'm blowing my own horn here ;) but it was awesome! 
I loved the push, the burn and the scenery!!  
 {I know if your my instagram and FB friend you've already seen these but gotta document here too:)
We are so blessed to live in this corner of the world the most beautiful views ever!! It was SO amazing! Got to hang out with K and D all day:)
 
 

 





 Moving on the three youngest finished up swim lessons and all passed and had fun too:) we've got school supplies, school shopping, eye appointments and closet purging done....ready to go....

 
.... and I'm really going to miss my early runs and sunrises its already getting colder and later in the morning...


 and we've already started football.... ahhh...and the busy busy starts:)

Last night we also had our back to school dinner our theme for the year and fathers blessings for the new school year and a fashion show to complete our night:) It's a pretty fun tradition they love every year we couldn't do it tonight so it was a day earlier but I kind of liked it for a sunday night no rush and a great family activity and planning session:) 

 We chose the scripture from D&C 109:8 for our theme this year to work harder to bring us all closer to where we need to be as a family and in our home....
Organise yourselves; ... prepare every needful thing, and establish a house, a house of prayer, a house of fasting , a house of faith, a house of learning , a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God.  Doctrine and Covenants 108:8 D 109:8 
so here's to the 2014/2015 school year:) GRADES K /3 /5/ 7 

one day at a time.
 "Parents must bring light and truth into their homes by one family prayer, one scripture study session, one family home evening, one book read aloud, one song, and one family meal at a time." 
-L. Tom Perry

this and that:
Made these this morning and the kids loved them: found here
Raspberry Cinnamon Biscuits 
Healthy zucchini cakes 
---------------------------------
 "Cultivate Kindness"

April 2014 General Conference Printables - simple as that

Another theme of this year we are gonna work harder at:) All of us could be a little more understanding, a little more kinder and a little more compassionate:) Not only in our families but with all those around us:)
 Kindness Quote - Free Printable Art
Have a beautiful week:)

4 comments:

Tisha said...

That scripture from D&C is my all time favorite!

Lynn said...

Welcome back to school and annual traditions! Love that. Cute kids!
That scripture is something we grew up with too! Loved that we had parents who lived and parented that way. We still try to do the same thing.... It was an awesome day to get a letter from our missionary boy thanking us for that today. Imagine that!....thanking us for FHE, Seminary, and, and and....LOL! Sometimes we never would of imagined. ;)

The Lowry's said...

Loved the focus on kindness. Great theme.

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

Loved all of this - Tyler and I are still deciding on a theme…there's just too much good scriptures!!!
P.S. That first picture truly is remarkable.
Maybe people will start hiring your iphotoness abilities?!