
I am not joking when I say I should have been born in the frontier homesteading little house on the prairie era, one room school house times.... I'd probably shot you off my property if you didn't belong..... We'd eat what we planted.... in school we'd learn the basics...... above all we'd work hard for everything we have and where our kids play for hours and find so much to do. Where there was courtesy, respect & common sense, discipline and consequences for your actions. I am serious.
What kind of world do we live in where a 10 year old needs an email for school? OR you can't do or say certain things they might offend others so we throw everything out.....OR we accepted every lie were told and blindly keep moving forward without checking things out. Its kinda sickening what is going on around the world and I honestly worry so much some days if what I'm doing even matters when faced up against a world gone mad.... where anything goes and if you don't adapt to that standard of thinking your all kinds of bad....racist .....not with the times...
well the times stink.:(
I suppose thats what Standing Alone is because more everyday I am amazed at the swayed and discouraging actions of those who know better.
In reality I probably wouldn't have lasted back in those days but so many things these days bring tears to my eyes and breaks my mother heart..the things our children hear, see and have to go through..... because of others, because of society..... is more than I can take sometimes. I know we live now that this is our reality so we are doing the best we can but wouldn't it be amazing if like the song thats playing .....we realized our potential, that our children won't ever feel aimless... that they will find their purpose and know how very loved they are to those that matter most.
When we all do our part beautiful things can and will happen and as a mother to these beautiful children I pray everyday that I'm doing enough and doing my part to bring it all together.
That we are all doing our piece to build each other up.
see so much to think about...

“YOU be the one to make a stand for right, even if you stand alone. Have
the moral courage to be a light for others to follow.”
–Thomas S.
Monson
----------------------------------------------------------
Today is my D's 40th birthday and I can hardly believe we are this old;) this far along in life...How does that happen?? I'm beginning to realize that we never really change inside you still feel young yet time passes and years fly by the kids get bigger ....... and we are where we are because of every series of choices we've made along the way and there isn't anybody I'd rather walk this path of life with than D...he is an example to me, a better logical thinking parent then me;) and he puts up with me loves me, he makes me laugh, he is a perfect example of selfless service to all who need it. He is a great boss, and a loving, caring & understanding Bishop of our ward......we miss him a lot of days ... but I know the kids and I are blessed through his service. He is a great example of what a father should be to our children. He is a jack of all trades and can do pretty much anything and for that I thank his amazing parents for teaching him through hard work and their examples. He was an amazing missionary and he has accomplished a lot in 40 years and I'm excited for an eternity of years with him.
H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y B A B E!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since its fall fall now here are some fun randoms:):
1 cup flour, 1/2 cup salt, 1 cup boiling water, 2 tbsp oil, 2 tbsp cream of
tartar, 1/3 of the jar of pumpkin pie spice (the tiny jar), maple
extract, vanilla extract, food coloring mix knead and knead again:)
Smells heavenly:)
Here are some awesome conference to do's for this weeks LDS General Conference can't wait:)
Loving this scent from bath n body works:)
I'm a seasonal scent wearer:)

Have a great week:)



2 comments:
You talking about Darren's birthday made me remember when you told how you guys met and started dating. I love those stories!
Happy Happy 40th Darren!
Hey Christal -- your post reminded me of one I wrote a couple of years ago..."standing alone"...who knew back then that it was just touching the surface. Times are changing SO fast now. It's sad to see so many sway.
As I sit here listening to the clocks tick...{Curtis leaves to airport in just a couple of hours}......it gives me a renewed sense of faith and hope.....that he, and many thousands of others, are doing a good thing. Sharing the plan with others. Showing them where and how to stand up for what's good and right. I just got a clear picture of your boys doing the same thing one day. :) I LOVE your passion in parenting.....you are doing great things.
Post a Comment