Wednesday, November 26, 2014

{ Thankful. 10. }


 
.....is in our house but being thankful is in our hearts:)

1. Thankful for family. Sometimes when I'm running around busy, crazy juggling kids, my schedules and who should be where... I think how blessed I feel to even have one schedule never mind four. thankful.

2. Thankful K made the basketball team and is playing hard. Lots of running around but it keeps us on our toes. I love this kid so much!!  I seriously can't handle the fact that he will be 13! A TEENAGER!! in less than a month! How? wasn't he just a baby? Where does the time go!

3. Thankful for L's love of choir she sang in a concert tonight and  loved it. Proud of her and she got Dad and Mom all to herself I think she liked that part the most.;) She also did a Cheer camp a couple weekends ago and loved it! She got to be the top of the pyramid and loved being about to do that! Its fun to find things your kids love doing:)
Can you see her back row right side red :)
L and her cute cousin

4. Thankful for on line shopping;) you already guessed that by now though right;)  I'm almost done Christmas shopping completely without having gone to one store or in any lines..... between price checking stores and amazon free shipping and cheaper than the store .....heck why not:)

5. Thankful for the funnies........ M comes up with that he doesn't even realize are funny like were talking about how its NERD DAY tomorrow in school and he says 
"its to honor all the nerds at school" 
and he was dead serious....so funny then he said he wasn't dressing up because he already was one... ha ha awesome boy.

6. Thankful for my hard working husband and how much time  he spends on his knees and aches for those who are hurting and those he works with. Hard to see the ones you love carry so much on their shoulders and stretch themselves so thin. But I am thankful everyday that I am married to such a man who cares so much for others and is such an example to me and our children.

7. Thankful for good teachers who help my kids get better and who give extra and help me to understand what I need to do to help them improve. To bad smart genes don't come easy to all of us because I need a few just to help out;)

8. Thankful for inspired talks and quotes I've been listening to conference talks lately in the mornings getting ready and its amazing what you get out of them a second and third time so much peace and happiness comes if we are just obedient..... I so wish that were easy to help people understand that:(( I am SO thankful for the temple, for my testimony and that the older I get the stronger it grows and nothing is more important than cultivating that and building a strong foundation for our children to grow on and to always have. 

9. Thankful for inspiring quotes you know I love them .....but I love ones that jump out at you and hit you at the right time .....this one especially hit me....

" Sometimes in life we think, “Well, when the kids are older . . .” or “When we move over there . . .” or “When this part is behind us . . .” or “When I get a new assignment . . .” or whatever it is. I think the important thing is really — especially as younger people — use the time you have now to create wonderful memories in your marriage and in your family. You will never lose them and they will be a foundation of strength throughout your life.
 -Dieter F Uchtdorf
LOVE THIS 

10.  Thankful for new days everyday........... to start over 
some days we all need a do over, 
some days we wish we could crawl back into bed ten minutes after we get up...and some days we feel like failures
 and some days we wonder if we're doing anything right at all. 
Some days we feel like we're losing a battle before it even starts. 
Some days we feel like deju vu rules day after day that nothing sinks in! 
But then there are those days when little glimpse of the big people these little people will one day be and they come shining through in the littlist of ways sometimes and its in those days that I realize 
the little things matter, 
the kind words, the life lessons
the traditions .... the memory deposits,
the scripture reading, the taken opportunities to teach,
 the long prayers the speeches, the answers to questions are getting through. 
The glimpses make it all worth it that we do matter that its in the trying and starting over and making mistakes and not being perfect at everything that help shape those glimpses into reality. We aren't perfect we're human and were all trying and as long as we are always trying 
there is a new day.  

“Children need to know and feel they are loved, wanted, and appreciated. They
need to be assured of that often…. and most often the mother can do it best.”
President Eyring

Thankful for the Christmas Season cause its my favorite time of the YEAR:) 


Have a grateful DAY and even better weekend:)

WHAT is your favorite thing your looking forward to this CHRISTMAS? Favorite new Christmas SONG? RECIPE? PRODUCT? Whats New and Exciting:) 

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Looking forward to being home for another Christmas. I love staying at home now and creating our own traditions with our kids and carrying on some from when we were younger. My favourite new Christmas thing is the new tree topper I made for our tree this year. It's a Super Mario star for our geeky family and I absolutely love it!

Amanda said...

I just love you Christal! You are so amazing! It's been a while since I've been able to drop by and catch up, but every time I do I am amazed with what a wonderful woman you are!