Monday, January 25, 2016

{WOW. 2016. Me Thinks....}


Every great accomplishment in the world happened because someone decided not to give up. Every inspiring story starts with someone who decided to do something and kept going....found via emmasdesignblogg:




"Every great accomplishment in the world happened because someone decided not to give up. Every inspiring story starts with someone who decided to do something and kept going."


It would be nice to blog about roses and rainbows well not rainbows anymore but you get it;) all the time but that's not real life. I have had a crazy month I worked quite a bit subbing to the point where I felt like I couldn't keep up with the things that matter most to me. my family. A simple snack ready for the kids after school means a lot to them, I suppose when you do one thing more other things fall to the bottom of the list or I can't expect perfection. So good lessons but I know where I need to be and what makes me feel fulfilled. The good thing about subbing you do what you can handle right... I enjoy getting out and making money too so its all good just extra busy. Came in handy for after Christmas depression;) ha ha. Its all good.
Besides lots of basketball and piano and cubs and being released from Young Women after 2.5 years. I am now the enrichment leader so that's new and I have great people on our committee so it'll be good nothing lasts forever and there's something to learn from each new thing we do.
 A busy husband and growing kids that's life:)
Joys, laughter tears & mistakes 
and brushing ourselves off each day we just keep going:) 
Everyday is a new day!
 --------------------------------------------------------

Then on the tenth I turned 40! It was just another mom birthday but seriously the older I get the more I realize we don't change much inside. 
So a few thoughts on turning 40:

-first how the heck can I be 40...
-We still feel 20 :) inside no matter how old we get.
-Each day the world around us changes. our circumstances change. life moves on.
 -Family grows up gets older.
-Time continues on no matter how we try to bottle it or stop it.
-That's life. 
- I am so very thankful for the 40 years I've had. I have three great families, the best husband for me and Four amazing kids.
-I have great friends who love me for me and know me better than most and the older I get I suppose that's a big one is finding those that bring you up.... think like you and no drama no time for that...
-I realize the older I get how blessed I am to KNOW to know the Gospel of Jesus Christ to have it restored to this earth at this time in its fullness carries me through and is the foundation of my life and all that matters. I know HE lives. I know HE died for us. I know HE sees what is going on down here. I know its only a matter of time before HE comes again and that WE better all shape up.
 -I have been blessed to be born here now and with all that I know and have. That is the biggest blessing I suppose.
-I can't complain I know what is important.
-I am a daughter, a sister, a WIFE, a MOTHER, an aunt and I am a child of God and ain't nobody going to take that from me.
-BECAUSE I know what is important and hopefully in my next 40 years that will only burn deeper.


 M E  T H I N K S
Speaking of what is important............ and I may sound like a crazy person but times up on the earth its burn time..its stand up time....the world is losing more common sense by the minute.... WE in Alberta as many in the states are going through the blatant disregard for families, gender and general safety of our Children and our rights as parents having say in our children's lives.  They are our Children and no government is going to tell me how to raise them or take my rights away. We worked to dang hard to be PARENTS. I AM a MOM. {a mother bear at this point in the game} and that's what I am my CHILDREN have a mother and a father and they are just that children.  But those rights are being threatened and its time to stand up for our FREEDOM.... our RIGHTS..... our RELIGION ......our FREEDOM of speech all over again!  The time for thinking oh this won't happen here. The time for thinking this will pass has come and gone its real its right now its HAPPENING !!

READ here on what is the issue: with links to the document and broken down for its complete flaws and disregard for the majority of society. {its not about the bathroom issue its for the safety of ALL children and its about the rights of parents and the right to be called he/she mother/father I am not a caregiver I am a Mother!! 

THIS IS FROM A GIRL WHO WORKS WITH THE UN

..her name is protected but these are her words............ this is an important issue and I wanted to share something. I do pro-family policy work at the United Nations and there is a calculated attack and game plan against parental rights, freedom of religion/cultural belief, and motherhood and fatherhood. The ones running the show work non-stop to ensure that all countries conform with the support of heavily funded and calculated groups like Planned Parenthood, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the Clinton Foundation (to name only a few). The underlying ideology in the framework is to sexualize all children from birth (yes, you read that correctly) and to ensure that all variant forms of sexual expression are accepted in full and without restraint by all. Complete sexual freedom for all without discrimination, despite medical, mental, emotional and physical health concerns and risks. (i.e. the suicide rate for transgender and gender variant people is 20% higher than normal and the vast majority of kids who think they are gender confused grow out of it once they hit puberty). There was a transgender panel last year at the Commission on the Status of Women that would have made you fall off your chair. The demands and aggressive nature of their game plan are astounding. They were cold and calculated and frankly, mean and aggressive. They have a well laid out strategy via the LGBT lobbying machine. They said that there are three ways they work to win in creating full compliance and acceptance of the trans/gender queer ideologies in society: 1) remove parental rights in schools and separate children from parents emotionally and ideologically; 2) remove religious freedom and freedom of speech and conscience by codifying feelings into law and using non-discrimination and bullying policies (SOGI ordinances) thus creating a chilling effect for any disagreement for lifestyle or behaviour ... even destructive behaviour; and 3) use the school systems to indoctrinate children beginning at kindergarten to ensure these ideologies are integrated young ---creating a fully pro LGBT and conforming society in only one generation. Parental rights must be fought for and cannot be taken away. Read the policy language carefully, with a fine tooth comb and with complete suspicion. Do not get lulled into believing for one minute this is to protect the maybe one gender confused child in your school.

It is a calculated plan to open the floodgates for many, many other things. It comes from conventions like the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women and the ECOSOC (Economic and Social Development) arm of the U.N. I am heading back to UN headquarters next week to monitor and report on these policies. I have found that the only thing stronger than these mandates are the mothers and fathers---the unified voices of parents who stand up and say no. Find unique and clever ways to fight this. Think outside the box in outsmarting them at their own game. Don't give up! I have seen miracles take place in the halls of the U.N. when good people stand and use their voices. You would be surprised at how intimidating a massive group of powerful mothers and fathers are to those leading these agendas and yes even to the Alberta Board of Education! They are hoping the parents give in and get weary. Don't give up and be persistent and insistent that parental rights be restored (and not revised and diminished) in this policy. Keep working to get revisions and caveats and disclaimers written into this. Don't give up and don't take no for an answer (even if you hear it many times). Lobby that board of education until they have to include parental rights and input

  
AS well as this by another:

............."It may be hard for some to come to terms with the scope and magnitude of this purely evil agenda that we are dealing with but all of these facts are part of the carefully laid plan that is Agenda21. Which by the UN's own wording is a “comprehensive plan of action to be taken globally, nationally and locally by organizations of the United Nations system, governments and major groups, in EVERY AREA in which human impacts on the environment.” This agenda goes so far beyond parental rights. It is designed to bring us into total submission under a One World government. You may have heard of it as the New World Order. Depopulation of the world is their goal and they orchestrate their plan under the guise of environmentalism. I realize this is a bit much to digest but it's important that people get the big picture so that they truly understand why it is so crucial and important to protect their parental rights as well as all personal freedoms and liberties. We do need to stay focused and direct our energies to the most pressing issue at hand which is parental rights and family values being stripped from us systematically."

 .......and one of  the most perfect articles written about our disgusting and disturbing society and the level of mental illness running governments and the world really....GO HERE  I don't always agree with what he writes but this is spot on!

 Call me crazy go ahead because really this is exactly the stuff I called my DAD crazy for, for preaching at us all growing up and now 25 years later turns out he's right imagine that eh!!! So I'm standing up!!! I'm not putting my head in the sand and pretending its all going to work itself out because it isn't and unless we stand up and proclaim and defend the very foundation of our society THE FAMILY....... its being disintegrated everyday but if we don't do something there isn't much left for us when that happens.....this DOCUMENT means more now then it EVER DID.... AND THIS IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR:


The Family

A Proclamation to the World

We, the First Presidency and the Council of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, solemnly proclaim that marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God and that the family is central to the Creator’s plan for the eternal destiny of His children.
All human beings—male and female—are created in the image of God. Each is a beloved spirit son or daughter of heavenly parents, and, as such, each has a divine nature and destiny. Gender is an essential characteristic of individual premortal, mortal, and eternal identity and purpose.
In the premortal realm, spirit sons and daughters knew and worshipped God as their Eternal Father and accepted His plan by which His children could obtain a physical body and gain earthly experience to progress toward perfection and ultimately realize their divine destiny as heirs of eternal life. The divine plan of happiness enables family relationships to be perpetuated beyond the grave. Sacred ordinances and covenants available in holy temples make it possible for individuals to return to the presence of God and for families to be united eternally.
The first commandment that God gave to Adam and Eve pertained to their potential for parenthood as husband and wife. We declare that God’s commandment for His children to multiply and replenish the earth remains in force. We further declare that God has commanded that the sacred powers of procreation are to be employed only between man and woman, lawfully wedded as husband and wife.
We declare the means by which mortal life is created to be divinely appointed. We affirm the sanctity of life and of its importance in God’s eternal plan.
Husband and wife have a solemn responsibility to love and care for each other and for their children. “Children are an heritage of the Lord” (Psalm 127:3). Parents have a sacred duty to rear their children in love and righteousness, to provide for their physical and spiritual needs, and to teach them to love and serve one another, observe the commandments of God, and be law-abiding citizens wherever they live. Husbands and wives—mothers and fathers—will be held accountable before God for the discharge of these obligations.
The family is ordained of God. Marriage between man and woman is essential to His eternal plan. Children are entitled to birth within the bonds of matrimony, and to be reared by a father and a mother who honor marital vows with complete fidelity. Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities. By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families. Mothers are primarily responsible for the nurture of their children. In these sacred responsibilities, fathers and mothers are obligated to help one another as equal partners. Disability, death, or other circumstances may necessitate individual adaptation. Extended families should lend support when needed.
We warn that individuals who violate covenants of chastity, who abuse spouse or offspring, or who fail to fulfill family responsibilities will one day stand accountable before God. Further, we warn that the disintegration of the family will bring upon individuals, communities, and nations the calamities foretold by ancient and modern prophets.
We call upon responsible citizens and officers of government everywhere to promote those measures designed to maintain and strengthen the family as the fundamental unit of society.
-----------------------------------------------------
 Never truer ...never more important than now.... who knew over 20 years ago how important how needed and how foretelling this document would be. We as a society are under attack on every issue in this. It's a blessing to know that in the end evil will not conquer. No matter what the world says or does or tries to legislate it makes no difference. I know who I am. Where I want to be and what side I stand on. I am not confused. I am a daughter, wife, mother, a female, a women, a child of God. These times have been before ....now we live them and now we decide where we stand. But I promise you in the end right will always be right there is sin, there is right and wrong ...,there is male and female, and marriage between a man and women is the only way God intended for families to grow learn and prosper. There are eternal consequences for our actions and there is an end in site. Wickedness never was happiness. I can tighten my ship, put up my sails, and strengthen my foundation!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEXT UP:
BOOK REVIEW

So I got to do another Book Review for Darrel Nelson, a hometown author here on a new novel he just wrote that just came out called 

 27997174

I loved this book! I have read all of Darrel's books and loved each one for different reasons. This book pulled me in from the start it made me guess, kept me captivated and at points made me cry, laugh and get angry. I loved the imagery and how I could feel and sense what was being said or done, like I was there too. The characters were beautifully portrayed, I loved the different perspectives of the characters a little more of a look from both sides. I found myself thinking about what would I do? How would I react? At one point I was angry at the author and thought this can't happen! Then I thought not every story has a perfect ending. But I loved the twists and suspense of this novel too, and how it really made me think about my life choices and how I come across or what I would do in similar situations. In the end all was tied up as it should be. A great read.

So Go get it and read it!! and his other two books
Anniversary Waltz and
The Return of Cassandra Todd
love them all!! Go get em:))
------------------------------------------------
Longest Post over haha
 
But Gotta share things I love too as well as the passionate about and the day to day things lots of basketball practices, games, tournaments and a few things in between. Then the running here and there. 
So yesterday my K and I made homemade pretzels he's been craving them for awhile and begging to make them. It blows my mind that he's 14 already and so few short years left at home.
In the texting cell phone addicted world we live in if we learned to put those things aside more often and for much longer than we do.... we'd all be better off!! {o great another rant for another day;) 
ANYWAY so we tried a new recipe and it was pretty awesome the kids loved them........but really the awesome part was just spending that time together.... doing something together ..... talking laughing and learning:) Love my kids!

world's-greatest-soft-pretzels-2


----------------------------------------
HAVE A GREAT WEEK. ITS THE BLAH MONTHS 
where its cold snowy,  we're tired of winter and of being cold and dreaming of somewhere warm.... Time of year! 

SO any new favorite songs? recipes? sites? scents? ideas? anything I mean after my passionate post today you may not have made it to the end;) 

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Awesome Christal! Love the power of your words. You keep on standing up! Great example to many. Love you!

Anonymous said...

We stand with you on this. Anyone who thinks this is about intolerance towards transgenders isn't listening. -Greg & Bonnie

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

This was great Christal - a bit of everything which I love.
Thank you for leading by example.
We all do our little part by speaking out.
Hopefully we will be heard! (at least I know that God hears us, and he's the one that really counts.)

Nikki said...

I've been very passionate recently as well about some of the things contained in the new guidelines, so I totally get it. The funny things is that not 2 days before they were released, we had prayerfully received the answer that Caleb should be home educated starting in the coming fall. This really reassured me that it is definitely the right answer for him. So lately my days have been spent selecting curriculum tools and making lesson plans. The organizational side of me is LOVING this part. I also just ordered an oil diffuser, which I'm really excited about. I'm borrowing one right now and Caleb and I both love it.