"Happiness does not depend on what happens outside of you but on what
happens inside of you; it is measured by the spirit with which you meet
the problems of life." Harold B. Lee
There will always be problems there will always be opposition and there will always be times of disappointment, tears and discouragement. But I believe that through these times and seasons that's what life is about its what we make it. 100% our attitude on every situation that comes along. We have to do something about it if we don't like it, we have to change it if we don't like it and we need to....
Keep trying
keep trusting
keep believing
keep growing
heaven is cheering you on
today, tomorrow, and forever.
-Jeffrey R. Holland
Loved Loved this conference weekend love the recharge to do better the uplift it gives me and the spiritual fuel it gives me to forge ahead to be a better person mother, wife, friend, daughter, aunt, sister. These are a few of all my titles but I want to do more...... to love more fully more deeply to try harder than before.
It gives me knowledge and faith in the things I already know and that i know without a shadow of a doubt that our savior Jesus Christ died for us that HE lives that he loves us and that we are here to be tested to see what kind of faith, courage and spirit we have in times of trial and unhappiness. I also know and have seen what broken hearts and spirits and attitudes can do to people who have forgotten. I know also that we get what we put into things that we have the capacity to make it what it is, by what we take from it what we allow it to do to our spirits and that is to either come closer or move farther away from what we know is right.
---------------------------------------------------------------
*This and That*
1. My Dishwasher and Washer have been broken for weeks washer is now fixed and it makes me appreciate it all the more. The dishwasher, well the kids are learning to wash dry and put away like the old days;)
2. I got through the winter treadmill running with Nashville Heros and the final season of Downton Abbey can't wait for a little more light in the morning to get out there!
3. Being the bishops wife is pretty lonely sometimes not only home wise we do get used to dad running late or running out. But people generally avoid you more and lately feels a little more than usual not sure why maybe its just me or maybe its cause I don't have a hard calling or something right now. Maybe its just the winter blahs who knows. Sometimes I feel pressure maybe? to have to do something or should have done something, or feeling like somebody thinks I should have done more said more or been there more? Maybe thats weird but its how I feel. I have learned thought that there is a time and season for everything and I'm young "ish" ha ha and have 4 children who need me.....I've also learned that you can never please everyone. I have an amazing husband who spends lots of his time caring, worrying and loving a ward family..... he is a busy, busy man between work and church.....
but I do know we do come first in there:)
but I do know we do come first in there:)
4. Raising children is hard. Hard to know if your doing the right thing hard to know if you should be doing more and hard to know what is worth the fight and what is not.
I have amazing children strong personalities all of them and I kinda have one too;) So some days its knowing when to put your foot down and some days its realizing that those toddler little kid days were the easy ones:) I love my teenager he's fun helpful kind ...slightly teenager "ish" some days.......... its more my pre teen drama queen that gives me a run for my money these days! LOVE THESE FOUR!! and these smiles seriously!
5. SO excited to get away as a family to ST. George again we seriously love it down there so much to do. We love hiking and outdoorsy stuff feeling the sun, riding the water, playing in the dunes, seeing cousins.... so its kinda perfect for us the kids love it we love it and that's where were headed again:) There have been so tragic losses of life in our community lately and we decided that we needed to strengthen our family unit take time to cultivate it and grow together and you start thinking when your oldest technically has 4 years left at home its crazy how fast time goes and you just never know day to day!

6. We Finally decided that next year for our 20th!! {seriously are we that old?? how did that happen????} Wedding anniversary we are going on our Europe Trip!!!! I've worked hard raising money for it and am ready to get away but on a well planned out one and cannot wait!!!
7. Its almost been a year since we moved out here getting excited for some landscaping, building projects so much to do to make this place our own. But we love it and are excited for what it can be. I love watching the kids run explore the lake, collect golf balls or go golfing shot some gophers or just being outside.... they grow up so fast and I hope they remember all the fun memories they are making out here together:)
8. K has grown 3 inches since December he is 1/2 and inch off being taller than dad and he is growing so fast I can't keep up with shoes and pants and attitude;) I think I'll call him stretch.
9. D's parents returned home from their Mission to the Tacoma Washington mission its been so good to have them back. We have loved hearing their stories and seeing their love of the people they have served over the past year.
Our children are also loving being back at grandmas house with cousins and G & G.
10. Can't believe that this school year is also winding down last three months! M has had such a great year he has a great teacher who loves him and calls him a delight he loves people and doesn't see the disabilities of others he is a leader in his class and an example of loving everyone and I love hearing that!! L has had another fun learning year full of ups & downs and overcoming lessons but she is such a great girl has a deep testimony and knows what matters proud of her! K2 would stay home everyday if I let him though he loves his teacher {even invited her on our family vacation haha} he's loving to read but is such a quiet homebody that its hard to get him moving some mornings! Overall each child has had a year of learning limits stretching themselves & are learning to overcome friend issues and develop healthy study habits all important stuff!
AND I am here keeping it all together I sub once in awhile I really love the library and the cute preschools but have found that I too love being home when my littles get home to hear about their day make a snack and be that calm in the storm. When I get to busy I don't feel like I can keep up with what is most important....my children.... and because I can be. Home its where I love to be....
-----------------------------------------------------------
To try:)
.....and a recipe have you tried cloud bread if you are gluten free or type 1 diabetes, a carb watcher ...whatever its a life changer I had a sandwich this past week!!! its been like 3 years since I have and it was heavenly!! try this recipe:) found here
AND I am here keeping it all together I sub once in awhile I really love the library and the cute preschools but have found that I too love being home when my littles get home to hear about their day make a snack and be that calm in the storm. When I get to busy I don't feel like I can keep up with what is most important....my children.... and because I can be. Home its where I love to be....
-----------------------------------------------------------
To try:)
.....and a recipe have you tried cloud bread if you are gluten free or type 1 diabetes, a carb watcher ...whatever its a life changer I had a sandwich this past week!!! its been like 3 years since I have and it was heavenly!! try this recipe:) found here
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does anybody read anymore? It gets harder and harder to blog just time wise and being so busy.... but I love to keep it kinda like a journal or favorite things whichever but I love writing and getting things out though lately there is SO much happening everywhere its crazy no common sense stuff that I can't even believe is happening everywhere.
But I want to keep this a happy place a sharing place and a thankful place of all things good. real life. real thoughts. real stuff.
So what is your favorite thing right now? or a recipe to share? or what your looking forward to? or have a question, tip or idea for me??
Have a great week! Find your Happy:)


4 comments:
Yay!!!! So happy for you that you get to go to Europe finally! Too bad I won't be there to hang out with you... you could reconsider and come to Pennsylvania instead? Ha! But yeah, I bet it will be the best planned-out trip to Europe ever--you've been planning it for like 10 years now, right?
I'm in the same boat--freaking out that in FOUR SHORT years a kid will be leaving and our family will be different forever! HOW?! I try not to dwell on it or I freak out a bit. ;)
I am still blogging, mostly because I am horrible at keeping a paper journal, so this is the best it's going to get, ha ha. I'm so excited for you that you are finally taking your Europe trip. It's well deserved by both of you! As for what I am looking forward to, that would be having all 3 boys schooling at home in the fall. I have been very busy the past few weeks getting all of my paperwork in order and planning out next year, and it makes me very excited to be able to do this with the boys. Sending Ty to school this morning was very hard for both of us, so I reminded him when he got home that he only has to do that 56 more times, ha ha. I have been loving having warmer weather and I'm really looking forward to a good rain to help freshen everything up!
I'm still blogging too.....although for a time, I just couldn't seem to catch up. I'm doing something a little different now, which is working. I just copy and paste my weekly family letter to my kids there. It works. I enjoy having a record of our lives somewhere along with all the pictures.
Cloud bread.....yum!! We love it too. Glad you are able to find something that works for your health needs.
Also just have to say it's hard to believe how quickly your kids have seem to grown up over the blogging years. Faster than my kids grew up it seems. lol. Words of warning.....once they leave home....time will fly by even faster.....and you will get even busier. I chuckled when you said that it was easy when they were little. Yup. Your kids are sure cute though!
Happy Spring Christal! Still love readying your blog. :)
HELLO THERE…
Something I'm really enjoying lately is apples. I have no idea why. There's just something about a crunchy apple…
So excited for your fam to go to St. George together!
Since Tyler and I went last year, I'm pretty much dreaming about the next time we can go. OH, and you know, the possibility of us maybe buying a place down there eventually?! Ha.!
Always love your thoughts…they seem to echo mine!
Post a Comment