Sometimes there are times in life where things happen that require us to grow and stretch and do things we don't want to or never thought of. Things that require us to take a deep breath and sometimes wonder how to wake up the next day and pretend all is normal. I can only assume that, as I've never had earth shattering news or devastating news that rocked me. But I watch others go through things that I never think I would be able to handle and I watch them grow and fall and grow again some fall to the side and let it destroy them. While others rise above and become great examples to the rest of us. They become the pillars, the refiners fire has happened to them and it shines from them they are so much stronger for something that should have knocked them down. Instead its those that rise above those that take what happens, what is given and do with it what the Father intended to strengthen, test and in return opportunities for us all to serve others more.
{"So much in life depends on our attitude. The way we choose to see things and respond to others makes all the difference."} -President Thomas S. Monson
To think of more than just ourselves to reach out, to judge less and to put ourselves in others shoes. We all make mistakes some small, some big some life changing and heartbreaking...... we all need the atonement we all need forgiveness, repentance and a big hug sometimes no matter what. We all hurt, have been hurt and are hurting. Life isn't fair never was and nobody said it was supposed to be we are here for growth, for learning for the test to see if we pass. To see if we rise up, to see if we grow or shrink in our trials. No matter what..... growth does happen..... sometimes it molds us into different people, we all go through things that shape our futures. We all have free agency to choose but when it comes right down to it, I hope we all chose the harder right instead of the easier wrong. Because I know for a fact more growth, more life and much more happiness is there when we do. Reach out see others needs, help each other we are all fighting the same earthly battle to be tested and tried and some just seem to have that trial a little more than others.
BUT a sure way to be bitter and not rise above :
{3 ways to fail at everything in life.}
1. Blame all your problems on others.
2. Complain about everything.
3. Not be grateful.}
No matter what, there is always something to be grateful for, something to be learned from every situation good and bad and taking ownership of our own life and choices.

--------------------------------------------------------
Its been a busy month around here M's big 10th birthday, & sports days, piano recitals, track and field soccer and spring league and so much in between....
Making memories together and on our last month of school I can hardly believe another year is done I will have 2 JR HIGH kids! and 2 Elementary kids insane! Crazy to think about
I can not. handle. how. fast. time. is. going. please please slow down!
I'd take my littles eternally their problems are so much easier late nights bottles feedings, tantrums those are the days to really, really cherish. I know that sounds silly and stupid and I really never listened to anybody who told me that, that it just gets harder and the problems bigger and more life changing than diapers tantrums and late nights.
I'd take that again in a heartbeat. I love my olders but its harder everyday is a gamble emotions and growing up are just hard things for all of us.
{This new song on my blog describes perfectly my feelings about my babies....}
...Just slow down babies. It's all to fast....
I truly am your biggest fan children...... just slow down...
and a year since we moved into this house already....
{photo credit rhonda steed photography these were taken the morning of moving into this house:)

My mothers Day present we got kayaks two of them living by a lake its a must right:) {excuse the ghotto in the back our home is a work in progress not that thats our house haha I mean the 2 acres around it;)
My big M had his 10th birthday!!! and he couldn't be more excited to be 10 my cute cute boy just keeps getting cuter he's always been adorable, sweet & exasperating all at the same time my wild and independent boy I can't wait to see where it takes him in life! love this wild man:)
L's piano recital was awesome she did great! Sure love miss sassy pants can't believe she will be in Jr. high nooooo! can't be!
how we both feel about jr. high in the fall!! ahhh
Some sports day fun long jumping love this boys love of life and excitement he is contagious and so full of love and life can't imagine life without him in it he is a complete joy!
| this boy. this smile. |
Some track and field for K and a trip to divisionals its been a learning year for this boy grade 8 wasn't the best:( is any of Jr. high though? Learning where you fit in, who your real friends are, girls... and all the choices and emotions and growth that goes with it makes for typical teenager life {I hear} good boy..... but I wish we could make life easier for all our kids don't we all. We teach, train and pray and they have the agency to make their choices and learn from them no matter how big or small that's how we learn and grow.
Sunday fun playing, exploring and spending time together sometimes thats a rarity with D's big jobs and time consuming demands on him we sure love the time we do get.... some of my favorite times are when we just go and get away together and remember who we all are as a family, together.
My bow boy who loves all things boy
and my early morning sanity and sunrises. much needed...
--------------------------------------------------------------
How about an awesome recipe...... keepers we call them around here:) The kind everybody loves. I have a love for brownies and ice cream once or twice a year and I put up with the stomach ache these were perfect :)
-----------------------------------------------------
Something to think about.
"Every life has peaks and shadows and times when it seems that the birds
don’t sing and bells don’t ring. Yet in spite of discouragement and
adversity, those who are happiest seem
to have a way of learning from difficult times, becoming stronger,
wiser, and happier as a result." -Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin
Have a beautiful week. Chose to make it a good one:)
Have a beautiful week. Chose to make it a good one:)


1 comment:
I love that you got kayaks!
Great gift idea :)
That picture of you and D is so cute. I love love!
Post a Comment