{this pic is from my run yesterday love love all the colors}
My life over the past month has been insane ha ha so is everyone's right, so much happened, so much is happening. Its never ending but gives life the joy and ups and downs that helps us grow right. Well its been almost a month since my last post. We've had learning pains, stupid choices pains.... parenting pains and aches and disappointments.
We've had swim days. marathon days, the flu, a trip to Florida for D, last days, tests & finals. Orientation, softball, & volleyball camps, last days of soccer. Field trips & hiking days. We've had our regular july conference in SLC {moved to june} our seminar trip was in this chaos too the worst possible week of the entire year pretty much but it was alright.
I really do have great friends to watch the kids and neighbors to keep an eye on them. We are blessed with good friends who know and understand us:)
But probably biggest change of all has been the chance to serve someone else. I've honestly felt the blessings of being able to help someone else and to think of another someone in the house for the summer.
The smolder crew:)
{he is my cousin and works for D on the ranch but he got in an quad accident as much as he probably hates the situation.... we honestly are just happy to help out but we secretly probably drive him crazy cause we are slightly crazy ha ha}Being able to help has made me see all the things I do on a daily basis as a mother and person. I spend a lot of time in the kitchen ha ha and doing laundry. I've seen how much running around I do for the kids, how calm I have to be;) ha ha and often how spoiled my kids are if they think I won't do anything if someone is here silly kids...... mom wins;). Sometimes I've felt like my children have no manners and space/ bubble issues seriously I do try to teach them. But most of all I hope my kids see that helping someone who needs a hand is a good thing and that will only make them better more compassionate people, I hope. We kinda roll with things here and in the end its a good thing for all, its fun getting to know someone else and having him join our family and the example he is to our kids will go a long way ...he's a good help to us too, in my poor parenting skills;) he makes up the difference..... they listen to him. Go figure.
The smolder crew:)
{he is my cousin and works for D on the ranch but he got in an quad accident as much as he probably hates the situation.... we honestly are just happy to help out but we secretly probably drive him crazy cause we are slightly crazy ha ha}Being able to help has made me see all the things I do on a daily basis as a mother and person. I spend a lot of time in the kitchen ha ha and doing laundry. I've seen how much running around I do for the kids, how calm I have to be;) ha ha and often how spoiled my kids are if they think I won't do anything if someone is here silly kids...... mom wins;). Sometimes I've felt like my children have no manners and space/ bubble issues seriously I do try to teach them. But most of all I hope my kids see that helping someone who needs a hand is a good thing and that will only make them better more compassionate people, I hope. We kinda roll with things here and in the end its a good thing for all, its fun getting to know someone else and having him join our family and the example he is to our kids will go a long way ...he's a good help to us too, in my poor parenting skills;) he makes up the difference..... they listen to him. Go figure.
Didn't get many SLC pics this time, mostly because the funnest thing was going to the LDS motion picture studio, but no social media sharing aloud so no pics but it was a fun excursion. We also got to listen to Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson speak to us at a luncheon and also this month we had the pleasure of hearing President Russell M. Nelson and shaking his hand.... pretty incredible people.
Speaking of incredible people heres my incredibles ....
Last day of Grade 1/ Grade 4/ Grade 6 and Grade 8!! They grew a ton both in character and statue........ it wasn't an easy year for any of us but we made it and I can hardly believe the time went by SO fast!
{This is about to get serious ain't that true ha ha} summer and I have a love /hate relationship..... routine out the window! ahhhh
the cuteness.......oh this happy boy makes me happy everyday
Jr high for this one so not ready her or I:( But she will kill it because she is going to whether she or I are ready or not..... and that smile....... one name of a boy and I got the most genuine smile of the bunch;)
Waterton and friends {pic by Rhonda Steed}
picture from our montana hike perfection| School marathon day two kids were sick but K2 and I ran the whole way he was SO excited :) |
| a hike to montana it was a bit of heaven in my chaos |
and seriously how about this magical picture created {by Rhonda Steed photography }I am so,so thankful for the great friends my children and I have and the unplugged summer fun they get to participate in:) we really are blessed and these are summer memories worth remembering
long hot dirty days ahead:)
ps M is the dragon:) K2 is in yellow and blue stripes
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Thought
Something to think about one of my favorite quotes from D's work seminar this past week that I loved was this:
“I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive
element. It is my personal approach that creates the climate. It is my
daily mood that makes the weather. I possess tremendous power to make
life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of
inspiration, I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal. In all situations,
it is my response that decides whether a crisis is escalated or
de-escalated, and a person is humanized or de-humanized. If we treat
people as they are, we make them worse. If we treat people as they ought
to be, we help them become what they are capable of becoming.”
― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Such truth we make all the difference we create our atmosphere
I 'm learning that more and more as time goes by perspective is everything how my home feels is up to me we all have such great potential for good and bad I hope we learn to choose the good more often than not.
Have a great day and Summer:)
WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS SUMMER? OR what is a favorite thing right now:))


4 comments:
Here's to you and your family having a more relaxed summer, Christal! ;) Happy Canada Day weekend! We will be in our home town this weekend celebrating also. Family.....it's awesome, eh? Love ya'
I loved reading this post and I'm looking forward to seeing you tomorrow! It's been too long! Your kids are so loveable and it's great they are seeing you serve in this way. It's not every day you get that chance!! You are an inspiration Christal. :) Love ya!
I have been looking forward to summer for months because it marks all of the kids now doing home schooling, which we are very excited about. Also, Ty has his dental surgery next month and we're really looking forward to that being done and over with. My favourite thing right now is getting to sleep in on weekdays, which John is pretty jealous of. Loved seeing the pics of the kids. The battle one with M and K2 looks so awesome and fun!
I loved reading this post and I'm looking forward to seeing you tomorrow
tshirthell,Redbubble coupon code,spreadshirt review,threadless uk,Teepublic,Teefury review,80stees
Post a Comment