Thursday, June 17, 2010

{Thankful Thursday.....}



Since the rains are still coming down, the rivers are flooding, the roads are washing out, the puddles are deep and we the people are sick of this WEATHER. I guess I'll blog.
{{**BUT as a sidenote  PUDDLE BUSTING SURE IS FUN!! }}
I am thankful for alot
But this weekend is fathers day and I am thankful for the men in my life {my three little men 2}
 I have a beyond great husband

he is an awesome father to our four kids 
he teaches them to work, he plays with them, takes them with him to the ranch, he spends quality time with each one, the kids love their dad  and any time spent with him is a great day, whether he is teasing, tickling, kicking a ball around or riding horses, reading a chapter book at bedtime when he goes to tuck them in.  Whatever it may be....
He sets an example for them each day in all that he does there is no happier moment for me then to hear my boys say 
"I want to be just like Dad when I grow up!!" 
Big shoes to fill but every year they fill them up a little more watching, playing, working, praying.... side by side with D.
SO
HAPPY FATHERS DAY 
TO ALL THE MEN IN MY LIFE!!
My  D
my father 
and my father in law 

Each one has so many good points and have taught me so much in their examples. I am a blessed girl.
I am who I am good or bad because of my father.

He cares deeply about his kids 
He has seen alot, suffered alot and grown alot over the years
he is 100% norwegian!
He has a love for the gospel and has always taught to prepare and do what is right.
He loves the water it calls his name the ocean is apart of him just as his arm is and I love that.
He has a twinkle in his eye when he teases his kids and grandkids.
He is passionate and will let you know about a lot of things.
Believe me we've had some good arguments...
But overall he's a pretty good dad with lots of good qualities 
he raised six good kids a few more like him than not ha ha, he works hard and long on all that he does 
and I love him. Thanks Dad for all you do for me & D and our four.
--------------------------
I am who I am from the things I've learned over the years from my father in law

  too
I remember going to D's parents house when we were dating and feeling the love everyone had for each other, and seeing the way things were done and just the feeling in the house made me want to be apart of that, have a home like that and to
be forever apart of something so spiritual that it was a tangible feeling as soon as you walked into the house. YOU could feel it.
I remember praying D would ask me to marry him so I could always have that feeling and have a man that if he was half the calibar as his father I would be a lucky wife and that I am. 

I love my father in laws
quiet manner and his humor 
I love his thoughtful calls
I love his testimony and steadfastness in the Gospel and his love for D's mom they are the most amazing couple together and apart we love and look up to both of them so much.
He loves each on of his in laws kids and grandkids.
I love that he always says "well a guy should really...whatever it is ! 
That phrase will forever remind me of him. It makes me laugh.
I love that he gives the best hugs that with so many people in the family you still feel loved and valued and understood all in one simple hug.
I love that he gave me a husband with so many of his same qualities and taught him through his example his dedication to hard work, to  fullfilling one's calling to his best effort and ability..
A man who like his father will stop and help whoever needs help. Who is always there to talk and do what is needed anytime.
A Men of intergrity, honesty and love no matter what.
Men who honor the priesthood they bare and mantals they wear.
All Examples of what a man should be. What a father should be.
------------------------------------------------
"God made fathers
Strong and firm,
For he knew our lives
Would have great concerns.

So he gave us fathers
To teach us to pray,
And guide our lives,
And show us the way. "
Mary Frances Bogle
-----------------------------------------------
Some fathers day ideas for all over
Here for how to



---------------------------------------------------
This may have nothing to do with this post but I found it and love it maybe it works maybe it doesn't just something to think about otherwise!

There's one sad truth in life I've found
While journeying east and west -
The only folks we really wound
Are those we love the best.
We flatter those we scarcely know,
We please the fleeting guest,
And deal full many a thoughtless blow
To those who love us best.

~Ella Wheeler Wilcox

fix whats broken 
mend what needs repaired.

and MAKE it a good fathers Day and weekend.
No matter where you stand.

HaVE A GrEaT WeEkEnD!!

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Beautiful tributes Christal!!!

I am sure you've probably already seen this......but just in case:

http://www.youtube.com/mormonmessages#p/a/AF19F9A40E87ED75/1/MUXrGUT9k5A

Katelyn said...

You are so good with words. You described my dad better than I could! You do have great men in your life and they gain a lot of strength and encouragement from YOU. Love ya!

DJ said...

Great Tributes!
Dad looks like Uncle Rico. "something billowy is nice" haha....
I'll have to check out those Fathers Day websites sometime today. Thanks for posting ideas! Love the cupcake one. I might have to make that for our family dinner in kalispell this wknd. We'll see!
It was fun watching your kiddies yesterday. They're cute! I LOVE them!!

The Lowry's said...

What a beautiful tribute. I know what you mean about the feeling of a family. It was the same when Jeff and I were dating. When we would go to Jeff's house I wanted to be married to him because I wanted to be part of what his family had. The love they shared, the closeness. It actually played a big part of why it was so much easier to 'wait' for Jeff while he was on his mission. You have such a way with words. Just love reading your blog.