Friday, April 8, 2011

{Thankful..}

Thanks Rebecca ..I love this quote you could change happy for thankful and get the same result its the simple things that make up life and make me so thankful everyday for my simple life....and the lasting impact they make each day....
I loved General Conference last weekend it lifts me and helps me work harder for the goals we have together and individually....Probably the best paragraph of all to me during conference was: This talk by Elder Lynn G Robbins the rest is found here
"A sweet and obedient child will enroll a father or mother only in Parenting 101. If you are blessed with a child who tests your patience to the nth degree, you will be enrolled in Parenting 505. Rather than wonder what you might have done wrong in the premortal life to be so deserving, you might consider the more challenging child a blessing and opportunity to become more godlike yourself. With which child will your patience, long-suffering, and other Christlike virtues most likely be tested, developed, and refined? Could it be possible that you need this child as much as this child needs you?
We have all heard the advice to condemn the sin and not the sinner. Likewise, when our children misbehave, we must be careful not to say things that would cause them to believe that what they did wrong is who they are. “Never let failure progress from an action to an identity,” with its attendant labels like “stupid,” “slow,” “lazy,” or “clumsy.” 2 Our children are God’s children. That is their true identity and potential. His very plan is to help His children overcome mistakes and misdeeds and to progress to become as He is. Disappointing behavior, therefore, should be considered as something temporary, not permanent—an act, not an identity."
{by far the most impacting to me...... the resolve to BE a better parent, person and mother}

 And these evil evil cinnamon rolls are by far the BEST recipe I have ever made and the most sinful too....found here of course mine don't have coffee in them but they are to die for!!
how perfect are these pictures....so love this boy and am so thankful for the minute he entered our lives...as with all my kids....
and everyday I am thankful for such a hard working, happy, playful husband and father who loves us all...couldn't ask for a better one anywhere....I honestly believe I'd still be single if I hadn't found him because I knew what I was looking for and there aren't to many like him :) {excuse our dead looking lots of work to do - back yard;)
simple
------------------------------------------------------------
"Make Today better than Yesterday, and tomorrow better than Today"

6 comments:

whitney said...

His talk was my favorite! As soon as he said parenting 505 I said to Brad, I'm not in parenting 505 I'm doing a masters thesis in it! I like that he said with the crazy kids they don't learn from us, we are here to learn from them. Apparently I have got a lot of learning to do!

Christal said...

Me too Whitney!

Lynn said...

Oh my stars!! Made those cinnamon buns while Dean was on graveyard shift. Be still my heart! You aren't kidding....they are to die for.

Thanks!

Have an awesome weekend!! I'm off to go running now...will have to kill myself doing an extra mile just for those buns. HA ha. But the sunshine sure is refreshing.

Alison said...

I've made those cinnamon rolls and they ARE totally sinful!!! :) So scary about K's dream, I'm sure that was a scary few minutes not being able to get him to snap out of it, thank heavens for priesthood blessings! And so cute of Miss L in her spring concert with those cute little piggy ears and nose. So fun! Lots of fun going on at your house. So glad your snow is melted and your kids and hubby could get outside and PLAY! Fun times!

Holly said...

Def. my favorite talk too!! :) Love your quotes too. And CUTE little peep rice krispy treats! Simple is GOOD!!

Jennie said...

I Loved Conference (as usual)!!!
Thank you so much for the Cinnamon Roll idea. I have been looking for something to make for our scout auction down here! XOXO