Tuesday, June 28, 2011

{10 on Tues}

 source pinterest

1. I should be known as freezie mom because today I gave out more than 20!! Not uncommon for more than 5 kids to be at my front door asking for freezies...must be summer...and i must be too nice 2 ha ha :)

2. My Kids finished school!! and K got a great class and friends for next year for the first time he got who he was really hoping he'd get plus friends a bonus! and L got K's old teacher he just had she should be in for the year of her life! Hopefully he doesn't give as much homework as he did the grade 3's this year now he teaches second graders so hopefully we will ALL survive L's second grade year!!!  {ps I'm NOT on of those moms who looks forward to summer I like routine and so do my kids so I'm excited for the fun things to do this summer but I will be more than happy to send them back for another year lol!!!}
K had a great year he learned more then just school work he learned responsibility accountability, and consequences he grew a foot and got glasses too :)  he is such a great kid I just love him!! 

This girl had a learning year of the social kind seh loved her teacher and she learned how to read to tell the truth and unfortunately that girls are mean and catty sometimes at such a young age its really sad! But over all she did amazing and learned so much about life and choices! Love this spunky girl! She is one of a kind!

3. K and I "ran" in a kid's marathon last Wednesday..... he left me in the dust. but it was fun to do together! I feel old.

4. We drove 14 hours last Thursday and went to my sisters  place in Boise her little girl was getting baptized last Saturday. So we went to the water park had a birthday, baptism and some shopping and then 14 hours home late sunday night talk about a whirlwind and grouchy kids!!! {slightly grouchy mom too nothing like being couped up with a on the move 5 year old ahhh} But it was fun and so good to laugh play games laugh some more and spend time together thanks holl for all love ya!!
my crazy kids at famous dave's BBQ seriously great food, fast and kid friendly to put up with us after 8 hours of traveling lol!
some of the cousins at Kaisley's baptism all under 9! Plus we are missing four! fun times!

Thank goodness for grandma cause K2 hates water for some reason! So we had tons of fun and all got fried!!
5.K is already bored and summer is pretty much 2 days in!! He "ran away" for the first time today after fighting with M...... he packed his backpack for real some clothes, a baggie of carrots, a FORK and some yogurt at least he makes healthy choices haha! I told him I loved him and he left {for 20 minutes} and came back........... watered the garden and trees and filled the pool HA HA! Guess he needed time to think. I asked him where he was going he said grandma's...how he was planning to get there we'll never know. So that was fun! He's much happier now :)

6. I hate dirty sinks, water spots and grime.... when I wash my hands I wash the faucet and sink too then I wash them again...... I sometimes do it in public places too sick I know ;)  
{remember these are random facts of everything or anything I feel like writing ;)

7. These all look so good and healthy love it!! 
My kids love frozen grapes if you haven't tried it do they are so yummy!!!



8. I swear turning 35 my metabolism slowed down is that really possible I've heard about that but really ha ha? i feel so sluggish some days?? Seriously why do we have to grow up????
Why do we feel the same inside but somehow kids that were babies yesterday are in grade 4 or graduating getting married and having babies, my own son is almost as tall as me {I know not hard to beat that} and I've been married almost 15 years somehow I got bumped into the middle aged category along the way..... I still feel young inside??? I guess we always will won't we...... its our bodies that don't get the message!!!!
Life is so unfair isn't it ha ha! Such is life!

9.Summer today is.... half naked kids, pools, bubbles and trampolines, sprinklers under the tramp, building ramps for bikes, spraying each other, sprung tramp springs, and a million kids running around, fights tattling etc etc 
and MY GARDEN for the first time I actually love having garden boxes for the first time I don't mind weeding it and I love watering it each day! I love garden boxes and to see the produce coming wow we did that!!! Yes I'm a little proud of us... Its been awhile since we've had a garden so we started small and D is probably pretty happy to see his wife get excited about the garden after all these years hee hee!
i know pretty good for me eh!!

10. My baby is 2 this Saturday and I can hardly believe it. :(


i love this quote.

Have a great week!!!

9 comments:

Lynn said...

Welcome back!

You are rockin the garden thing! That is awesome to see.

Hilarious how you handled K walking out the door. So funny, but good for you mom.

My brother is (was) just like K2 when it comes to water. He hated it! Would scream and scream at bath time. Tried to run away every Saturday night when it was time for one. My mom had eventually given up and only tried to bath him on Saturday nights before Sunday. lol But he grew out of it. He is showering daily now as a grown man...or so I've been told. ; D

P.S. I AM SO IMPRESSED with your brave 14 hour driving with the kids on your own. I would never have attempted that. Good for you! Amazing.

And you look great with K in your Marathon T's. Good for you guys!!

Carrie said...

I love the big update and all the pictures. And thanks for sharing that quote. I've heard it a million times, but something about reading it today just hit home for me. I love it :)

whitney said...

It was a fun day today, Thanks! Jealous of your garden!

LindsayB said...

i'm pretty sure i'm actually 22. your garden looks so good. mine is struggling following the flood!

The Lowry's said...

Your garden looks so good! That was a fast trip. Jeff complains about going for weekend trips to the lake and its only a 3 hours drive, he thinks its too much back and forth in a weekend. Who did kolten get for grade 4 teacher?

Andy said...

I totally wipe down the taps in public bathrooms too!! I just can't handle the water spots...

What a fun post... almost makes me want to move to Rtown....

Katelyn said...

K running away?? Oh that's a good story to be brought up years down the road! Classic.

s a n s k u :) said...

thanks for your comment on my blog. i e-mailed you the canada day graphics. it's always nice to run into other LDS people in the blogging world. happy canada day tomorrow!

Kell Bell said...

K... I totally love that last quote!!!