Monday, July 18, 2011

{Me Thinks}



This weekend was one I hope I never have to live through myself. Life is so uncertain and you never never know what can happen. 
Never take anything for granted.
Especially your family.
I hope you hug your children closer today
Be kinder, more patient, more understanding
Realize what is important and 
WHAT MATTERS MOST in this life.
It puts the important things in perspective.The petty things that don't matter become silly foolish things
the
 new car, the fancy house, the expensive toys, exotic trips, new clothes will make no lasting impact on your life, 
it is the family, our children and loved ones that will. You take the other things.... they are replaceable. There are some things that aren't and it puts life in perspective faster than anything. I am so grateful to 

We found out saturday morning that D's cousin's beautiful little 2 year old have been killed in a tragic tractor accident. 
 Its heartbreaking, more than sad and horribly untimely. Something no mother or father should ever have to go through . My heart breaks for their entire family. 
So many tears by so many have been shed and continue to be. 
Some people have so many trials in their lives it makes our little ones pale in comparison and makes me so so thankful for everything I have trials and blessings alike.
D and I had a chance to go hug them,  and cry with them last night its so hard to know what to say, but I hope they know how much we love and care about them and have them in our prayers & thoughts and hearts. 
It will be in the following weeks months and days ahead that will be the hardest I only hope that there will be a major outpouring of support, love and help as I'm quite sure there will be and thats when we learn that we are here for..... to help others and learn and grow together and watch the miracle of people coming together to help others.. 
I can't even imagine.
The only ounce of a tiny inkling we have to know that kind of loss is to imagine our own children in that same situation.
Life is so uncertain.
I am so grateful to know that we will live again and 
we will see our loved ones again and we can be
Together forever.


Well, it's hard to say good bye and let go
And it's hard to see it end
When the memories we've just made
May never happen again.
But it's harder for time to ever erase
The together times we've shared.
So, when we're apart remember
All the love we shared together

And for all that love,
Thank the Lord above
Who showed us the way
That we can be together, forever someday
-Michael McLean

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh Christal! My heart aches for D's cousins. I cannot even imagine what pain and emotional roller coaster ride they are on. I am so very grateful for the knowledge that this life is not the end.....but I do know first hand how hard it is to get through the rest of this life without those we love. Missing someone is hard. They will be in my heart and prayers. Thinking of you too. Hugs!! Truly. P.S. What a beautiful picture at the end of this post....I can just picture D's cousin's child being greeted by HIM as they entered back home in His arms.

Holly said...

Christal, my heart goes out to all of you. I can't even imagine. I'm so sorry. We will keep you all in our prayers. I love what Lynn said about the picture. What a comfort taht our Savior must have greeted that sweet child on the other side. wow. now I'm tearing up. Love you!

Carrie said...

I heard about them and my heart breaks even imagining what they are going through. I'm so glad that families can be together forever.
lots of love & prayers from me to you...