BALANCE IS KEY.
getting there is another thing.
1. I often go on a run in the morning in the five o'clock hour {hideous I know but when D leaves early its the only time I get to myself all day its worth it} Anyway this morning I heard roosters crowing {is that even the right word??} aspens rattling in the breeze and silence....... it made me think I want to live out of town so bad where its quiet room to run, room to build my gabled wrap around porch dream house and hear roosters in my back yard...okay that might get annoying fast but I really do love hearing roosters in the morning brings me back to my childhood when we had chickens, a big out of town house and acres and acres of woods and hay land to play in..... maybe someday..... oh I also smelt bacon cooking in the breeze kind of made me gag that early ...... random random ha ha...
2. Sunday night I tucked L into bed and she had said earlier she needed me to tuck her in because she had a secret to tell me...Her secret was this "Can you ever forgive me for being mean to you and not listening" {now I think she was serious... but then I started wondering if it was a line from a movie...because she did stay at grandmas last week and watched a lot of movies....but also how many times have I felt that way growing up towards my mom too what goes around comes around right get used to it some of you are probably saying :)
But it was short lived anyway though I did appreciate her telling me that but today she told me:
" I'm kind of having second thoughts about this thing"...
I said "what thing?"...
she says "living in this family, all these boys "... what??
she comes up with the best lines sometimes
or today walks into the costco freezer and says
"This brings me to the future"
me WHAT??
yah winter.
{like I'm dumb or something for not thinking thats what she was talking about }
She is the queen of random. funny girl.
3. Yesterday my darling little 5 year old and a friend decided it would be a good idea to open the basement window {filled with exercise equipment and a tv} and put the hose in and turn it onto the carpet, elliptical, tv,treadmill, um yeah calm wasn't exactly me. so yeah not a good idea.
Thank you boys. Wet everything. Not a good day. for either of us.
4. SO you know my addiction to prison break right {I just finished it again} loser I know ha ha ..... Anyway there is a part in it that talks about
THE GATEWAY TO CAPTIVITY.... IS NEGATIVITY
and on my run this morning I really thought about that and it is so so true when people are so negative everything around them becomes a big offense trap that eats at them...meaning they take offense at everything no matter what it is...and it really is a captivity issue it will eat away at you because it becomes all you focus on all the negative, it fester in you, makes you angry and masks your ability to see the positive side to things..... I love this quote
“Avoid destructive thinking. Improper negative thoughts sink people. A ship can sail around the world many, many times, but just let enough water get into the ship and it will sink. Just so with the human mind. Let enough negative thoughts or improper thoughts get into the human mind and the person sinks just like a ship.”
5. Yesterday I got two awesome packages in the mail from giveaways I had won...I love good mail days...my favorite time of day when I was at RICKS COLLEGE so long ago was when the mailman came around I love that little white truck :) I love the brown truck 2 he he! I just loved letters and packages I kind of miss letters now with email and all that its nice but i love a good letter...its pretty much a thing of the past isn't it....
6. I always get asked where I shop for clothes and shoes... I admit I'm a big on line shopper {but only for amazing deals and discounted or free shipping and free returns} and I love it when it comes to my door. I rarely shop at the mall besides the odd time to winners or tj/ross target ........ I don't like the same thing everybody else has but I have a deep and abiding love for down east basics {have since they opened back in my ricks days again.... }as you know so sometimes I sacrifice sameness ha ha...
so anyway some of my favorites are:
and remember checking back for deals is the key I never pay for anything full price sometimes it can be 30 bucks more in the stores and 13 bucks on line..
also Charlotte Russe for shoes and spring shoes
and always go to
for coupon codes and free shipping deals always something if you look good enough...
old navy has free returns and lots of stuff that is only sold on line so its never in the stores always some kind of sale going on there I usually can't find anything in the store but I can on line and if you don't like it send it back free you can't lose ;)
6. I made supper last night like an actual cook in the oven supper and we sat at the table together for pretty much the first time this summer..... sad but true........ schedule goes right out the window in summer but I'm a routine kind of girl and miss it! Point of number seven besides that I actually cooked a meal.......is we have some family talk cards its where you pick a question and everybody has a turn to give their answer and we talk about it.. So amazing what the kids can come up with and its pretty fun to see what the questions are going to be. We kind of like it. The kids immediately ask for it when we get started its fun...makes me feel like were building memories and spending quality time together I like that and its fun.
7. Loving that K is starting to cook and wants to know how things are made he made breakfast for everyone on Sunday. eggs are his specialty now only if cleaning up after himself was too :) but I'm not complaining he is growing up so fast ....and I really really enjoy him he is such an amazing kid always has been, couldn't ask for a better son, friend, brother he has a good head on his shoulders he's smart handsome and helpful, he makes good choices and is such a big help to me I really really hope he stays that way forever!
8.Love this..some days feel like this.
howmanydaystillschoolstarts??
9. Can't wait to go camping soon with the kids all of us and yes we are tenters we like trailers too but we love our boat more....
doesn't this picture just look peaceful second thought put four kids in it and an ocd mom yeah your right not so peaceful but fun !!
thank you pinterest I love you...
10. and just because I love health tips and such I like this especially number 2 I don't work in a office but sometimes I should ....to much time wasted some days....
and thats random for you from ME :) ...









1 comment:
So not to rain on the parade, but if you run in the country there are misquitoes the size of small birds and there is gravel. There is nothing worse than a twisted ankle due to gravel. Loved the post. Especially the Keep Calm in this house picture. Pahaha. Totally me right there. And what kind of elliptical do you have? I really want one after using one on our vacation.
Post a Comment