Wednesday, July 6, 2011

{ ten on wednesday??}

....Doesn't go quite as good does it! But time is crazy around here.... like lack of it running from one thing to the next! But thats summer!
1. I miss doing ME THINKS so I need to get it out....
Here goes.
ever thought of that?
We read blogs and we see a perfect life sometimes {obviously not here lol}  real life yes but perfect FAR FROM , where it looks like every thing is just great....perfect, happy and that everything is just like it seems...
Life is far from that for most of us...don't get me wrong I am greatly blest
there are hurts that sometimes no one knows that you suffer alone and through that very few know or any
there are feelings of being  inadequate in whatever area in our lives, 
there are feelings of not being a good enough mother sister, friend 
feelings of loss for things that didn't happen that we wish did
there are misconceptions because of what we look like sometimes its called judging or what we've heard or what we unintentionally assume 

I 've been the new girl many times in my life made new friends and heard "oh I thought you were _______ "
whatever it may be, fill in the blank
rumors, gossip and judging based on what you see and hear, but not what you KNOW or care to get to know the truth or the person....
taking time changes everything.
 I AM MORE THAN WHAT YOU SEE... more than what you label me with, more than what has happened in my life,
and so is each one of us...it doesn't matter if we weigh 110 llbs or 190 whatever...have brown hair, red hair, 10 kids, no kids......
each one of us is more than what we see.....what comes from inside, our actions, or thoughts, our past, our present, our future 
is now what we are doing....  
----------------------------
2. I listened to a song called "if I only had today" by Hilary weeks 
" if there was no tomorrow what would I do differently today"
and I thought of how many little things we do or feel need done where there is only so little time with our children RIGHT NOW
I get frustrated as a mother a lot chasing my 5 year old as he runs away from me in public isn't my idea of fun....  or having to get mad at him and not caring what everyone thinks
CAUSE guess what I know my kids and were you there 10 minutes ago to see what actually happened??
Sometimes I worry so much about how my children will turn out and what makes them tick and why they do this or that, I need to remember that now is what is important stop worrying about what is to come and work on today because before we know it today becomes tomorrow and we never know how many tomorrows we even have....
GET TO KNOW someone for more that what you see or assume you already know....
Anyway my whole point really is sometimes we get down and people think they know who you are all but in actuality they don't...
and never will if they haven't walked in your shoes or your path of life....
if we really understood each other and really got to know others it would become apparent that all walls that we put up would be down....none of us is greater than another.  We'd see that we are all so much alike no matter what it is everyone see's about us....
I get mad occasionaly
pretty sure some of us yell to much for things to get done,
we ask to much sometimes, expect to much
I get impatient to often
 and
want to run away on occasion to see 
if we are appreciated for all we do in a day...
pretty sure  a lot of us feel the same
We are all children of God on the same plane and each of us is more than what we see...... inside is where it counts...
We are more than what you see.

3. We got our first produce from our garden hot radishes the kids wouldn't eat oh well they were pretty ha ha!

4. M loves the horses at grandpa's house I love this picture! SO an example of M....... you tell him not to touch the electric fence cause it will hurt him, what does he do----- he reaches out and touches it because thats what M does....
{unfortunately it wasn't turned up high enough for him to learn a lesson 
and that we do know what we're talking about} 

 5. L got a brand new GIRL bike not a boy hand me down she's had for a couple bikes since her last girl bike! She was in heaven for two days till she got in an accident and hit her brother head on pop her tire and both kids went flying ...then the tears of both did too....
 6. We took the boat out for the first time on K2's birthday I love having a boat the kids do too.


 think they are worn out??
 7. Cutest little 2 year ever. Happy Birthday Babe.

 8. I love good summer recipes especially new ones I want to try this one next .... so if you have an awesome one please share!
Dreamy Orange Summer Fruit Dip
Recipe Source: My Mom

1 8 oz container whipped topping
1 small package instant vanilla pudding mix
1 6 oz container of frozen (concentrated) orange juice
Fruit for dipping (strawberries, mango, grapes, pineapple, etc)

Combine:  Mix the first three ingredients together. Add a little water to thin out to desired consistency, if needed.

Cut:
Wash, cut and prep the fruit.  Serve:   Refrigerate until ready to serve. Then enjoy the orange dreamsicle goodness!

Variation: Instead of frozen OJ, just use about 6 oz of orange juice. (You may not need to thin the mixture down with water.) 

9. Love this quote for so many reasons.  
10. scout camp. 6 days to wicked. a few more till retreat slc. 
ahhh this motha needs a break.

7 comments:

Coralee said...

Great post! You are so right. We all judge too quickly. I especially loved the part about running away. I want to do that more than I would admit ; ) Wicked is going to be SWEET!!! I've heard good things from others who have already seen it in Calgary.

Carrie said...

Love this post! I actually love it every week :) It's fun to read the random 10 things you are busy with or thinking about, to get a glimpse into your life. Thanks for sharing! I'm so jealous I'm not going to Wicked like you!

whitney said...

That recipe looks so good! Let me know how it turns out!

Lynn said...

1. Amen to all of it. Couldn't of said it any better.

3. You can freeze them all diced up and then use them in your next pot luck casserole dish at ward suppers. They are the perfect "kick" to a dish when a jalapeno pepper is TOO hot. So impressed you got produce already from your garden.

7. HAppy HappY BiRthDay to little K2. Can't hardly believe he is two already.

8. Awesome! Hope people share more with you and you share more with us. lol. Love it. Great summer dish for sure.

10. Looks like you and I will be in SLC at the SAME time!! ; D We just might bump into each other. Isn't your sister living near mine?

Katelyn said...

That dip looks delicious! So true about judging and making assumptions. I especially like the idea that time is what we have to take to get to know people! Love you to bits! Remember-YOU are an amazing mom and sister. Seriously, you better believe it. I look up to you and learn from you all the time.

Sharon said...

our radishes are too "spicy" for the kids to eat too! :)

Kell Bell said...

Did you make that top picture with the sunglasses- cause it is awesome!