Tuesday, July 10, 2012

{ 10 on Tuesday...}


love my views, the colors, the smells.... all of it I ♥ it.....

1. Read THIS. please its a good reminder for all of us. BE PRESENT.. .....Cell phones....face book who's doing what with who where?? all the instant gratification that we "think" we need
is it worth it??

...."set aside the blog readers..... The smart phones. The tags. The hashtags. The comments. The pinning. The whatever it is that is not allowing you to be fully present in your own life, and get back to the way things should be.
Read it..Seriously puts things into perspective and how many of us do this every.single.day.?

2. So many things have broken down lately...boat, prop, washer, bikes, but thankfully not people:) just lots of money :(

3. Got in some boat fun Saturday aft for the most part I love spending time on the water, love seeing the kids get so excited , love seeing their smiling faces and hearing their awesome laughs and most of all spending time together as a family... 

4. its hot.we don't have A.C. thats it.


5. Sunday drives to the ranch most of the time result in K puking :( so we borrowed some gravol sunday evening...and gave it to K.... NOW this is the boy who has been sick like 2 times in 10 years and taken ibuprofen like once maybe...so oops we drugged him he was so groggy or "fuzzy" as he called it.... he slept for like  two hours but he didn't puke!!! 
another family tradition not the gravol ha ha although can't lie D and I did get a good laugh at wondering how many would knock M out hee hee:)
I was talking about the drive though;)
 I love with my littles and D:)

6. My sweet little L has her first orthodontic apt tomorrow that starts her journey of braces and corrections... kind of nervous for her and us:) Her self esteem means the world to me and I want her to be Happy!! and if that means starting now then thats what we do ...so tomorrow we shall see what is ahead for us.....
7. This is amazing....Smore's Dip..... try it even my smores hating husband said "this is probably the first time I've liked a smore"
its that good and that fattening ha ha...found here

8. Can't wait to read this and cry. 
infertility. adoption. birth mothers.

9. AMEN.
I truly am so scared for the generations coming up 
of cell phone addicted, entitled,
 spoiled disrespectful kids and teenagers out there that I see so so much around me everyday{not all but so many!}
Some days it feels like a very daunting job to raise these children we have been loaned here on this earth.... to be  strong, valiant, assertive, respectful, honest, hard working children and adults!
All I do know is we get there one day at a time and we are trying our hardest and best..... despite what the world around us is telling us...
and that is all we can do! Lots of prayers, love and obedience consequences one step at a time..

10. Favorite Quote of the Week
"Teach your children everything you know. If you must, use words."

Have a great week :) 

5 comments:

Lynn said...

No. 1 - Yup. I read that the day it happened. I was stunned. I passed it on for sure. Sure makes one think.

No. 4 - Oh man!! IS it ever! From cold and rainy for weeks....to BAM! Hot!! Just like that. Ugh.

No. 5 - HA ha. Been there and done that. Drugging a bit too much. Ooops! ; )

No. 6 - Can totally relate. Don't worry though. Those Orthodontists sure do make the whole process SO cool and SO fun for the kids. It's a cool thing to wear braces and be a part of that crowd now. ; ) And just think of all the fun colors she can choose to wear for bands on her braces. Cami is so into it. She wears the seasonal and holiday colors every time they change them for her each month. HA ha. That's such a girl, eh? The boys never did that much.

No. 7 - Oh dear. I'm so making that. Thanks a lot. ; P lol.

No. 9 - Amen.

Mandy said...

I agree with so much of your post today. #9 is so scary. I really want to read that book as well.
Great post today!

The Lowry's said...

Thanks for linking that story. Now that we got rid of our landline I have my cell phone with me constantly which means I check my email more often, text more often, etc. I hope I can learn from her experience and just be more present in my life as well. Too many distractions. Also, the spirit can't speak to me if I'm constantly 'distracted' Always a good and bad side to things.

Tisha said...

Great post! You should try travel bands for K. I get horribly car sick but hated being doped up all the time! (I get sick just driving to Lethbridge!). You can usually get them at health food stores for pretty cheap and he just wears them on his wrists when he's in in the car. Super easy and he won't be fuzzy! They won't help with M though! ;)

Melissa said...

Hannah gets 2 retainers next week and she's super excited for them! We'll see how long that lasts!!! She and Lauren can be cool together!