Tuesday, July 3, 2012

{Canada Day is a special day....}



 ..its the day we found out K2 was coming three years ago:) and now three years later we have a party for him :) and Canada Day:) He got an airplane over town just for him;) horses and bounce houses "just for him"  a parade and fireworks he had a pretty great day:) and he loved every minute of it.  He wanted an "orange cake" so we made orange cake and cupcakes {orange no idea where it came from thats just what he wanted :) he got his very own scooter and was SO excited when he opened it! and when he saw his cupcakes he said "WOW for me thanks Mom! " Love this boy!! He is so so polite and so kind and funny and happy 90% of the time! Happy Birthday Big boy!!!
Can't believe our "baby" is 3 time flies so so fast!! He is the seriously the sweetest happiest most caring, polite child and we love love love him and can't imagine life without him!! He is a peacemaker, a sleeper, a soother addicted hugger loving boy!!! 
WE YOU K2!!



An awesome day:)
-----------------------------------------
For RAnDoM Sake:

-my washer broke down a week ago the pump went and water was pouring out of my pot light in the basement and dripping through the ceiling:( and now the piles of clothes are ridiculously adding up...and the part still isn't here:(

- D got the deck partway done enough to use it for Canada Day 10 minutes before the parade and company came:) Love D's work he is such a hard worker and does the very best job he can on whatever it is and I so appreciate that about him!! He is truly amazing! Just need the bench seating railings and stairs so excited!!

- Little miss L asked D to come downstairs cause she needed to talk to him and she told him "that she hasn't been saying her prayers very good lately because she doesn't know if anyone is listening"
"She told him she has been praying for a baby sister for 2 years and that she doesn't feel like she was being heard"
Oh baby girl I hear you so we had some good talks cause I kind of understand that too a little bit it was a great teaching moment and a great talk oh how I love her thinking she also told me that sometimes she just sings the primary song "are you really there" she brought tears to my eyes! 
She told me her and K had been talking {in their late night lego sessions:) and that K told her she better tell mom and dad {that in itself made me happy cause when the bigger things come along I hope they talk to us too:) I so so love these kids!!

- So many CRAZY things going on everywhere in the world.....crazy fires , bills passed without regard of the people, crazy resignation ceremonies of offended people who don't get it....
Crazy things that make me thankful to be where I am right now!!!

- I'm weird I think I'm the only one who doesn't like TOMS I love them on little babies and kids but not adults I know eh I'm weird....
-----------------------------------
AND A WINNER
from the Giveaway for the anniversary waltz novel is
by random generator is

#22 
 Tisha:) enjoy:)
Thanks to everyone who entered .....nice to see people
actually still read too:)
------------------------------------------
Love this quote I just found:
"When a person can find the gift within the trial, then the trial will have served its purpose. It's when we flounder through the same type of trial over and over and never learn anything, never find the gift, that we keep going through the same, seemingly fruitless struggles."
 
and

HAPPY 4th OF JULY

and july's photo a day challenge r u doing it??

4 comments:

lauralquinton said...

Canada Day birthdays are the best. Although I thought it was nice this year to have Ky's bday to herself instead of with Canada Day celebrations. Your pics are super cute and I LOVE the watermelon! I love your kids! And I still want K to take Ky on a date one day. :D ttys, L

Lynn said...

The conversation K had with L and then L with D, totally warmed my heart!!!! It makes it all worthwhile {parenthood that is}.

Glad you had an awesome weekend. Your deck looks amazing!! Great job D!

It's been a crazy three weeks around here. Can't wait to fill you in on it soon.

Hugs!

Tisha said...

Holy crap! I actually won something!! Thanks!! And no, you're not the only one who doesn't like TOMS. I completely agree! On babies and kids, they can be cute, but don't like them once they "grow up".

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

Your family is so great. I loved all the random stuff and the awesome pictures. L's conversation was really neat - what a amazing moment you both won't forget.
You and D are wonderful people.