Top thoughts:)
{ Sometimes do you ever feel like this tree? Alone? That your the only one thinking what your thinking?}
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOP THOUGHT:BY me
{{yes I am still alive see:) some weeks are hard to find time to sit and blog but thats life living it for real:)
1. Ever wonder why some people are enablers for instance letting their children dictate how they run your life it should be the other way around don't put up with it or the results are a growing entitled future generation of children who think they deserve anything and everything and who think people are going to validate their every feeling.... cater to every whim
It isn't going to happen. real life doesn't include that. and the sooner our children and ourselves figure that out the better.
I am a live with it, change it, or get happy kind of mom ......
I don't cater to issues......
I try hard not to create them.... so I have to live with what I created because in the long run they have to understand that life isn't put here for them
you make life the way it is..... CHOOSE TO BE HAPPY.
We create our environment...... What are we creating??
We need to love our children, hold them, listen to them and help them understand what works and what doesn't ...........but don't put up with the unnecessary....... it doesn't do you or them any favors.
you make life the way it is..... CHOOSE TO BE HAPPY.
We create our environment...... What are we creating??
We need to love our children, hold them, listen to them and help them understand what works and what doesn't ...........but don't put up with the unnecessary....... it doesn't do you or them any favors.
NEXT UP :
2. Why do we think we have to perfect ?? Why do we think we have to live up to some unattainable standard?? Like everyday is a competition?? I'm not entering?? a fashion show i don't care to be in or who can make the greatest prettiest cake, the fanciest party table or whatever it may be ... we look around and feel unequal as everyone around us thoughts like.....I'm not as not as skinny, or as pretty and its all downhill from there....
We are so hard on ourselves and we seem to forget more often than not what is most important in this life and it is none of those things! But as women why is it SO hard to grasp that......or why is it so hard to not judge someone who likes to get up early to get ready for the day ahead of everyone or that its okay to wear your pjs all day if thats what YOU want and what works for YOU!! Its okay if I like to get up early..... its okay to pick up cupcakes at the store instead of spending hours on a masterpiece but fine if thats your thing and you love it....its when you doing it because you feel pressured or that its expected thats where the problem lies how much of of what we do is because we "think" its what everyone is expecting when its us who puts that perspective on ourselves..
....
Why do we judge, assume and compare so much?? its so sad and we all do it especially as women & mothers.
Instead of concentrating on the "little things" that need our desperate attention now because nothing else matters in the long run.....
HOME FRONT:
3. I so love M's face when he walks in the door after school he is so lovable gives me a hug tells me about his day even if he got in trouble a little:) He's loving reading...from good old Dick and Jane readers we grew up on.... its pretty amazing! Spelling tests, big hugs and i miss you's I'm loving it!! That and the falling asleep at 7 pm:)
4. I am SO proud of K he has found A PASSION...football, running, catching, throwing.... HE GOT HIS FIRST TOUCHDOWN this week you should have seen that boy move!! It is amazing to watch the fire growing in him giving it his all... made me a proud mama to see him get so excited about something... being undefeated helps him get excited too:)
5. Love watching L understand a few new things in the social aspect of things....dang girl drama!! Yet learning compassion for others...and enjoying activity days, choir and basketball camp and growing up entirely to fast:)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
| #tryingonreadingglasseswearesuchnerdsbutwehavefunlovethisman:/ #he'dkillmeifheknewiputthispictureonhere:) |
6. D's 38th birthday is tomorrow and I can hardly believe we are getting this old I know its barely old ;) but crazy where life takes you and how much you learn and grow together and the more years that go by the more I love this guy!
I love this guy with all my heart
so 38 things about him:)
so 38 things about him:)
He makes me laugh
He is funny!
He always looks to the bright side of things
He makes me a better person
He is dedicated to any calling he is given in church and does all he can
He is steady
He is an incredible boss who cares
He is respectful
He makes time for us even though he is super busy
He is strong physically emotionally and all other ways
He is an organizer and helps around the house
He is very determined
He looks for the good in everyone
He can make and build and fix anything
He is my handsome rugged outdoors kind of man
He is a great father
He is a hard core ski bum and looks awesome doing it:)
He is patient
He is my shoulder to cry and always there for me and our children
He is very smart
He is money smart
He is dependable
He has a fun sense of humor
He never quits
He is very easy going
He has a strong testimony
He is a peacemaker
He puts everyone's needs in front of his own
He is always appreciative
He has the ability to talk to anyone and make them feel comfortable
He provides for his family
he is always serving others,
he loves me no matter what
loves each of our children
He teaches through example
HE is a very very hard worker
HE is dedicated
He could be anything he wanted to be
He is aware of others always..
AND WE LOVE HIM Never a dull moment with D around just ask my kids fun times:) Just like everyone of my crazy kids can't imagine life without crazy D in it!!
So if you see him tomorrow {sept 30} wish him a happy birthday!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
7. LOVE THIS:
"We each do the best we can. My best may not be as good as your best,
but it's my best. The fact is that we know when we are doing our best
and when we are not. If we are not doing our best, it leaves us with a
gnawing hunger and frustration. But when we do our level best, we
experience a peace."
-Sister Marjorie Hinckley
and really what it all comes down to is doing our best whatever our best may be for us:)
Have an awesome weekend :)



6 comments:
Hey! Thanks for your comments. I'm still catching up.. HA HA. So true about living life more than writing about it.
Love your thoughts. It reminded me of Elder Neil L. Andersen talk last conference: What Thinks Christ of Me?
He said:
"Each and every person, will one day stand before the judgement seat of Christ. Each will have to face the important question: “What thinks Christ of me?”
“Discipleship is not a competition at all, but an invitation to all,” he said. “Our journey of discipleship is not a dash around the track, nor is it even comparable to a lengthy marathon. It is a life-long migration toward a more celestial world.”
Awesome, eh? I have a lot of work to do.....but in the end I want to only care about what Christs thinks of me. ; D
Anyway....HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to D!!! It's Corey's birthday too. His last one before he leaves. And we don't get to see him for two years. Mixed emotions for sure. Will write about it soon....but for now.....living life as it comes.
Have a good one Christal!
P.S. Cute pink and grey top!
Happy Happy Birthday to D! So fun that we share that day. :) Hope it was a happy one! Love your list of 38 things, sounds like you got a great guy, and of course he would be if he got YOU! You guys are so cute together, love the cute photo of you trying on the glasses together. Thanks for all your thoughts! I'm going to try that pumpkin french toast in the morning. So glad you shared! Hugs!
Seriously, time, it seems like there is no time anymore, must mean I'm too busy, haven't blogged in months or been on blogs much either. But i always make time for yours even though I haven't been commenting much lately. Good thoughts, yes, we do too much comparing, I go through phases, sometimes compare too much other times I am happy with me and where I am and don't compare. How fun as a mom to see K excell and enjoy football so much!
Everytime I see you I always want to tell you how cute or fabulous you look, and I never do, so I want to tell you now. I need to voice compliments more than I do. You have a great style.
I am liking Mr. Ralph and the fact that Jaycie has 'homework' Its not much and easy but teaches them responsibility and work.
Love it when you post Christal! My favorite part was talking about "its when you doing it because you feel pressured or that its expected thats where the problem lies". I so agree! It's so important to remember to do what works for you-not what works for someone else. Love your wisdom and your spunk. Love ya!
Yep, you know I am right there with you :)
Happy B-Day to D!!
Yep, you know I am right there with you :)
Happy B-Day to D!!
Post a Comment