Monday, April 1, 2013

{Easter Weekend..+++}


Easter 2013
impromptu easter decorating and egg rolling/throwing right after ....our first time 

Grandma B's easter hunt for all the kids {missing 6}but they had so much fun Thanks Grandma we♥you
paparazzi that got the shots:) yes it was obviously a little cold ;)


D's grandma's 90th birthday celebration on Saturday a reunion pretty much... 7 of the 9 brothers and sisters of D's were here so it was so fun....THIS picture was part of the program Grandma has kept her dresses over 90 of them we had a fashion show in her dresses from over the years it was pretty awesome I loved this yellow dress {see all that color we missed out on in all the old black and white pictures!! } Great Day celebrating grandma 90years and going strong she is incredible and we love her!!!

and a shot with our immediate family missing 11 -somehow K2 ran away back to the church and we didn't notice in all the people that he was missing makes me sad:(
My easter babes

my matchy matchy obession  love:) Love these kids....

---------------------------------
ME THINKS
 

/He thinks ---
thoughts by Dr. John L. Lund
I enjoyed reading some of these cause they make you think and some take a couple times to read I found them from somewhere out there awhile back so here ya go....
----------------------------------------------------

“Chances are you either married your biggest challenge in life or you gave birth to it!”
- Dr. John L. Lund.  
{ I just thought this one was funny}

Stop saying to people: you need/you should/you ought. Instead say, "it would mean a lot to me if....."

Give a rational for your request.

Rather than define what your child has to do, define what you are going to do about their choices.

TAKE YOUR FRUSTRATIONS TO THE LORD AND YOUR LOVE TO YOUR FAMILY.
Transfer responsibility to your children as they demonstrate the ability to handle it.
Ask the children how they would like to hear things of a critical nature discussed.

You can't be FAIR to each child.

Let go of expectations that you will have their love and appreciation.

Parents are held hostage by fear of 'missed opportunities.'
A toxic child will give you what you want when you give them what they want.

Don't accept responsibility for stewardships beyond that which God has given you.

You can't share and teach beyond the level of their willingness to accept.
God can't take us faster than we're prepared to go.

"If you're not happy you're not grateful".We fought a war to be in control of our own happiness.
People have to learn things by the things which they suffer.
Hel. 13:38 You have sought all the days of your life for that which you can not obtain.
We can't control being loved, only loving others.

You can be smart and happy or stupid and miserable. . . it's your choice” -GBH
Its up to you 

We can't let how others treat us or what happens to us determine our day, life or year...
We often times feel left out, forgotten, unappreciated, and looked over in life but we have to do what we can to be happy within and let all those feelings go or we will never be fully happy...but it is hard to do especially when its close to home or within families....
I think remembering those and loving those that live under our roofs and those closest in our lives is the very most important influence for good we can have to better ourselves and our families to be happy, fulfilled and loved to our fullest.
--------------------------------------------------------

WE DO the best we can do and the rest will follow.


 

HAVE A GREAT WEEK! 
Its Easter Break here ....not going anywhere this year just enjoying the sun that finally decided to show up here feels SO good to get out in it!!!
 MAKE IT COUNT!!
Question what are you looking forward to??
Me: Summer can't wait and time out for women in a couple of weeks
 and a trip to Florida with D anyone want some extra kids for a week;)

4 comments:

Kayli said...

Ha- I never thought of that-- of all the color we missed in the black and white pictures. That was pretty neat with all those dresses.

Your kids' Easter outfits were adorable.

I'm looking forward to some warmer weather... I just want to be able to get outside a LITTLE BIT!!!! And also summer and our trip to the States. And also for my baby to stop waking up in the night so much.

Kristyn said...

Cute Easter pictures. Would you be able to email me copies of the 90th pictures. I know there will probably be pictures given but chances of us actually getting them may be slim. :) thanks. I really like Dr.lund he has some great things and is funny to listen to.
I am looking forward to summer and spending time down at my parents. I really am looking forward to getting unpacked. Love ya! Good luck surviving the week. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lynn said...

So THAT'S what I can do with all the clothes I save for sentimental reasons! Give them to my grandddaughters when I am 90. What a COOL idea! Seriously. That is the best. So neat to see you all wearing them for your grandma. I bet she truly loved that.

I had to chuckle at the paparazzi photo. Awesome! What would we do if we didn't have cameras at all our family events, eh? ; ) Our kids are sure growing up pretty use to it, aren't they. I don't hardly ever remember a camera growing up.

Your kiddos sure looked great for Easter! What great memories for them to look back on.

Have a great weekend!