Tuesday, April 16, 2013

{10 on Tuesday..}

 This past week has been crazy! All my doing its soccer week prepping before things kickoff. I'm the secretary on the mini soccer board in town..basically 2 weeks out of the year where I do a lot of typing, emailing, calling, labeling and putting packets together for coaches and governors..pretty exciting eh;)  Just takes a lot of time getting it right:)
So you get a 10 for today...

1. Had an awesome weekend went with a bunch of friends  to Time out for women it was so fun and uplifting I really enjoyed it! Sadly we didn't even get a picture together.... but I did get one from my favorite author Dean Hughes!! Love his books..here
Some of the other presenters were Jenny Oaks Baker {did ya'll know she is Dallin H. Oaks' Daughter?? Learned something new:) some of my favorites were Chris Williams he is amazing .....see his story here ,and Richie Norton, Jon Hilton III ...were awesome too it was nice to get out!

2. This boy is one special kid he has the kindest heart I've ever seen he is so thoughtful, insightful and aware of others feelings, he is funny, adorable and gives the best hugs and smiles:)
We had a great laugh this day he went to sit under the cart part there and the middle bar was missing and he fell right through then laughed like it was the funniest thing ever...he is SUCH a joy!!

3. It has snowed more in the last three days then all of winter put together.

4. Which makes this all the more inviting!! Can't wait!!

5. The Boston bombings makes me sick to my stomach but so does all the stories the media doesn't share..... like the huge abortion killer story or that the US bombed Afghanistan on April 6 and killed 17 people including many children but you won't hear that in the news just makes me sad all of it!! But love this quote by Gandi Because with each tragedy people grow closer together hold each other tighter and reach out more--

“You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is like an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.”


6. Found some new snacks at Costco that are super yummy and natural! Since this gluten free/allergy ridden girl has a lack of options sometimes its nice to have new things to eat :) Here's a few new finds:

Except we get the cucumber dill ones not these;)
and yum:)
7. Tried a new recipe kids loved them...from here

 

8.My two big boys are in a football camp right now, K is on a basketball league and improving each practice  and L is becoming a big help and enjoying all the fun things she is doing right now:)  K2 is loving playing with friends and being outside when its nice:)) Growing up is what they are all doing.  Its weird lately feels like they just keep getting bigger and bigger and time is flying by.....

9. A short me thinks:) I posted this on face book {today 4/17.. I get so frustrated with the media and how naive people are these days they believe anything. How often do we do a little research to find out if what we are saying is even true before we are passing things on??
Why aren't we more careful with what we see and hear and pass along..... the story of the little girl going around on face book saying she was 8 and running in the marathon in memory of sandy hook children who died isn't true....it was a little boy who died....WHY isn't there any mention on the news of the horrific abortion trial going on the man killed perfect little moving, perfect, crying human beings in inhumane ways he cut them up and pickled them like rats its grotesque ....WHAT about the huge earthquake in Pakistan and Iran today leveled a whole city and killed so many....Yet as sad as Boston is so much of the world suffers through that everyday!! At the hand of Americans in the name of war. Media portrays what it wants, distracts from the real and creates false security and fear.....it sways and twists any story or situation they want you to see it as...Time to wake up.

10.  Love this
"You can never get enough of what you don't need because what you don't need won't satisfy you."
 ~Dallin H. Oaks~ ♥it so true

Have a great week....see the good..
{Okay people who's reading?? Say hi and tell me what your favorite healthy go to snack is:) }

3 comments:

The Johnston's said...

Great post Christal. I'm with you on the whole lack of attention that some other stories are not getting that are much more grotesque. I also wanted to share one of mine and my husbands most recent healthy go to snacks called energy bites. I found the recipe on pinterest here http://richestoragsbydori.blogspot.ca/2012/03/no-bake-energy-bites.html . But I substitute the peanut butter with all natural almond butter. YUMMY and we make at least enough to cover the week so we just grab a few as a quick bite size snacks and we are good until the next meal!

The Lowry's said...

I'm still reading, not as regularly, but still enjoy reading your blog :) Absolutely loved that last quote by Elder Oaks, so true and applicable in all aspects of life.
Our fav healthy go to snack is popcorn popped with just coconut oil and no butter added afterwards. 1Tbsp coconut oil and 1/2cup popcorn with our stove popper, then sprinkled with salt - makes a great snack. Yum!

Jill said...

I'm so behind on your blog. I need to read it more because I LOVE it. You are always so positive and uplifting. Your family is adorable too :) I am so behind it overwhelms me. How do you stay up with it so well!!!??
DIdn't you just love TOFW? THose are my fav and I go any chance I can get. John Hilton's wife is Lani and she is my cousin (actually 2nd cousin or something). I don't know him really, but Lani is the cutest!! But I got to hear Chris Williams at ours and he was AMAZING!! Such strength, faith and fortitude these people have...
xoxo