Thursday, April 25, 2013

{Wednesday/Thursday Thoughts....}



Since Monday flu by {pun intended:) } and tuesday flu by too:) Here we are at Wednesday...So in point form here's the run down!

- I have never cleaned up so much PUKE and POOP in all my life as I have in the last week my poor baby lost like 4lbs and didn't eat for 4 days:(( the good Dr got me some good stuff to help him out... Then M got it then K got it then L & I got it yesterday hoping its leaving the house for good!! Not fun!!  
{my cutest little bobble head picture as my mom calls it:)
{I have lots of pics of K2 I know but its because we spend everyday together:) Soon he'll be in preschool I can hardly believe that and then they'll just be all pics of me j/k!!
-Soccer is crazy this year!! CRAZY! mess! but today it starts and hopefully all things will be sorted out! I'm hoping! ahhhh!

-SO SO ready for sun!! Flying away soon:)Crossing of some bucket list stuff nothing major but fun and celebrating 16 years together:) 
wow time goes by fast!

-Got out running this morning for our schools walk and run and it was heavenly can't wait to get going outside again

 Anyway wanted to do something different so here goes:)
I ♥ this by Becky Higgins

"As human beings, sometimes we think that other people’s marks about us define who we are. We know better. But sometimes we need to be reminded. Your grades don’t define you. Your review at work does not define you. What someone else thinks about your parenting style or political view or haircut does not define you.
Your thoughts define you. Your actions define you. 
How you treat your spouse and your children? Of course this defines you. How you treat a stranger also defines you. How you handle adversity defines you. What we do with our spare time, how we serve others, the choices we make … these are all things that define us.
So the next time someone belittles, criticizes, labels, or falsely accuses you, sure — stand up for yourself if necessary. But resist the urge to spend too much energy fighting or defending or criticizing back. Instead, look inward. Look at your core.  
You know who you are. 
You know what you’re about. If you question your worth, don’t. Not for one second. Get on your knees and pray to a loving Heavenly Father who knows you and loves you unconditionally. He will remind you how awesome you are. And if you humbly and sincerely ask, He’ll even let you know what you can do to be even better."
I love this
So who am I??
 A little LOOK inside....
my imperfectly normal world...



-I love to read... to my kids... on my treadmill.... at night ..and I prefer actual books not electronic copies...

-I love to make new recipes for my kids and hear its a keeper.... though I rarely eat them I love baking them:) Though I get compared to my baking friends on the street a lot and I don't quite live up to that yet;)

-I get my nails done about once a month because then its a least one thing that lasts awhile and an hour of me time is a nice break {I call it therapy ha ha} and really because I used to do my own but don't have time to redo them every three days after making messes by picking it off everywhere I went, and I like it. 
some people don't care.  i just do. that's me.

-I like to be busy and productive otherwise I feel kind of useless.... so thankfully soccer, primary, basketball, and my life in general right now keeps me plenty busy:)


- my house may look clean if you were to just stop by 
but I have lots of junk drawers that drive D nuts lol

-I'm impatient a lot but I'm working on it... maybe I expect to much from my children like clean rooms and to pick up after yourself

-I hate disorganization and misunderstandings and bad communication 

-I have a huge desire to travel just have to get the money for it:)


- I love routine a schedule and feel off balance when things are out of it?

-I still get my  hopes up each month that this might be the month even after being married for almost 16 years...don't think those feelings will ever change. I hate it.


-I have a constant fear that something bad will happen to my kids or husband everyday. I think that might just be normal??


-I think about my kids birth parents everyday and hope they are doing good and are happy. 

I pray for them everyday and thank my Heavenly Father for them in my life, each day I see a piece of each of them when I look into my children's eyes and hope someday my children will understand how important they are and still love us like they do now.



-I hate it when people compare doesn't matter what it is.... we are all different... its a never ending dead end circle... waste of time...we still all do it though. 

-  I'm gluten free and clean eating and I feel SO much better.. its hard sometimes but I feel good...and that makes it worth it..


-I feel like a good mom WHEN

-my kids ask if the food I'm making{ if its not something  I usually make} if its for them or to give away means I've taught them something about service

-they tell me things

-when we are all laughing around the kitchen island I love it
 
-when they ask a story about when they were babies or their adoption stories when I tuck them in each night

-when I make a favorite meal or treat and they tell me I'm the best mom ever

-when they behave in public ha ha

-when someone calls to tell me something good about my children that they did something to help someone, what ever good it might be {and when I tell them thank you they think I'm creepy that I know things ha ha:)
 
-when my children get up to bear their testimonies in church and I cry because I feel like I'm teaching them something that is the very most important thing in my life and I only want them to feel the joy it brings in life too....

-when I hear my kids talking to someone or each other and repeating the things we've taught them but you never know if they understand or hear you know what I mean...

-when I watch my kids helping others ...

-when they play nicely together and stop fighting for 10minutes at least;)

These are the things that make me happy:)
-----------------------------------------------------

Elder David S. Baxter said:
"Selfless service is a wonderful antidote to the ills that flow from the worldwide epidemic of self-indulgence. Some grow bitter or anxious when it seems that not enough attention is being paid to them, when their lives would be so enriched if only they paid more attention to the needs of others.....The answer lies in helping to solve the problems of those around us rather than worrying about our own, living to lift burdens even when we ourselves feel weighed down, putting our shoulder to the wheel instead of complaining that the wagons of life seem to be passing us by....Stretching our souls in service helps us to rise above our cares, concerns, and challenges. As we focus our energies on lifting the burdens of others, something miraculous happens.  
Our own burdens diminish. We become happier
There is more substance to our lives." 

Are we good Samaritans or self indulger's?
LOVE this what kind of life are we living what makes us happy??
What makes you happy??

Have a great rest of the week:)

7 comments:

Kayli said...

Really good stuff!

Where are you going?!

Nikki said...

I think about you guys every day too. Love you all so much!

Kristyn said...

Loved all the thoughts! I needed that quote from Elder Baxter last week for my talk I gave. It would have fit perfectly. At least I have it now.:) have a good weekend.

Kristyn said...

Oh and that totally bites about the flu in your house.

The Lowry's said...

As always you have such inspiring thoughts and a good quote to end it with. Sounds like you not only had the flu go through your house, buy a nasty flu. Glad everyone is on the mend. I feel like the older I get the wiser I get and one of those things is to worry less about what others are doing/saying etc aka comparing and more on what I'm doing. I'm a work in progress too :)

Lynn said...

LOL! I LOVE your little man bobble head photo .

Sounds like you had one horrible week after Women's time out. Yuck! So sorry to hear.

Good luck with soccer season! You rock being organized, so I am sure the committee loves you!

Have a great weekend Christal!

Katelyn said...

I just got caught up on your blog. May I just say-I love you so much and look up to you a ton. You are an amazing person and your kids are so lucky to have you. I'm so glad you and D got away. It feels so good to reconnect. You are doing the best work there is with your own family in your own home!