Friday, November 1, 2013

{ For the love....}




Seriously hard keeping up and finding time so I thought the title was appropriate since now Halloween has come and gone and life moves into November hard to believe this year is coming to end crazy how fast the whole year went:( Wow! But look at all we've done and how far we've come right all of us... My kids are growing up and are quite enjoyable;) wanting to do things on their own like trick or treating ahhh! Not ready for independence yet we have such short years to teach them all that they need to know going out into the world.. We can only hope we've done what will help them the greatest out there!  

SO Halloween Catchup first
 Thats the extent of my enthusiasm for Halloween ;) 
BUT  the kids had fun it was a day now its over:) we had a ward party too and the kids loved it and I won 2nd in the chili cook off so that was some fun:)
We went pumpkin patching and carving 


Ward partying
I went easy Rosie 1942 girl to our ward party.. I don't dress up or like Halloween but once in awhile parties count I guess;)
after school dinner mummy dogs and veggies and ghost guts drinks;) Halloween night I simplified and didn't do school treats this year for each class and you know it was fine not one kid said anything about it and didn't ask and its okay!!
 seriously. this. boy.
A hockey dude , Tintin and his $ store find snowy:) , a granny {obviously haha} and the cutest little buzz ever:)

 and the traditional porch shot.... worst pictures ever they get to excited and every year I tell myself I'll do the them the day before but things are always crazy...
------------------------------------------

-My K. my oldest baby is turning 12 in a month and half WHAT!! is that!! and pretty much as tall as me well in all my 5'2 glory I'm sure he'll pass me in no time!  How can it even be that in 6 years he will be leaving on his mission ..oh my.. He finished his football season and learned a ton grew a foot and learned some good sportsmanship .......We had the primary presentation at church last Sunday and he is officially the oldest in primary and had a the longest part .....all did so awesome on their parts...it was the one and only time they were all in it ...hard to see them grow up ...even harder to be into a new phase of life....
excuse the awkward photo, fast snap... I'm cold.... my ties crooked .....and I don't want to look at you almost late for church picture;) thats us real. life.

-our crazy man 7 yr old M thinks he's 20 already and knows everything;) I assure him he's not...but he is becoming a super reader which is really exciting to see him learn and grow and have some hard days, some real lesson learning days but  the good days the light bulb moments make it all worth it..
- our big 9 yr old L is becoming aware of things and understanding cause and effect a little better which makes us happy, she is loving the piano and has actually caught on so well so proud of her...she's loving basketball and really catching on this year....

-and our 4 yr old K2 who is learning how hard it is to be around so many people {which he highly dislikes} and sometimes choses not to play with friends and gives himself  hours of quiet time after school. He's such a smart boy and loves learning, music and making a few new friends.. He is still my snuggler and such a joy...... hoping that always stays around:)


And me not sure if I mentioned it one here but I work with the YW again in our ward as secretary and I am loving it. I do personal progress too which I enjoy getting them pumped up to do and get it done:) Some days its so scary watching what these kids have to go through but there are some amazing youth out there strong, steadfast and immovable:) Which we could all stand to be a little more of right:)
The Girl in a Whirl - by 'Dr. Sue'. LOVED the reading of this at our Stake Women's Conference last night.
-then there's the bishop .....I admire him so much he technically has two full time jobs.... everybody needs him and some days are hard for all of us just goes with the territory I suppose...its hard being "the bishops wife" sometimes people expect things from you, or think you should be a certain way all the time and its hard. 
I'm me were all human, we make mistakes, we have a normal home, four pretty awesome kids they even fight sometimes;)  we get impatient some days...we just do our thing just like everyone else busy here and there. But at the end of the day I thank my Heavenly Father for every blessing I have because there are so many horrible, sad things that could just as easily befall us thankfully they haven't and won't ever. WE all have our own trials some nobody knows about, some everyone knows...but none of us have an easy life. Its what we do with it...
I try to do my job the best I can ..... of supporter, mother, wife and friend sometimes thats super draining but it doesn't help anything to whine about it and it won't last forever.  I'm really sorry for the areas I fall short in some days it feels like a lot but I can't be everywhere or do everything....
Sometimes I'm a crappy sister, daughter, mother, friend, wife but I'm just like everyone else trying to fit it all in..
Some days more successful than others. 
I do know that D is an amazing man and truly cares for each one in our ward and each person he works with at work. But he's human too and has his days too we are all working on it...it being..... making it through each day and each year closer to where we want to be in the end.
He's a good man and I learn a lot from him everyday..... life is constantly changing, constantly getting busier and constantly what we make it. So we chose to simplify the things we don't need to be doing or buying or wasting our time with.. I guess it just makes us value the time we do have together to keep us together. strong. all of us.
Doing the best we can:)

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
  This is what it looked like around here the past week:) Cold and snowy so since Halloween is over now onto the most wonderful time of the year -CHRISTMAS I love Christmas.
-Found a few new recipes this is super easy and SO good!
Easy Kettle Corn
Easy Kettle Corn Recipe on twopeasandtheirpod.com Perfect for movie night or snack time!
Recipe from here Fair warning though its addictive:)
-Had a trade show on the 26th worked hard to have lots of supply and it wasn't a very well attended trade show not sure what else was going on but attendance was way low... oh well live and learn but I guess now I have lots in time for Christmas and Saturday open houses here;) Its all good:) Making it closer to my goal and thats exciting:)


"Shaming and isolating someone for a viewpoint that has always been considered mainstream should alarm everyone who values freedom, whether or not they share the view. It is akin to the old McCarthy era of blacklisting--and make no mistake, it is also another assault upon religious freedom,

If you are gagged and labeled for giving voice to a value that has always been mainstream--as traditional marriage has in all times and all places, then America may become an unfamiliar place for the religious. We may become strangers in a strange land."
Angel Moroni going on top of the Payson, UT temple
It's only the beginning. and its scary.
we need to do our part.

Favorite Quotes lately

 "Motherhood is not a battle against other mothers. Motherhood is YOUR journey with YOUR children." 
-Love this quote I think if we all realized our value and quit comparing to everyone around us we are better mothers for it:)

 and this one
"Don't worry about what other people say behind your back, they are the people finding faults in your life instead of fixing the faults in their own life."

Make it a good one:)

1 comment:

Katelyn said...

I'm so glad to hear M is doing great with reading. I love each of your kids so much! We were just talking about them today and what fun we had when they stayed with us. Love you and your honesty. We are all just trying our best and really just have to be patient with each other. Great final quote. Love ya!