Truth be told I'm having a hard time keeping up these days and blogging gets far and few between but I'm still here..still love blogging and maybe you still like reading:) But life does not slow down as the years go by that is for sure...I've been making more time to be with my kids, to be present and life has just been a lot of work since a few things changed around here this year, but change is part of life and
I have a life thats Good:) Lots to work on achieve and look forward too but its good.
Turn up your sound new song:)
No complaints just lots of work, projects, and growing pains for all of us which require being more intune to what we all need and who needs what. Anything from a hug to a talk to making bigger efforts at scripture study, family prayer and Monday nights...thats where the life learning is the lessons we teach now that maybe pay off in the long run...early nights and a stronger effort pouring out around here. Which sometimes is hard but it will and is SO worth it.
So a few things over the past weeks....
- SO thankful for my family, great friends and my country.

- Grateful for successes and failures that drive us to try harder, work harder and realize nothing in life is free or easy.
-Grateful for the strong spirits my Heavenly Father trusted me with they are growing up and proving to understand what we try to teach them, what we try to live through our examples both good and bad because thats how we do better right..

-So very thankful for a loving husband who understands accepts and see what I need help with {or maybe when I've reached my breaking point ;) } He carries a heavy load with work and church duties, and I in turn carry a lot of home load and being alone more often than before....
-Thankful for talented, good friends who help out with projects or a listening ear or just random things I need help with or they need help with what goes around comes around....
-So very thankful for the example of both of our parents and the ups and downs and all the life hands them and what it teaches each one of us..life is short and you never know when it will be taken from us... cultivating what we have so we live with no regrets in the end is key I think....and evaluating where we are in life at all times is important...important to change what we can accept what we can't and just do better.
- My monthly allergies keep growing now its kiwi added to my list so sad :(( the older I get the more I become allergic too:( saddest part is some of my favorite things oranges, kiwi, dried fruit with preservatives and on and on
- So thankful to have a huge head start on Christmas shopping and Christmas cards and on line shopping;) is THE BEST price shop and you can find awesome deals on things....... K is done L is mostly done and its fun to get things done far in advance I am determined to not rush December and enjoy it more because I can get some things done early.
--and half of my Christmas stuff is up!! D got my boxes down earlier
than ever before and I'm loving it! Its all a work in progress but why
not enjoy our favorite time of the year even longer:)
How simple and pretty are these..... I'm not usually a gold fan but I love the simplicity of these {pinterest images} from:

- Thankful for health in our home...good work and a great company to work for have you see this exciting news in the company....forward moving and thinking always!
-Thankful for Adoption...... this month is adoption month I mean I spend most everyday anyway thinking about my four blessings..and thanking my Heavenly Father for every person who made each one possible... but especially this month makes me SO thankful for our families birth families and how much we love them....admire them and
We are where we are, because of where they've been and what they chose.
"It
is your reaction to adversity, not the adversity itself, that determines
how your life's story will develop." —Dieter F Uchtdorf
-Sometimes I still have a hard time wondering if there is another one but I think that just will never go away...hard to let go of a dream, a natural desire,
.....when you don't even know what's broken, its hard to fix it.

-We the Parent Council through a huge family dance/cake walk at our school and raised way more money then we were counting on so I'd say it was a success and it was super fun! Way to go PTA :)
- Lately so many heartbreaks or sad stories of selfish, selfish parents especially mothers lately....... the children are the ones who pay the consequences and suffer the effects are detrimental to their entire life ...its so so sad
I posted this on face book but I love it...
"Be the girl you want your daughter to be, be the girl you want your son to date. Be classy, anything but trashy."
"A
mother has far greater influence on her children than anyone else, and
she must realize that every word she speaks, every act, every response,
her attitude, even her appearance and manner of dress affect the lives
of her children and the whole family. It is while the child is in the
home that he gains from his mother the attitudes, hopes, and beliefs
that will determine the kind of life he will live and the contribution
he will make to society."
- N. Eldon Tanner
- N. Eldon Tanner
-----------------------------------------------
-My {baby} turns 12 in a month.... I can hardly believe it seems like he was just placed in my arms and all those years of yearning for a baby melted away the minute I held him in my arms. So for his big 12 which in our church is a big deal I'm going to do this for him and I can't wait to do it well a variation of it anyway .... This boy is such a great kid.... he will always hold that very special place in my heart being the first.... that sacred piece that unlocked my aching heart, and made me love more than I ever ever imagined or thought I could....on a journey I never thought we'd go.
and what it all comes down to is this one thing:
no time to waste, no time for tomorrow.... the time is now to teach, love and be here right where I am. Because before we know it.... they are all grown up...I realize that more and more as the days go by and its kind of scary...nothing else matters, nothing else is more important then what I have right here.
--------------------------------------------------
Alright who's still reading blog land is so blah these days:)
So if you comment
LETS DO
A LITTLE GIVEAWAY
A LITTLE GIVEAWAY
I'll pick a name and that person will get a few of my favorite things a little surprise pick me up package:) in the mail or at your door if your from around here:) I'll pick a week from today:)) SO NOV 22:))
Tell me your favorite neighbor gifts you've received or given that aren't food:) I need ideas:)
or
What your favorite Christmas tradition is:) or a question for me:)
HAVE A GREAT WEEK:)




23 comments:
I stummbled upon your blog today after finding a quote on pinterest that you had posted. I decided to click on your blog. Thank you for your inspirational messages and stories. You are one inspired and amazing mom/wife -- I felt it as I reading a few of your posts. What a perfect gift you are sharing with your children and their birth families (I'm not sure if they are all adopted, but either way - they are lucky kids). I am the mother of a birth mother. My first grandchild (who is now 11) is the daughter of two of the greatest people on the planet! She came into being their daughter through the miracle of adoption. The process that we all went through during that tender special time in our lives was the most spiritual experience of my life. We know without a doubt that that little girl was suppose to be in the family she is now sealed to for eternity. I could go on and on, but the process of adoption is heaven sent and a blessing to everyone involved. Love to you and your cute family. Jill
You are the cutest! SO GLAD you still blog! Wish I did!!! :( Sometimes life does just get in the way! My favorite gift to give is the Christmas potpourri or the snowmen making kits! They were both big hits with my neighbors! :)
I'm jealous that you're already setting up Christmas. Mark is making me wait until after American thanksgiving. I'm so excited for Christmas this year! My favorite tradition is all the family dinners. I love family and I love good food! Having two families now has made Christmas twice as much fun!
I am just sitting here with my leg propped us after surgery yesterday. Glad you posted. Something else to read. ; D The days are going to be rather long for the next little while. lol.
Anyway....As you know from reading my blog, every year we have given some sort of Christmas decoration {ornament} with an attached card or label...explaining the meaning or story behind it. Ie...the candy cane...representing the shephards' staff. Or a star...and the scripture that went along with it.....or a red glass ball and what the color red represents at Christmas time. Or how about the one year we put a fly fish hook inside the clear glass ornament {the kind you find at Michael's to decorate yourself} with the "fisher's of men" scripture attached. Every year the ward members ask us when we will be handing out the next one. Funny. I use to think that people might not really want it, as they all have their own decorating schemes and it wouldn't match....but many collect our ornaments in a box and share the stories behind them under their Christmas tree as a tradition. So neat, eh? Anyway....that's what we have done.
I am glad you are still blogging. You have that touch. Don't ever stop. ; ) Merry Christmas! Have fun decorating!
I'm still reading! :) You post the greatest quotes Christal! You're posts are always so inspiring, and I always feel happy to know that there are still women out there who believe and feel the same way I do about life, family, and raising kids in today's crazy world. Thanks for being willing to share your thoughts!
I don't think we've ever received a neighbour gift that wasn't food, but a friend once gave us a Christmasy scented bath and body works hand soap with a cute little hand towel, and I think that was a great gift!
I love our Christmas eve snacks. Instead of dinner we just have a bunch of appi's mmm so yummy! Love reading your blog so I can keep up with you guys since I dont get to see you guys very often anymore if at all haha Love you all!
Love reading your blog. Man I miss you guys!!! My favorite Christmas tradition is going to the nativity Christmas Eve. I just love the Christmas story and it bring such an amazing spririt to the holiday. Also, Nov 22 is Porters 1st birthday!!! So winning would make that day even better :D
We did blocks with a picture of the prophet and they said we thank thee o god for a prophet on them. They were cheap easy and cute! I think I still have a digital copy of the picture somewhere. Let me know if you are interested in it. :)
Bath and body christmas soap with a tag saying wishing you love and hope. Then you cross out hop and write soap
I should have mentioned it before, but I liked a notepad with pens with the writing "from our pad to yours, Merry Christmas". It was cute and we have actually used it. I felt the Spirit reading this post. Thank you. I love your ability to uplift me, give motivation, and give a great example. Love ya!
I've been waiting for you to blog...look forward to it... One of my favourite traditions is, on Christmas Eve, my husband and I go for a walk in the snow... we can see families in their homes, and it just all feels nice.. Thank you for all the inspiration z
This year for my kids I am making homemade bubbles in really cute jars. Then we are putting a tag that says "Blowing Christmas Wishes Your Way" We will do them for the neighbours and then do the same thing with gum balls for the kids in their classes!
So crazy how fast time goes. I cannot believe K will be 12, love what you are going to do leading up to it. Your blog always is uplifting.
One tradition we are hoping to start is this one
http://deseretbook.com/Christ-Centered-Christmas-Gift-Set-wNativity-Emily-Freeman/i/5093820
We have the book, I just will have to find a nativity. I think it describes it there if not I can tell you. I think it would be a neat tradition to start. I also have way to many traditions to tell it will take me all day to write it. haha! I'll think about the gift ideas. We did make yummy apple cider last year put it in the large jars and our tag said wishing you a warm and wonderful Christmas. I know that is food, but we loved doing it and are probably going to do it this year as well. (new neighborhood).
You are seriously amazing Christal. You always have your priorities straight. You are such an example to me. Well we are just working on building up our family traditions, but Brady's family has a tradition that I love. They put a big star up on their barn roof at Christmas time. Christmas morning before they open any presents the whole family goes out to the barn with the star all lit up. They have a manger in it with a doll to represent Jesus. Everyone kneels around the manger and says a prayer. I think it's an amazing way to remember the true spirit of Christmas. Love ya!
Love reading your blog as always
Really liked your reminder to be the girl you want your own girls to be
Fav Neighbors Gift Idea- the gift of a family activity. A game or puzzle, cookie recipe and decorations to make, a simple Xmas declaration to make....or a snack pack for a family volunteering to assist a food drive or shovel a seniors walkway
-Heidi
I enjoy reading you blog when you post. I love learning more about you and your thoughts about life and experiences. They are usually so uplifting and exactly what I am needing at that time. The question I have is do you have open adoptions with your birth families or closed?
-pam
Love the blog, shaylee turns 12 on Friday!! Where does the time go? Hitting these priceless important moments really brings life into perspective!! Its humbling. We love Christmas at our house, last year we gave our neighbors a bucket full of indoor snow balls. So they could have their own indoor snowball fight. Snow much FUN!!! Everyone Loved it even the elderly...
Still reading!! My fave tradition is Christmas Eve Pj's and driving around looking at lights. And of course going to the Nativity as a family on Christmas Eve.
P.S This is Skye, not Monsieur Varty! lol!
Love your blog! It makes me want to be better at blogging! I love the family time at Christmas! Its been harder to really enjoy it the last few years, but its something that I make a big effort to focus on each year!
Im going to do all three! I am always reading your blog and I get so excited when I see a new post from you pop up in my feed!
Favourite Christmas Tradition is curling up with the family to watch our FAVOURITE Christmas movie, The Muppets Christmas Carol.
Favourite Neighbour Gift was a 2L bottle of Sprite with a tage that hoped our Holidays were Merry and Sprite! I prefer stuff that is used up and leaves the house otherwise I feel guilty throwing out something that was meant to be kept.
Any chance you will ever VLog?
My favourite neighbour gift was a painted Christmas tree ornament.
My favourite tradition is our appetizer dinner on Christmas Eve and then the kids opening their new pyjamas.
I'm going to do homemade vanilla sugar scrub. My neighbour gave me some last year for my birthday and I've loved it, so I'm going to give it this year for Christmas. Good on ya for blogging still cause you have a fab blog!
We always like to change up our neighbour/friend gifts yearly-- and opt out of the goodies too ;) This year I found super cute "snow man" kits at superstore for $9.00. It comes with a black hat, scarf, eyes & buttons :) Just include a card and a simple tag saying "Just add snow!" You could probably make it cheaper- or find smaller versions at the dollar store, but this was easier as it was hassle free!! Very merry everything to you and yours. Xo
Post a Comment