
"I always feel like January is sad and cold and depressing, this reminds
me that it can be beautiful too, you just have to look for it."
-anon
1. I do miss summer. The gray days get to me especially when D's been gone a lot with work and I have to much time to and lots of time to get projects done {or think about doing them}..... but sadly the truth is I ending up wasting to much time on here some days doing pretty much nothing or spending money I shouldn't;) and the days go by......
![]() |
| source |
2. Takes one to be brave and stand up in this day and age. My kids are strong they aren't swayed by fads or what others are doing its kind of inspiring to me when they see what dumb things kids/people do and to have them come home and say hey mom..... it tells me they are STRONG... they are aware ...and they are learning right and wrong. I hope they continue to develop that quality and that they always tell us and talk to us. I hope they always see what path they need to be on always..... TAKES ONE TO BE BRAVE IN THIS WORLD WE LIVE IN..... sometimes to stand up it means to stand alone... BUT I'd rather be standing alone then to be weak and one of the crowd devoid of morals strength and tradition.
3. Lately these beautiful sunsets have me wishing so bad for my early morning summer runs... my very best thinking happens then its good for the soul... you miss it too;)
3. My kids favorite winter meal....these turned out huge but were also a huge hit with the kids and this broccoli soup is the best! GF too:)
{I left out the nutmeg and bay leaves and used skim milk and it turned out super yummy:)
And I have used this recipe for years for the bread bowls
4. I made these cookies the other day and all the kids loved them and said they're a keeper I love it when they say that:)..... though I think they ate the dough just as much as the cookie;) including their dad;)
The best Peanut Butter Cookies found here

5. This looks amazing:) Its called a fitbit found here I need to step it up push myself and not get into a rut..... easy to do isn't it though January feels like that every year:( to me anyway? YOU?

6. Love this.
I need to pay attention to today and worry less about what tomorrow might bring.

7. K2 is very sure to tell us he is not a baby anymore........... thats a hard one to swallow can you believe he will be 5!! This year! What!! He is so fun the days he doesn't have school he always says "well its just us again what should we do" I love him.
Love that he is so so aware.
I love that he is sensitive and kind and tells me he loves me so many times a day he warms my heart everyday......
and everyday I thank my Heavenly Father for the gift he is in our family.
a peacemaker for sure.....a calming influence and a special little boy I love spending my days with him....
and he says adorable things like "Jesus makes ears so we can hear, but my ear is plugged and I can't hear! What are we going to do? Let's go to the Dr. " seriously. he just said that.
8.I often times wonder what people are thinking how someone could stray so far from "home" and what they've known, felt and been taught...it sometimes no not sometimes all the time makes me so sad:( I don't understand how someone can feel something, know it so strongly and stray from it even later in life and become so hardened..... surely that isn't happiness, but Satan sure is happy when he can disguise it as such.
It only strengths my will power makes me stronger and makes my prayers longer for me, my children and my husband to be able to make it through this journey, these tests. To make it back unscathed to badly by this swirling world headed for self destruction sooner than later with no values, morals or rightness to it. AND everyday proves that more.
Hold on.
"The face of sin today often wears the mask of tolerance. Do not be deceived; behind that facade is heartache, unhappiness, and pain. You know what is right and what is wrong, and no disguise, however appealing, can change that."
President Thomas S. Monson
9. And this boy let me tell you some days I wonder what kind of mother I am....kind of like this status I put on facebook on sunday;)
"The kids who need the most love will ask for it in the most unloving of ways." {I need to remember that....for ex. when kid C kicks a hole in the wall...... guess he just needs a hug right;) Its going to be a good week!}
He's a good boy, strong, independent and helpful yet as wonderful as those qualities are sometimes they are what cause the greatest frustrations in me and the house some days.... hugs hugs .....we will make it ....he's growing up so fast he gets baptized this year..... HE is destined for great things because he has some hard working Guardian Angels on his side the fact that he's still alive considering three different people saved his life so far thats big!!
We sure love him.....
10. And this girl is growing up to fast....thinks she's a big girl now;)
In the end.....
"I've learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances." ~Martha Washington
So turn a gray day into a happy day:)
Enjoy the journey..
&
Make it count..
3. Lately these beautiful sunsets have me wishing so bad for my early morning summer runs... my very best thinking happens then its good for the soul... you miss it too;)
3. My kids favorite winter meal....these turned out huge but were also a huge hit with the kids and this broccoli soup is the best! GF too:)
{I left out the nutmeg and bay leaves and used skim milk and it turned out super yummy:)
And I have used this recipe for years for the bread bowls
4. I made these cookies the other day and all the kids loved them and said they're a keeper I love it when they say that:)..... though I think they ate the dough just as much as the cookie;) including their dad;)
The best Peanut Butter Cookies found here

5. This looks amazing:) Its called a fitbit found here I need to step it up push myself and not get into a rut..... easy to do isn't it though January feels like that every year:( to me anyway? YOU?

6. Love this.
I need to pay attention to today and worry less about what tomorrow might bring.

7. K2 is very sure to tell us he is not a baby anymore........... thats a hard one to swallow can you believe he will be 5!! This year! What!! He is so fun the days he doesn't have school he always says "well its just us again what should we do" I love him.
Love that he is so so aware.
I love that he is sensitive and kind and tells me he loves me so many times a day he warms my heart everyday......
and everyday I thank my Heavenly Father for the gift he is in our family.
a peacemaker for sure.....a calming influence and a special little boy I love spending my days with him....
8.I often times wonder what people are thinking how someone could stray so far from "home" and what they've known, felt and been taught...it sometimes no not sometimes all the time makes me so sad:( I don't understand how someone can feel something, know it so strongly and stray from it even later in life and become so hardened..... surely that isn't happiness, but Satan sure is happy when he can disguise it as such.
It only strengths my will power makes me stronger and makes my prayers longer for me, my children and my husband to be able to make it through this journey, these tests. To make it back unscathed to badly by this swirling world headed for self destruction sooner than later with no values, morals or rightness to it. AND everyday proves that more.
Hold on.
"The face of sin today often wears the mask of tolerance. Do not be deceived; behind that facade is heartache, unhappiness, and pain. You know what is right and what is wrong, and no disguise, however appealing, can change that."
President Thomas S. Monson
9. And this boy let me tell you some days I wonder what kind of mother I am....kind of like this status I put on facebook on sunday;)
"The kids who need the most love will ask for it in the most unloving of ways." {I need to remember that....for ex. when kid C kicks a hole in the wall...... guess he just needs a hug right;) Its going to be a good week!}
He's a good boy, strong, independent and helpful yet as wonderful as those qualities are sometimes they are what cause the greatest frustrations in me and the house some days.... hugs hugs .....we will make it ....he's growing up so fast he gets baptized this year..... HE is destined for great things because he has some hard working Guardian Angels on his side the fact that he's still alive considering three different people saved his life so far thats big!!
We sure love him.....
10. And this girl is growing up to fast....thinks she's a big girl now;)
In the end.....
"I've learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances." ~Martha Washington
So turn a gray day into a happy day:)
Enjoy the journey..
&
Make it count..



5 comments:
Thanks for the yummy recipes!
Here's to brighter days. January sure has been blah. ; )
I should try that soup in the bowls for my kids. They'd love it!
I'm going to try all of your recipes they look scrumdilicious!!! That will deffinently brighten up my January blues... thanks!
Thanks! I needed that today. I definitely need to turn the gray days into happy days lately. :) I love reading your blog!
oh M! I'm so glad I know him and see the many sides he has. It's crazy how much we all love that kid's personality even when he can put you and D through a lot :)
Post a Comment