Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Our lives matter.


Simplify your life so you have time for the Lord! :)
The Littlest Screw
Author Unknown
There was once upon a time a village that was beautiful and well kept. The people were very proud of their village and loyal citizens. They held a meeting one day to decide what type of monument could be erected on the town square -- a final touch -- something both useful and lovely. They thought for sometime and finally decided to erect a beautiful, impressive clock.
They sent for the best materials -- for they wanted the finest clock they could have. The materials needed should be able to stand all kinds of weather and not tarnish, rust, or warp -- the very finest of clock makers was brought to the town to do the work.
Finally, it was finished and all the people came to see the clock and as each went around the clock looking at the exquisite workmanship, they each commented on the huge, impressiveness of the main spring that made the clock run. And each time something was said about the big spring a little screw located just above the spring wiggled and twisted and in envy said, "I'm not important, I'm not needed. No one notices me." The day went on and more and more people came to see the clock and over and over again the little screw would comment and wiggle and twist and feel very much unnecessary and unhappy. 
Toward the end of the day just as the last few people were viewing the clock, someone made a remark about the main spring. And it was the last straw for the little screw-- it gave a twist and jerk and came right out of its place and as it fell to the base of the clock said, "No one notices me--I'm not important." But when the screw came out, the big main spring also fell out of place. 
You see, the whole clockwork depended on the little screw.
--------------------------------------

This story for me reminds me of the role of mothers, fathers, aunts, brothers, sisters......whatever the roles we play in our families, society, church where ever ......  in what ever stage of life your in. 
No matter what tragedy, heartache or life story your living
It applies to every one of us ..... 
Sometimes our minds tell us we aren't important 
and what we do doesn't matter......
Sometimes it isn't all about us.
Sometimes its stepping out and smiling serving and seeing beyond our own self centered box.....
Sometimes we feel like 
the little things we do don't make any difference 
but THEY do 
and sometimes its easy to push it aside and pretend it doesn't matter 
to be unnoticed, unappreciated, 
taken  for granted, 
sometimes it feels overwhelming everyday, demanding, 
and hard to take that so many little people or big people depend on what we do
whether its running the house, nurturing the children, teaching them training them and hoping its making a difference...
its teaching our children, our families that everyone is important and irreplaceable that their part matters 
their part is apart of what makes us tick 
a piece of the picture that completes us 
that our attitudes, our will and our drive change lives & make lives and make the biggest impact on their future selves.
That can be totally overwhelming some days....
Some days it feels like I don't get anywhere with myself or my children that it was a wasted day and so many wasted moments....wrong choices and the little negative voices tell us we're not important, we're not needed." we failed today....
Yet
sometimes in the quiet moments overheard something clicks someone does something little that shows they get it, they see it and they want to do better ...
OR better yet we realize what an impact we all have on those around us how it changes reactions and actions because of the tone of voice or just being kind ..... it MATTERS and when we take the time to stop and see that...... it changes things, people, and situations it changes something inside and makes us feel like 
WE matter. We do make a difference.
  Sometimes I feel like that little screw and our family together is that big clock working together to make things tick when we realize we are all needed, wanted and important that our part matters it changes things. 
For the better.  
All of us matter we are all intertwined in each others daily lives in some way, either in passing or in our everyday actions, words and deeds they make a huge difference ..... a smile is all it takes sometimes..... a hug over a yell makes all the difference.
Sometimes choosing to bite our tongues rather than say what hurts.... it changes things.
We are all important. 
Remember that.

 my greatest work right here:
I guess its been a big reflection week focusing on whats really important

 because this past week it was my birthday

  I did a little or a lot of reflecting on how I got here to this point in life {of taking bathroom selfies ha ha j/k } and where I/we've been and a whole more in looking forward to what I want to do and be..
and I feel my convictions, my testimony and my faith gets deeper and more ingrained in me with each passing year.... along with a deep love for my Savior and the Atonement...... and for my Heavenly Father 
He loves Us..... He Hears Us.
 I also know I've been blessed through my hardships and trials so far in my life.....they haven't been easy but I'm learning from them
Through the past 16 years of infertility and the ups and downs of adoption 
 they have helped me become who I am,  some years far worse then others but as the years go by they are just apart of my life story,  apart of what makes me but they don't define me....... they make me stronger they give me fight and drive and pushed me to go where I never thought I would or have feelings I never imagined it has
made D and I a stronger couple, 
and one of our greatest aches...... became our greatest joy
  a family in a route we never imagined
I feel so so blessed to have the forever family I do and to be where we are... to see the miracles that took place far before we came into the picture.....there is a bigger plan for each of us than we have any idea about.....
I've been to Ricks College, worked on a charter boat on the ocean , had many jobs in my life, many callings, and  
I have been in the brides room in the Temple 5 times my  
Top five all time spiritual moments in my life   
have all happened in the same place  
all in the temple 
the most peaceful, calm reassurance that there is more than just this life I have felt it and I know it each time I set foot in the temple the most peaceful place on the earth....
I've cried my eyes out more times than I can count and still do sometimes and sometimes more for others having to go through the same pain.....
but I wouldn't change it for the world..... for the children 
that D and I have the privilege of having as our eternal family ....forever.
I have a husband who happens to be my best friend too who loves me, honors me and puts up with me;)  and He gives our children the example of what a family is and what a husband and father should be. 
Through his example to all of us we are stronger and better because of him. I could use a little refining but were all getting there;) with a little help;)
 .............................
Some Christal Realizations.. 


This past year held a lot of growth for me being the primary president the past couple of years taught me a lot about myself and getting out of my comfort zone it was hard for awhile being released and trying to find my place again and be useful..it made me realize we all just need to do the best we can no matter where we serve.

D being made a bishop was a big change in our home the past six months as I've said a before on here but I think I've become stronger though it and am learning a lot more about sympathy, empathy and how we come off to others and in general being more supportive of one another ..... no matter what....but we feel the prayers and the love in our ward too and that is a blessing to our family.

I made a goal of eating right and being strong with it and avoiding the things that make me sick or cause reactions and I also got up many early morning to accomplish my personal goals I set for myself. As frustrating as some days are its satisfying to know that I can do it.

I also had to let some things go and realize sometimes as much as we wish things were different for some that there isn't always anything we can do to change it. If we are doing the best we can then that is what matters most.

I did soccer, PTA and room mom duties the best I could

I watched the kids learn, go and make choices and grow up a little more. We made new memories together. I really think our summer memories and family trips and me and D's getaways are some of my favorite memories in life so far..... the times we are together are my favorite my own little bubble where everything feels just as it should.

Over all it was a good year lots of good memories and ready for a new year, new memories, new goals and a stronger me!
So here's to working on the 39th:)
        ----------------------------------------
etc.
 I got one of my new years projects almost completed I still need dividers but I got all my recipe books organized and separated into three binders this past week I did Breakfasts and Breads in one all in sheet protectors and typed up or printed off....one for Main Dishes and Salads and another for desserts cookies and cakes so much better:) 


" Everything we do matters - nothing is just trivial. It is all profoundly significant, and life is meaningful and full of purpose."

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
-MLKjr

 O U R    L I V E S   M A T T E R.

Have a great week.
Make it count:) 
Slow down..... take the time to see whats right in front of you. 


Thoughts? 

4 comments:

Kristyn said...

I needed this reminder. I'm feeling in a huge rut lately and finding it hard to get out. What I do does matter! (I just have to tell myself that a million times a day!) Love ya.

Regan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rhonda said...

yep. WE matter. Hard to remember sometimes in the day to day of it all!

Lynn said...

" Everything we do matters - nothing is just trivial. It is all profoundly significant, and life is meaningful and full of purpose."

Awesome! Well said. Now if only "I" could remember that at all times and in all places. ; )