Monday, August 4, 2014

{Summer Time}



Okay now its August honestly I'm losing track of time making memories with my family....... crazy how that happens eh. We think we'll have more time as they grow but we become busier each year.  
I'm making more of an effort that the "busy" be with them. Holding them, hugging them, listening to them and helping them along the way all of us learning together.  Probably because I can't stand the thought that they are growing up so fast and I realize that my time is short with them and I want to make the most of it.
Of course some days I'm exhausted, tired of harping, picking up after, listening to the tattling, fighting and name calling...{
I know shocker were normal eh;) } Some days I wonder.......
 if we'll make it through the day... 
we write lines, go to our rooms and apologize with a smile until were happy... take a 5 and a deep breath and carry on.... 
Won't lie Arizona went back to school today and I'm a little Jealous because I like the kids crave and need ROUTINE like no other
we all get grouchy, have long, bad days some days and just need that constant of routine but we have a month left till school starts here and we'll keep on:) 
So what have we been up to:) 

Well last week we went to Nelson, BC with my side of the family and 4 of my siblings a mini reunion minus a sister and her family sad she couldn't be there but was nice to be together with everyone
Long drive but it was nice the kids had a blast with cousins and even got a little relaxation in....
ferry ride, wind and a long drive...
perfect archway and cutest little boy ever

Just relaxing M style



best big brother and cousin ever:)

 grandpa's girl ...fish for breakfast anyone?
  Little Diva's 

another week of memories 
This and That:
Add to that the day after we got home Yard work gone astray Saturday when K and M decided to "play" war and M stuck a stick right through K's lip..... split it through to his teeth and 1.5 hours later in ER...... he has 5 stitches on inside 4 outside it was pretty gross!

Summer is the BEST! Although I've decided I function better in the fall, winter and spring  being hot and sticky only makes me grouchy and irritated..... I don't have AC and my house gets hot..we don't eat much in the summer either;) to hot to bake:)
{though I love to camp, boat, run and hike in it} 
So I guess its a love/hate relationship eh:)

I have my 20th School Reunion this weekend CRAZY that its been 20 hard to believe! Should be fun:) 

Beginning to really realize we'll always feel the same inside, its the outside that decides it wants to do other things;) 
Good On The Inside
Life is SHORT enjoy it:) make right choices and be happy:)
  
Have a Great Week:)

5 comments:

Katelyn said...

Poor k! I would not have handled that very well.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Hope K is doing better now. That's some serious set of stitches!
-Lynn

Anonymous said...

I totally love fall, winter and spring too. Summer is really not for me.
-Kim H.

Nikki said...

We're the same way with needing routine. I'm feeling really done with summer at the moment.

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

that is a crazy story about K!
Glad it's over and done with and he's on the mend now.
It's your 20th reunion - so much fun!
See you on your float :)