Thursday, January 10, 2008

{ Happy Birthday }

To Me-- 32 years old today!!! Wow thats getting up there eh. I dont' feel anywhere near that but since its thursday and I'm thankful for having 32 years to live-- here are thirty two things I'm grateful for :

This is me at 6 months












  1. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and being born into a family that has the gospel and lives it.I'm thankful I had lots of friends growing up, good teachers and lived in lots of towns all over BC so I know alot of different people!


  2. Being the oldest and having 5 great brother and sisters to share my growing up years with and now. Especially for my sister Dawna who is always there for me and great to talk to and fun and understanding, we have alot in common think the same you know how you love all your siblings the same, but some you get along with better then others well she's it!


  3. A mother who was always there always reading books or scriptures alone or with us or writing in her journal. I'm thankful for her example above all in raising us and trusting us.


  4. For mom staying up late to wait for us when we were out, talking to us about it and always telling us she loved us.


  5. Being able to go to Ricks College in '95-'96 (even with a 15 on the A.C.T) would never happen in todays world. Not something I'm proud of but none the less got to go to college.


  6. For meeting Darren there (even though we are from the same town and I knew who he was but he didn't know me!)


  7. I had oppurtunities to sing and act growing up haven't done it for a long time but it was fun.


  8. Had lots of boyfriends my dad hated (he hated everyone boyfriends good or bad and pretty much most of my friends right girls!!) He's changed and mellowed out over the years but it was fun.


  9. Had the oppurtunity to work one summer on my dads fishing charter boat as the cook, cleaner and fished alot in the ocean as much as I hated it I learned alot how to cook entertain people and got to know my dad better in a different setting.


  10. For fininshing high school in cardston going to school across from the Temple was amazing to me when I moved to Cardston loved going there, still do.


  11. I got married on MAY 2,1997 in the Cardston Temple to my best friend D.


  12. Grateful to have worked in the elementary schools with children preschool to grade 3 was hard and challenging most years for 7 years but learned alot and have more compassion for those poor children growing up in horrible circumstances breaks my heart.


  13. Thankful we had the oppurtunity for 2 years in 1998-2000 to attend USU and learn what it means to be a poor starving working student and me the spouse to get my PHT degree from USU ( PUTTING HIM THROUGH)


  14. Worked some horrible jobs in Logan but I learned what I did and did not like.


  15. Loved working at Anderson Seed and Garden in Logan learned about gardening seeds and lawns worked with really fun people and enjoyed my time there.


  16. I'm so thankful I got to work at the Child Development Center at IHC in Logan because there I learned I could take anyone of those babies home and love them as my own (When I knew for sure I could adopt and knew that is how we were going to be able to have an eternal family) FYI :People who worked at the hospital dropped their kids at the CDC from 6 weeks old to school aged. It broke my heart to see these little babies there everyday growing up with daycare workers 6-6 --I know some people have to do it but it still broke my heart and taught me alot.


  17. I'm not thankful for our trial of Infertility but I am because through the tears, frusturation, monthly disappointment, failed treatments, jeoulousy, we grew closer together as a couple and in turn I think made us better parents.


  18. Thankful for LDS FAMILY SERVICES .


  19. For a beautiful young birthmother TANYA.


  20. For DECEMBER 20th , 2001 when KOLTEN was born.
  21. D doing a masters and move to the cold cold north UOF S in saskatoon SK in 2002-2003.


  22. We worked as managers for boardwalk properties in our highrise there not my favorite job thats for sure but helped make ends meet in Saskatoon met good friends there and learned how cold it really could get!


  23. So thankful for another wonderful birthmother NICOLE who choose our family.


  24. For AUGUST 15, 2004 Lauren Summer came to our home.


  25. Thankful that I got to work with the YW in our ward from '03-'04 love them!


  26. Grateful I 've got to go to PEI with D in 2005 awesome trip, got to go to GERMANY with my mom in 2006 loved it and can't wait to travel everywhere else its addicting I want to go so many places.


  27. Thankful for CHELSIE another wonderful birthmother out there!!


  28. For MAY 14, 2006 Birth of MASEN DAYLEY;


  29. For the privledge of going to the TEMPLE with each on to be sealed together forever. Feeling and experiences that mean more to me then I know how to even but in words.


  30. Grateful for the learning oppurtunity of living in Florida with bugs, heat and alligators. Being able to go and see all we did on the way down and while there and on the way back.


  31. Thankful for all I have. health, children, a wonderful husband who works hard love me loves our kids loves his job and fullfills his calling. I'm thankful for my other favorite things my treadmill, books, scrapbooking, my home vechiles so ya pretty much just thankful for my life.
  32. I'm happy and hope this next yearbrings even more great memories and life experiences. I 'm one blessed chick!

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You've had 32 great years, and I wish you many, many more!

The heat, bugs, and gators are all still here if you want to make a trip back to the Sunshine State. :-) We'd be glad to have you stay with us.

Kayli said...

Awww--Happy birthday! I hope you have an awesome day!

Yay for USU--the greatest school ever to be married at.
Yay for the wonderful Cardston (where I was born) and the beautiful temple that I've been to with my honey.
Yay for the Logan IHC where Jethro was born (though I don't know if you worked at actual hospital).

Anyway, that was a fun post. Party hard today!

Lynn said...

FUN list! Thanks! What an awesome way to get to know you. My My My......so much has happened since you were born. Love your baby pic. You just seem to laugh right on through your trials and all. Way to go. Happy birthday. Here's to 32 + years more.

T. Lopez said...

its your birthday, shake your booty...
Hope you're havin' a fabulous day! You deserve it!!!
Love the post, love the picture, love you!

PS--I put a few pic's of you on my blog, check 'em out!!

Amanda said...

Happy birthday to you. I also just wanted to thank you for your comment on my blog. It continues to amaze me how adoption brings so many of us together.

Unknown said...

Thankful for YOU making me BAWL today with your list. Lemme know when everything is done and ready to go, I'll add you to the list...I have a few friends up there in Canada. HUGS and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

ec said...

you are one blessed chick.

i love your thankful thursdays...

The Johnston's said...

Wow! Happy Birthday. I learned a lot about you reading these. Thank you! Oh, and my second son (xander), his birthday is the day after yours! Exciting! Congrats and I'm glad to hear that you had a good one.