
LOOKING BACK at 2009
I got to Bath a brand new baby for the first time just after he was born and I got to see him smell him, feed him, love him his first night in the hospital,
and bring him home the next day, we've never
our other children! Sweet little K2!!
AND then Taking that same sweet baby in for a CT scan five months later-- scary, and going on a cruise, and building the basement from framed/cement to finish -- we survived
My new year’s resolution is the same one it is every year spend quality time with my children and family, keep up with exercise, read my scriptures, prayers and temple attendance.... all of which was a little harder adjusting to four kids but is getting back on track.
AND will be awesome this year!
3. 3.Did anyone close to you give birth? Any weddings?
My sil Katelyn to studly little Spencer, my sister Holli to beautiful Malia, and my brother and sil to another beautiful niece Peyton in April!
As for Weddings wow did we ever my youngest two siblings got married this year and D's sister in the summer,
and my "little" brother in October
and Allison {to Brady} in June! Crazy wedding year!!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
We had a friend Lori die of cancer earlier this year, she was young and left a husband and two small children. We had D’s uncle die last month too,
5. What places have you visited?
We went to the Bahamas on a cruise, to the Florida keys, Miami and to Utah this summer, two watersking trips this summer to the lake! A good year and lots of memories!
ahhh relaxation!
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Some fun family trips with just our kids, lots more family memories, a new waterski boat lol!!!And of course to get in better shaped and more toned up!!
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched in your memory and why?
July 2nd the day K2 was born and probably the day we were told we were chosen to be his parents, and meeting his amazing birth parents and the feelings that went along with it feeling it was so right, and that we had met them somewhere before.
Then the day we were told K2 has {INS} Infantile Nystagmus Syndrome.
Discouraging day.
FYI for those of you who would like to fast along with us on the first
and of course being sealed on Dec 23rd to K2 and K's baptism!! Big events!!
8. What was your biggest achievement this year? 
Juggling everything lol!!
{thank goodness we don't' have a dog ha ha!!}
Getting away together to the Bahamas! That was a biggie if you know D!! Me I would be travelling the world if I had the money & time lol!! Shooting for when I'm old!
Not really my achievement but we did work together but all the work to finish the basement and all the work in the yard it’s so almost done and it will be amazing when it’s all the way done!
On a doesn’t really matter scale I made some doggie cupcakes for M’s birthday that turned out awesome well he loved them anyway and I was pretty excited they turned out!
And M finally being Potty Trained!!!! and having a second grader and a kindergartner where does the time go!
9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, but K got stitches on his head when he slipped on the ice at school, 
10. What was the best thing you bought?
The best thing we bought this year would have to be just all that made the basement what it is cause D did an amazing job! And the Moby wrap for K2 thanks Jodi love it!!
11. Where did most of your money go?
Basement and yard, K2 {sensing a pattern here for 2009}….
12. What song will always remind you of 2009?
I run to you.... lady antebellum, and I gotta feeling .....black eyed peas and ??
can't think of any more right now??
13. What do you wish you would have done more of?
After K2 came into the family it was harder to find me time, time to get on my treadmill or get up early but oh so worth it!!! SO I am excited to get back going into routine everyday!!
14. What do you wish you would have done less of?
Probably computer time and more time on the ground with the kids…. we are Doing better though..
15. What was your favorite TV program?
Loved Biggest Loser this was the first year we got it on our peasant vision tv! We love CSI Miami and Vegas, American Idol and I watch 90210 and D is a 24/flashpoint fan
16. What was the best book you read this year?
Loved the Karen Kingsbury books so good and easy clean reads,
17. What was your favorite film of the year?
Blind side …..by far! love loved it!! If you haven't seen it go!!!
18. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I turned 33 this year had a fun birthday and lots of great cards and thoughts and love from everyone, pretty much what makes a birthday when we get so old eh!! {yes that means I'll be 34!! In a couple of weeks crazy!!!}
19. What political issue stirred you the most?
Obama.…{watching what an “obamaination he is, more like it}
H1N1-seriously blown way out....something didn't and doesn't add up!!
20. Who was the best new person you met?
K2
[and those because of him}
And I got to meet a beautiful blogger friend in real life… Lynn
21. Craziest things your kids said or did??
When L brought home a dead mouse like it was a lady bug or something ! YUCK!!
She loves to quote movies its kind of funny most of the time!
And just our year with the busy busy M probably a year I will never forget!! love that kid!! Love all my kids but this one gives me a run for my life or was that his?? ha ha! j/k!
How can you not love this cute feisty face eh!!
22. A reoccurring theme over the past year?
Learning that the most important things in life aren’t things that life is made up of so many important memories and moments, and that TIME is one of the most important things too!To make everyday and every moment count!
And most of all to find JOY in the journey.
23. One of My favorite Quotes of the year
You are the person who has to decide.
Whether you’ll do it or toss it aside;
You are the person who makes up your mind.
Whether you’ll lead or will linger behind.
Whether you’ll try for the goal that’s afar.
Or just be contented to stay where you are.
-anon
SO HERE'S TO A HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010!
To Miracles, Happiness, Peace and Believing...
What a DECADE!
*graphic at top Heidi Swapp



8 comments:
I answered these same questions today. So fun seeing all your answers. Happy 2010!! Love you sweet blogging friend!
That was fun to read. What an awesome year you've had. Great times and wonderful memories. I hope 2010 is even BETTER. It totally would if we could ever meet IRL. That is one of my goals. he he. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
So cool! I was just going to create a year in review post. I think I will just use your questions. Great idea! Hope you don't mind.
No. 7 -- I will I will!!! For sure.. I will be fasting with you.
No. 20 -- Awwww......to be rated right up there with K2. How cool is that! : D Well.....I am assuming I am the Lynn you are referring to. LOL! Seriously. Thank you. I loved meeting you too.
What a fun post to read. 2009 is going to be hard to beat....I still can't believe you, Jill, and I all got babies this last year. What a wonderful and blessed year it was. Happy New Year!!!
So fun!!! It's been fun getting to know you and your family through your blog this last year. I need to tell you that I needed to see that quote...I think I need to have that as my theme for this next year!!! :)
Happy New Year, yep you had a busy, fun, and fabulous 2009!
I love this! Might have to do it. You have had an amazing year! Hope 2010 is great 4 u!
Can't believe L brought a mouse home, I am TERRIFIED of mice. I would have freaked out. Hope you have a great 2010. Love you all:)
Post a Comment