Thursday, January 7, 2010

{Thankful Thursday...}

"A happy home is but an earlier heaven. President George Albert Smith asked, 'Do we want our homes to be happy? If we do, let them be the abiding place of prayer, thanksgiving and gratitude"
-------------------
I AM Thankful for:
...for snow tires and not having got stuck this winter
and
..heat we finally got the furnace fixed {hopefully} its been cold! we do have the fireplace upstairs
THANKFUL...
...for school the kids are much calmer this week
...for life. each and every wonderful. horrible. beautiful. hard. successful. disappointing. joyful. trying. moment. of. it.
cause it means I'm here doing what I was sent to be doing.
to.be.tested.
and what a test it is some days!
But I'm thankful to be where I am now.

Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

Jennie said...

I totally needed that Toddler quote!!!
Thank you!

Lynn said...

I have the SAME new shoes! (Only in pink trim, from Santa...Sport chek sale, right?) and I can't wait either for Spring so I can run again OUTSIDE! Maybe I'll run into you sometime. LOL!

And I am so envious that you will be in Salt Lake. I miss it already. You will have SO much fun, I know it!

P.S. Love your thankful list in pics. A pictures says a thousand words. Hugs!

The Lowry's said...

I too love that toddler quote. Such good advice. I love how you wrote the last part with periods inbetween each word. It makes you really ponder/contemplate on each word. It is so true, some time things are hard, moments in life are trying, but despite everything I too am thankful to be where I am right now. I wouldn't want it any other way. Yikes, not a great time to have a furnace not working and plus your furnace is too new to be breaking down. Not fun.
It was also good to see Kolten again yesterday. I love his smile. Its contagious.

Tiffany said...

LOVED every word and picture...thanks again girl.

Holly said...

I LOVE that quote... SO TRUE! And boy did I ever need the reminder... I have some naughty kids lately! SO I guess that I need to be nicer too! ha! ;) WHen do you come to SLC? Maybe I could FINALLY meet you! ;)

Judy said...

Again.....thanks! Thanks for helping me pull myself out of my RUT!!!!!!! You are amazing!

DJ said...

I need that toddler quote pasted on my forehead, hand, fridge, mirror, doors, Kinlee's head, everywhere--great reminder. Thx!
Also appreciating your picture post of prayer, scriptures, the "My Child" sketch, and symbolism for Springtime. I need, love and look forward those as well.
Have a happy wknd!!
iloveyou :)

Mandy said...

We're going to SLC in the summer too! I am so excited! We are going for our first ever family vacation. Sad, but true.

Betsy said...

Good things to think about today, Christal! I hope you're having a good weekend. I'm so glad it is Saturday & my first week back to reality is behind me. :)

Love your thankful attitude!

JANEAL said...

Love the toddler quote....I definitely need to hang that somewhere I can see it often. When are you coming to SLC? Maybe if you have time we could meet up.

Christal said...

Janeal and Holly that would be so fun I'm not sure yet the dates D hasn't got it all figured out but I will plan on it and hopefully you'll be around too!! That would be awesome finally eh!

Christine Dallimore said...

I just love your posts. So sweet and full of your beautiful heart. Thanks so much for sharing!!!