Thursday, January 28, 2010

{ Thankful Thursday...}

One of my favorite hymns is "Count Your Many Blessings" and today it came to mind a lot.
Because a lot are "tempest tossed" and reading and a hearing about them makes me count 
every. one. of. my. blessings...

Read here -this always puts life into perspective for me. She.is.amazing. AND
Read here - love her she makes me stop and think what is really important and what trivial things we worry about that don't matter in the long run. 
WE ARE SO BLESSED MUCH MORE THEN OVER HALF THE POPULATION OF THE WORLD and we still think we have it so hard....on a good day...

SO

When upon life’s billows you are tempest tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.


Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God hath done!
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.
Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly,
And you will keep singing as the days go by.

Refrain

When you look at others with their lands and gold,
Think that Christ has promised you His wealth untold;
Count your many blessings. Wealth can never buy
Your reward in heaven, nor your home on high.

Refrain

So, amid the conflict whether great or small,
Do not be disheartened, God is over all;
Count your many blessings, angels will attend,
Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end. 

 one by one...


Everyday I say my prayers and thank my Heavenly Father for the privilege of living where I do. what made me so lucky to be here where I am at this time? 
I thank Him for a roof over my head and food to eat. 
For my extended family,
{this picture is like five years old and missing probably about as many as are in this picture now ha ha}
and for the family I was born too.
{these are  like 5 years old too I think we need some updated pics in our families!}
and for Each day that I get to be here. Learning growing and achieving.
For friends that come into our lives and wonder what we ever did without them. They are blessings.
I thank Him for each one of my children who are the biggest miracles and blessings of my life. 
Once upon a time I didn't think we'd ever be so lucky to have any children after watching others over and over again having there little babies, 
and hurting, praying, crying, pleading, waiting
for these long awaited gifts that just needed a big detour to get to where they are now. I feel blessed and can't imagine our lives without each of them. And I wouldn't want it any other way.
I thank my Heavenly Father for my children's birth parents for having the courage, strength and faith to follow their hearts and listen to the spirit. 
Cause without those things these blessings couldn't/wouldn't be ours.
I count my blessings. and I SEE what God has done.
Just by looking around. 
Everyday.in.my.life.
Life is good, find the positive in everyday.
and count your many blessings along the way...

6 comments:

Mindi said...

I got those quotes off of desertbook.com under the 'magnet' search!

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

families are pretty much the best.
I'm really trying hard to not complain about anything - we have it so good.
The hymn is right, if we just count our blessings, one at a time, we'll realize all that God has given us.

Lynn said...

I love that Hymn. What a great reminder for us all.

Your little family AND your extended family are so cute. You all haven't changed that much in 5 years. Seriously. Well.....except like you said maybe in numbers.

Have GREAT weekend Christal!

I have a funny feeling that we'll be singing that Hymn this Sunday. I will think of you when we do. ; D

Katelyn said...

I guess it's time for another family picture eh. This was good for me to read today. Sometimes we forget how blessed we are. thanks.

Betsy said...

That is one of my favorite hymns! And I need to bring it to mind more. We are both so very blessed!!

Christine Dallimore said...

Ahhhh- That is a very fabulous post Christal- LOVE IT!!!