Monday, September 13, 2010

{ Random thoughts by Me}


 What a long week!  of Craziness and back to routine, schedule and running here and there! Meetings, parent council and places to be..... 
Besides D busy with work and staining our deck and fence which K helped with and I would have but as it goes kids need fed, napped and shopping still needs done...but its getting there. I went to my first Bunko night Thursday I was so tired, they probably all thought there was something wrong with me.... I was a little slow but I did end up with the most bunko's and a nice picture frame by the time I left...
So back to schedules routine and running around...
I don't believe in putting my kids in everything just a couple each usually so they have time to be kids and run and play... its hard on me rushing them after school to hurry hurry hurry just so they can run off to the next thing after being in school all day long! I can't imagine how tiring it is for them no matter how much they enjoy whatever it is!  I think besides the important things like cubs and someday achievement days....they should be in something that helps them grow and find their talents... like piano or dance whatever it maybe. So they can find there niche or what they are good at!
L is trying Clogging and they are both in a bball camp we'll see how it goes
K will be start piano next month once he gets used to gr.3 which compared to last year is keeping him plenty busy with homework and extras. But all are doing great so far, M loves preschool and took the bus for the first time this morning i was a little nervous but thankfully he has a great older brother who helps him out!
and I'm enjoying spending time with K2 who loves to be read too, he always brings me books and plays the piano everyday eh loves it!! He loves to make lots of messes too and makes me laugh he always says mom mom mom mom and I'll repeat it right after him back and forth then he laughs its the cutest thing!!! He loves to copy words and is just so fun! 
------------------------------------------

ME THINKS

No matter where we go in life we meet people 
people from every walk of life 
people we get along with 
people that annoy us 
people that say the rudest things without thinking how it comes off 
people that come from who knows where
people who have been abused, sick, hurt
peoplewho have overcome more than we ever will know
people that come into our lives to help us understand more deeply
people that talk to much
people that make us count our blessings
people that have made sacrifices, more than we will ever know
accomplished people
people that serve beyond what we ever think is possible
people that act like everyone owes them a living
people that give all the time
people that are suffering
people that have suffered 
sometimes we are friends with people and have no idea what they have been through...
sometimes we have to put ourselves in others shoes to see ourselves  more clearly, to help us understand that part of ourselves that maybe we didn't even understand or listen too, to learn and grow 
and to help us all understand each other.
I watched this i know this person watched her kids, have had fun talks with her and love seeing her every once in awhile she is fun, spunky, accomplished and smart.
and I had no idea how far she had come. 
I watched it and I cried.
Because I HAD no idea.
Because I think there are so many who are quick to judge and walk away from someone just because they are different or are perceived as different. According to who?? You?? Me??
But those are the kind of people that teach us the greatest lessons life has to offer because they have been there whatever ""there"  may be.
We could learn so much from them. If we took the time.
None of us is better than the other, some just think they are.
We learn from other people, we are here to be tested some of us way more than others.{Some test us way more than others ;)}
But those are the people that sometimes make us look at ourselves and evaluate where we are headed and our own thoughts and feelings and personal struggles.
It amazes me to hear others stories. Because when it comes down to it its all the lives around us that help us to be what we are.
For better or worse its all in the attitude, choices and a little empathy & understanding would help us all.
---------------------------------------
AND
  where were you on September 11th 2001??
  I wanted to do a post that day but didn't make it. Its one of those dates we will remember forever. 
I was living in an apartment D and I were getting ready for work.. no kids yet, getting ready for work at the elementary school  we were listening to the radio heard it ran and turned on the tv and 
watched over and over again as those buildings came down 
as smoke
dust and people
ran away those that could in what looked like an unreal movie seen. 
I bawled
and wondered what made people do that. 
I went to work and we all took turns watching the day play out on cnn. over and over again those images played all day long. 
and it is the day I always know where I was and what I was doing. 
I cried alot I couldn't imagine how a person could get to that point and how evil and calculated it was.  and What a world  we live in. What people. 
What kind of PEOPLE ARE WE??
Where were you? 

6 comments:

Judy said...

Loved your me thinks.....as always. I was home. I walked out into the family room and Stacy was STARING at the tv. I asked her what was wrong, and she couldn't even talk. I thought I was watching a movie. It was so sureal. I had to go to town and buy Stacy a Birthday gift, and it was so quiet in town. People didn't speak. People were in tears. I walked around like I was in a fog. I cried. All I could think about was the families of the victims. I will never forget......

whitney said...

Cute wreath on your front door! Hey, can we for real borrow that yellow one you had up this summer for my sister's wedding?
I can't believe how big K2 is getting - and that he is talking more than Finn! That kid stresses me out with his refusing to talk.

Lynn said...

I love your photo mosaics. Gorgeous. K2 is getting so big. Can't believe I still haven't met him in person yet. I should of gone out to the truck to meet all your kids that last time I saw you at the Beehive clothing store.
Someday soon again. ; D

I am with Judy. Love your me thinks.

I was doing laundry.. folding clothes upstairs. D was downstairs in home office. Had the small TV on while working. Ran upstairs and told me to turn the TV on. I was stunned. It was so hard to believe that I wasn't just watching a movie.

My kids were watching a documentary on it the other night after school. I turned to the second youngest and asked him if they even remembered that day at all. They were so young. Surprisingly he said yes! I didn't think I had them in the room that often (thought it was too horrible for them to watch). But it goes to show you the power of a memory. Because he remembered it. He was only 5.

Mindi said...

I had just gotten off the night shift at the Lodge, went to bed and mom ran in and got me up to come watch the news. I had maybe been in bed 10 minutes. I saw the 2nd plane hit while watching. It was brutal. I couldn't go to sleep after that, and had another night shift to work that night. Who can sleep after seeing that?
Crazy thing is, my future husband was serving his mission and was right in the thick of it, New York City. Crazy!

Jocelyn said...

I was due that day with my first baby. I woke up and was sure it would be the best day of my life. I got breakfast and turned on the t.v. I thought, "What a sick sick movie! Then I changed the channel several times before I realized it was true. As I watched the 2nd plane hit the WTC I said a prayer that my baby would not be born that day. I am grateful for the answer to prayers that he was not.

Carrie said...

Love your fall decorations! It totally inspired me to get some too. Now I have a cute pumpkin/vase combo in my front entry, a beautiful wreath on my front door with some adorable scarecrows nearby, and a few other smaller decorations around the house. Makes me excited for the fall season, and for things like leaves changing colors, hot chocolate on a cool evening, etc. Thanks for the inspiration :)