I am so THANKFUL for thrift and others garbage ha ha.....
this came from a reuse center for free, we got a dresser from the dump an old antique which will go in L's room too when it is finished! I'm thankful for the ideas on the internet and for my amazing sil Katelyn for introducing me to free furniture and seeing that its not hard to redo things a little time, sanding and patience even if its not perfect its worth it! D did most of the work but it was a fun project for the both of us to work on together.
still looking for an old chair to redo and an old mirrior for now I found a damaged cork board and an old frame we sprayed need a lamp and then we might be finished we'll see how long that takes me!
-------------------------------
I'm thankful for this little man in our lives he is such a joy and is growing up way to fast!! I want another one just like him!!
I am thankful for
cause those moments make up the milestones and all its life lessons along the way that get us to today.
There are so many heartaches, disappointments and hurt in life but if we let them run us eat us from the inside out it doesn't do us any good or those around us.
I watch the news and half of what is on there is garbage, sick twisted messed up stuff. It makes me more than ever thankful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ, for the power of prayer, the plan of salvation and for my forever family, for being a member of the LDS church a blessing beyond all because it is who I am,
and for each one I am so so thankful.
I AM
Thankful to be born where i was to the family i was to the country i was. To have the children i do the husband I do and the friends i do and the community I am apart of.
Even our hardest days don't compare to what some are going through in other parts of the world or the neighborhood over.
Its all about gratitude. for what we have and have been given, good or bad.
How you take it, them make it makes all the difference its only up to one person. you.
"Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world." -John Milton
create some moments worth remembering....







7 comments:
Love the redo pics! I have a few ideas of my own to tackle... I just have to "bite the brave bullet" and DO them, I guess :)
Cute pics of K2! Love the quotes!
Thanks for sharing. Happy Thursday!
Cute dresser - looks so good! Me and my mom just did one for Luke's room, now for Summer's... take's time but you're right it's so worth it!
I've seen Katelyn's redos and I can see that you have her talent, as well. LOVE the redone antique dresser. I am So into Vintage stuff. That will be so perfect for L and maybe have to pass on down through another generation or so. So darn cute! Love the hardware you chose too.
Have a great weekend Christal! Hope your little niece is still fighting on through charmingly! ; D
The desk is done! I have been anticipating that. It looks great, seriously! I love the hardware you chose.
Love the new banner too, I can see you are getting lots of good use from picasa :)
I always love your posts. Thanks for the good thoughts, I especially liked "or the neighborhood over" part. So true. Love you. Come visit eh!
Great job on your furniture makeover! Turned out great! I would love to do that. Your talent never ends!
Little K2 is a charmer! Love him!
And I LOVE your back to school post! Your kids are so adorable. Such a fun fashion show, cowboy hat and all! Kids DO grow WAY too fast! (sniff sniff!)
And I LOVE the picture of you reading The Kissing Hand to your kids. Adorable! What a CUTE mom you are! Here's the link to the cookie cutter I bought from Amazon. Sorry it's not in time for this year!
http://www.amazon.com/Cookie-Cutter-Shower-Party-Favors/dp/B000H26DN4/ref=tag_dpp_lp_edpp_ttl_in
love the furniture and K2 is growing like a weed!
I la la love what you did to that desk!! SO adorable, very creative you are indeed. Keep the comments coming- I LOVE it xx
Post a Comment