Thursday, September 16, 2010

{Thankful Thursday...}

sometimes in life there are so many why's so many unanswered questions
so many things I want to know but haven't got a clue about ?
so many tests or trials that take patience, understanding, and hard work to get them or get through them.
Too much to think about sometimes.
There are so many people suffering in big ways, little ways and unseen ways and so many people who are angels who come right at the right time when you need them most. There are a few people in this life, in my life, that are constants who see a need and act on it.
i am so thankful for those people.
I am thankful for strength, health and happiness,and family
I am thankful
for eyes that see
arms that fold
knees that bend
ears that hear
and prayers that are answered
not always the way we think or want
but the calmness, the tiny reassurance that all is well
To say one and feel that peace.
I am thankful for that feeling.
----------------------------------------
I am thankful for QUOTES like this one

"Whatever lies behind us and whatever lies in front of us are but tiny matters in comparison to what lies within us."
I love quotes that make me think and makes me what to do better and be better.
we are powerful girls--we have the power to change any situation that comes to us.
we have choices. we have feelings. we have strength. we have determination.
sometimes its hard to dig it up and out, but its actually overwhelming to think what we really can do in any given situation. how we can change any situation....
its all in how we take it, use it and apply it.
--------------------
So I guess some things aren't worth wondering why
they just are.
but it still doesn't help things
- does it.
I guess it's being grateful for the blessings that fill our "buckets"{lives} and not worrying about the ones missing outside of it...hard as it may seem sometimes...they seem to be the ones that we can't reach or achieve on our own or that don't belong to us...some things come with time..and its never on our time line...that I am learning...
----------------------
I'm thankful for my extended family... D's fam {we got pics done in july and just got some of them back} my family,{if I had a current pic I'd put it up of my fam too but I only have really outdated ones} all of them...... each one has different gifts, talents, and trials but each one teaches me something every day month and year. 
I am so thankful for my families.
For eternal families and the chance to be together forever.
----------------------------------
 Have to pass this funny story on judging...... love it gave me something to think about...

"I was shocked, confused, bewildered as I entered Heaven's door....not by the beauty of it all, nor the lights or its decor. But it was the folks in Heaven who made me sputter and gasp-- The thieves, the liars, the sinners, the alcoholics and the trash. There stood the kid from seventh grade who swiped my lunch money twice. Next to him was my old neighbor who never said anything nice. Herb, who I always thought was rotting away, was sitting pretty on cloud nine looking incredibly well. I nudged Jesus, 'What's the deal? I would love to hear Your take. How'd all these sinners get up here? God must've made a mistake. And why is everyone so quiet? Give me a clue.' 'Hush, child,' He said, 'they're all in shock. No one thought they'd be seeing you.'
JUDGE NOT!! Remember... just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a car. 
Every saint has a PAST... Every sinner has a FUTURE!"
- Anonymous
 {thanks kristin}
-------------------------------------------------
Have a great weekend....  
{india Updates here}

4 comments:

Lynn said...

HA HA. I love that funny story. My 89 yr. old grandma memorized that when she first heard it and repeats it often. (She tends to forget now that it's not the first time she's told the story. lol) But we are so grateful for our dear grandma and her quiet and funny subtle ways to remind us all! ; D

Love D's family photo. I actually recognize a lot more people in it this year. ha ha.

Jill said...

Christal-I just had to say I made the pumpkin chocolate chip muffins you posted the recipe for-they are soooooo good so thanks! and i am making the herb crock pot potatoes today for dinner. so thanks for the inspiration. and i love the family pic!

Christal said...

so glad you liked them jill!! so good eh!!!

Jocelyn said...

I love the story! Gave me a good laugh.