....Goes by so fast hard to believe! December gets so ridiculously busy.We've had a crazy few days running here and there...
We had D's work party..... bowling and Chinese.... which he planned {don't ask why lol} the same night as our town old fashioned Christmas party which we've been to for like 8 years in a row the kids were so sad but thankfully my sister D took two and our babysitters family took the other two! THANK YOU girls!
He also planned it on the same night as a party we go to that happens every year at the same place and time for the last 3 years! Needless to say he won't be doing that next year ha ha! But we did make it to that and it was a lot of fun too and nice to get out for the night.
Last night we had fun playing games with D's family, santa came for the kids and had fun just talking playing and seeing some we hadn't in awhile.
We also started our book Advent Christmas countdown and the kids are loving unwrapping a present a day and seeing what we are going to do Saturday we did a snowman craft the kids did awesome and loved it...
{keep in mind it was Saturday ha ha}
----------------------------
Just have to share these pictures of K2 he is such a helper
-he knows what drawer things go in the big drawer is for all our plastics I gave up trying to keep it organized because the kids can reach it K2 plays in it and its easy to unload the dishwasher!
-he cleans up more than any of the other kids, unloads the dishwasher its the cutest thing you ever saw!
-He also learned how to sign "more" which to us and him means he is hungry or wants more food or wants something food wise it is so fun and melts my heart to see him sharing his thoughts with us and communicating....I just love this kid
-he also runs full tilt after nap if somebody else gets him out he runs with a hug smile right into my arms I love it!
-if he wants somebody to pick him up he goes backwards bum down and like tries to almost sit down while move his sholders to tell you he wants up!
-he does say up and good mom and dad but not much else
He is just the cutest calmest happiest sleepiest baby ever!! We are so blessed that he is part of our lives.
-Next week we have a checkup appointment for his eyes he has gotten so much better and hopefully all will be good so keep him in your prayers!
-----------------------
{this was in 2007}
Sadly.... but not so sadly....an answer to our whole families prayers last Sunday asking Heavenly Father to take her home and relieve her of her pain... D's grandma finally passed away Saturday night, she hasn't remembered anybody for almost a year now so its been a sad long time for her and we are happy she is with grandpa now and look forward to a time when we see her again. So we are headed to Idaho this week for the funeral...
We sure will miss her she was one of those people who were beautiful inside and out & sincere to the core, lived a long, beautiful life had seven kids, a hard working loving father and is leaving a great legacy to all those lives she has touched we sure love her!
{she always made you feel so welcome and would feed you till you were stuffed, has a beautiful old homestead and lots of family, grandkids friends that will greatly miss her!}
---------------------------------------------------
our favorite
Christmas treat recipe
Candy Cane Popcorn
24 cups of popcorn
3 cups melted white chocolate wafers
2 cups crushed fine candy canes
pop popcorn, pour white chocolate over, mix in candy cane evenly mix good, separate and lay out on cookie sheets but in fridge for 1/2 hour till harden put in air tight containers and try not to eat it all in one day :)
-------------------------------------------------
Me Thinks
Yesterday I headed to town to do some Christmas shopping the longer I was there the more frustrated I got with people, with lines, with the waste of money for toys and whatever. I kept thinking this is NOT Christmas. I can't believe how much Christmas has become such a commercialized holiday. How feeling frustrated with what I was doing wasn't isn't what its all about..
we have a list and somehow it just keeps growing no matter what you do sometimes. Stupid toys they don't care about a week later. I felt like the whole time why am I doing this.
I thought.... Christmas is what?
Christmas is celebrating Christ's birth. plain and simple.
complex and beautiful as it is.
my favorite time of the Christmas season is Christmas eve together as a family, celebrating the true meaning of it, reading the Christmas story watching the kids dress up for the nativity and the excitement of the anticipation of the next morning.....
Christmas is joy...
joy is watching your childrens faces when they give of themselves to those who don't have anything....and realize that that is what it is all about....
joy is the feeling of pixing someone's door and leaving goodies
shoveling ones walk when they are snowed in
feeling love of neighbors, friends and loved ones.
Singing carols.
serving.
the FEELING of Christmas is where it is. the heart of it. what it is.
I haven't missed Christmas at home in any year of my life.
I love the memories of each Christmas, the simplicity of it, the fun music of Christmas, the big Norwegian breakfast I eat one thing of,
the feeling that the whole world is on one page. one feeling, one purpose.
Christmas is LOVE.
{"blessed it the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love"}
What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace.
-Agnes M Pharo
it isn't about the presents it isn't about waiting in line, listening to cranky people, or who can spend the most and give the best gifts...
"Blessed are those that give without remembering and receive without forgetting."
--------------------------------------------------
one CRY
awakened the world
one BIRTH
changed history
one LIFE
made all the difference....
Have a great week.
slow down. don't worry about what doesn't matter.
in the end it won't matter
"The true Christmas spirit is never found in the surfeit of things. It is less obvious in arrival and more lasting in impact."
Thomas S Monson.






7 comments:
Thanks for the wonderful thoughts! I have been feeling a bit grinchy this year because I dislike the commercialism of Christmas. And not everyone can spend a ton of money on things that won't be used a week later! But you reminded me that it is not the toys or whatever under the tree but just being together that counts! It is about the birth and life of our Savior! We can have a wonderful Christmas no matter what as long as we celebrate Christ!
Thanks!
Thankyou for your words...they really are what I needed to start this "busy" week. Your family is so cute and getting so big!! :)
Something I want to do, and read somewhere that a family does for kids Christmas gifts is get each child
Something to read,
something to wear,
something to play with,
something to share (like a group game or puzzle).
Then ea kid is not getting a ton of toys and it keeps things in check...although we still got our kids too many toys, maybe I'll start this next year.
And when my kids are all older and past believing in santa I want to skip gifts one year and go on a weekend get away instead, stay at a hotel and swim and have family time and focu more on service/less on toys and stuff.
Beautiful ME THINKS!!! I totally could relate. It's the same feelings I got the other day while trying to get from one place to another as well. The traffic mid day was crazy!!! People standing in line that was miles long. I just wanted to go home and sit in front of my fire and keep listening to Handel's Messiah on my CD player.
K2 is adorable with his neat freak skills already at such a young age. My mom said I was the same way. Always had to have everything in place all the time. I am betting he got his amazing clean up skills from his mom. ; D
Please travel safely to the funeral. We will be thinking of your family. Our hearts and prayers go out to D and his family.....but what a GREAT Christmas present this is to his grandma. She probably shouted for joy as she went to the other side and met with other family members waiting for her. Until you meet again.........
P.S. Thanks for the FUN recipe!
I love that Kolt has those balloons around his head still in these pix. That's pretty much how I dropped him off at home the night before.
Also, sad and happy to hear of the passing of D's Grandma. I have some good memories of her too. She's a good lady, sweet and generous in every way. There's no better thought than the reuniting of her with her husband. That's a beautiful thing in itself let alone that she is now released from the ailments she faced in aging.
I love your Christmas thoughts and I'm looking forward to doing the marshmallow snowmen with the kiddies soon.
Thanks for sharing the snowmen idea. I showed the kids and they are both SO excited to make them.
You said it sista!
Post a Comment