via
Been awhile since I've had some sort of schedule seems like I'm always running...plenty of thinking going on just not enough time in the day to get it out. Simply because all other things come first:)
Because I don't want my kids to think the only thing I do is sit at the computer and ignore them all day..I try hard not to do that:) and only be on here when they are napping or later at night..So that doesn't leave much other time for the things that need done...
But we spend lots of time doing things like this:
Just this weekend
we went to our town party old fashioned Christmas
D was sick all day so he didn't go anywhere all day Friday so I took three kids and M hung out with dad...
I didn't get one picture... my sister did of Friday night so she sent me these:)
{santa went a little overboard on the rosy cheek bit eh}
then I went to a party afterwards....
then I went to a party afterwards....
good times:)
went to a funeral
took the kids swimming
had a "B" family party cause two of D's siblings were coming to town for the weekend so we had 2 family dinners, games, lots of laughs
church
devotional Sunday night
and another family dinner:)
Kids had fun tired them out anyway!
tis the season i guess right...
----------------------------------------------------------
ME THINKS
What makes you cry?? Do you cry often?
.....at sad commercials or those touch the heart Mormon messages, or you tube stories that go around on facebook that make you stop and think what am I doing? How do I come across?
Where am I going? and how and
what am I teaching my kids? What kind of example am I to them?
sometimes when something touches you it really makes you
stop. think and evaluate
what you are doing and how you come across to people to my kids to my husband and families....
to actually apply it is a hard thing to do sometimes
to change what you are used to to change how you talk to your kids to people...how do you come across.... judgmental? condemning? demeaning? is it nice??
is it helping anything?
Is it worth it? is it dragging others down?
I've had a hard look at some of the things I see around here that develop a pattern..... that causes the fighting, the tension, the chaos some mornings...
If I pick out one of my children's clothes the night before life is much easier:) or if one is up an hour before the bus comes life is much smoother I probably say hurry hurry about 20 times a morning and I hate it!
one step at a time things can change....
one step at a time things can change....
So among so many other things we learn that it starts inside and as a mother {or person in general}
we set the tone for ourselves for our home..... our children are always watching us and i hope the good shines through that they know we are just trying to make it through everyday teaching them the life lessons along way through work deed and example...
is it worth the effort your so obviously trying to accomplish?? Yes every bit of it...if it means biting your tongue, saying a prayer
whatever it takes is worth it to everyone around us....
whatever it takes is worth it to everyone around us....
People have no idea what others go through we never know...I hope we are more tolerant of others more accepting of different...... CAUSE we are all different in our own ways and its okay!
-----------------
Sometimes I get frustrated with a child of mine .....
-----------------
Sometimes I get frustrated with a child of mine .....
I hope people know I do teach my children {but a certain five year old in the house makes me feel like a bad parent sometimes}.....
he is constantly in trouble moves from one thing to the next he wears me out....last week was hard I got a couple phone calls from concerned parents telling me what my lovely son was up too....
he is constantly in trouble moves from one thing to the next he wears me out....last week was hard I got a couple phone calls from concerned parents telling me what my lovely son was up too....
Sometimes I just worry to much about what others think about what he does instead of focusing on him and following through and helping him understand the things he can and can't do....being a parent is so hard sometimes... I just can't help but think if he/she's doing this now how will he/she be when he/she is 16.....
But worry about today and tomorrow will come soon enough.
But worry about today and tomorrow will come soon enough.






6 comments:
I stopped by your blog today.
Ann
Love my sugar cookies that require cream cheese. They're so yummy and we've been making them every year since I found the recipe.
Found a new family favorite this year as well, chocolate covered Oreo balls.
My Favorite Christmas treat is sugar cookies!
Im always reading.... :)
Chocolate ginger cookies- my fav!! I make a batch almost every week until Christmas- everyone is obsessed with them!! Love ya x
its so weird, every day for afternoon kindergarten i am saying hurry 20 times for 45 before we go to alli.(and she is already dressed and hair done these days) but on the fridays she gets up and pretty much gets ready on her own in 20 mins or less. whatever. i love making chocolates with my mom every year because she makes the fondant and we just dip them! i'm excited to try a few new pinterest things obviously too!
:) i just found a new treat! i'll share.
Post a Comment