Monday, December 12, 2011

{Me thinks}



i feel like i'm behind on my blog, my life, Christmas cards, on getting my neighbor gifts on all things pretty much...Sometimes it feels like the same things every year at this time just take so long to get accomplished and it comes so quick! and every year I say I'm going to start earlier and simplify yet.... here I sit wondering what I'm doing:) Joys eh! 
Me thinks.
Sometimes i feel like there are so many expectations to a lot of things in life ...we are always running and usually on empty.. we stress over what we are expected to do or think we are expected to do .....what we expect should happen...but true to life is that we can expect the unexpected and I think I'm slowly learning that. at least I hope I'm getting better at recognizing that just because something is expected to be a certain way then isn't .... its okay...even if I wouldn't have it that way or do it that way ...i have to learn that its each to there own and that is why we all have different situations and different expectations...its learning to accept that not worrying about the why's but moving on and expect less from others and really more from myself within...... 
so I'm not disappointed, hurt or offended. 
Cause one thing about life is that it's always changing because its, well life. and in the long run its short. No time to worry about missed expectations and miss opportunities move on face it and overcome it.
It will happen. My sister in law once gave me some quote blocks she made for me and I love them because they really are good words to live by.
live simply. give more. expect less.
-----------------------------------------------------------
So in other fun I have a little 2 year who decided to add the words "NO, DON'T , OUT and Go AWAY" to his vocab the past couple of days... he is still my sweetheart kind hearted sorry saying boy 
"I mean he apologizes to the couch if he runs into it:) sweet boy!
We're trying to teach him that you don't have to apologize to THINGS just people" Its still super cute though. Last night he wanted me to hold him he always says things like a little generic not the right word but I can't think of the right one right now.... all I know is that nobody would know what he is talking about unless your here but he says words like 
cup that actually means milk or water
so =
cup = milk or water
shoe=foot
there are more but I can't think right now:) 
So anyway back to last night I was singing to him and rocking him .... he was just snuggling and laying his cute little head on my shoulder and I enjoyed every minute because he is just growing up way to fast! Anyway D walked in and he jerks his head up and points his finger and says 
"out here" 
D said thats a first it was so funny and then K2 put his head down again and said song=sing:) love it love him!!! He is SO fun I just love him! Look at those blues!
and cute little miss L got a haircut much better:) She is so full of spunk she asked me to make the appointment cause she didn't want to fight every morning {she hates getting her hair done so she calls it fighting I call it doing hair but whatever it is ...I think she looks so grown up and so cute!
She is having a great year this year learning a lot and making new friends and learning that there are rules and teachers and mom and dad do know a little of what they are doing:) She is spunk...she know what she wants so far this year she joined choir on her own and joined a science club which she said she really enjoys and I think all the more because she wanted to do it so she did it! Got to love that kind of drive! We both are pretty stubborn sometimes but I love my little girl! 

-------------------------------------------------------------
SO thats pretty much my life and thinking to much. I'm good at that...


It's all in the thinking.
oh well keep calm and merry on ....
{seriously how many keep calm signs can they keep coming up with ;) }
Have an awesome week....

6 comments:

Michelle Birch said...

It is weird that used to be my life. The business, running around crazy, feeling like you have no time. I am learning a lot about what is important. I am glad it is only for 4 years. Some days I do miss being that busy. But for now this is good. We are closer as a family then ever before and then ever I thought possible. I would so simplify, just try it for a while and see how your life changes.

Alison said...

Keep calm and merry on! Such a busy time to keep calm right?!! Love the thoughts to live simply. I need a constant reminder to do just that! Cute pictures of you and K2, and love Miss L's new hair cut! Merry, merry Christmas!

Jill said...

I think it is okay to toss out some traditions (or skip a year or two)-like the neighbor gift and Christmas cards. Only do it if you enjoy it and want to spend the money to do it, not b.c you feel you have to or people expect it. You can replace those things with spending more times with your kids just being together. No one will mind.

The Lowry's said...

Good one. I was feeling the same way last night. Expectations. I was making neighbour gifts and then realized how much work it was going to be to give that many gifts so I cut my list in half and decided all the rest will just get a christmas card. I just don't have time to make all that stuff. Trying to simplify. I love her hair. So cute on her. I haven't been commenting much lately, but i still read your blog.

Nikki said...

Love L's hair. I was the same way growing up and really didn't like sitting through getting my hair done. Her cut looks cute, I was nuts and got a mushroom cut, HA HA!

Mandy said...

Super cute hair cut. That's so sweet that she wanted you to make the appointment because she didn't want to "fight" with you.

I think lots of people get really wrapped up in the commercializm of the season. I don't think your friends and/or neighbors would love you any less if you didn't give them a gift. I only exchange gifts with a very small number of people because otherwise, I would be totally broke getting stuff for all the people I care about and want to get stuff for.
Christmas should be spent enjoying time, not stressing out about how little we feel we have of it. If you don't get presents or baking done for your neighbors/friends, at least you will have been able to spend time with your family. That's whats most important.

Merry Christmas! I hope you get to relax and enjoy some quality time with your family.