![]() |
| probably by far my favorite print in keep calm:) |
I love conference weekend! I love that it refreshes on our mind what we need to be doing and what matters most...I love that so many of the talks seem to be just for me as it is with most of us something hits home that we should be doing need to be doing or have gotten the kick we need to get back at it and do what matters most....
Love these quotes
"There is enough heartache & sorrow in this life without our adding to it through our own stubbornness, bitterness & resentment."
Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf
&
"Coveting, pouting, or tearing others down does not elevate your standing. Nor does demeaning someone else improve your self image. So be kind. And be grateful that God is kind. It is a happy way to live."
-Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
-Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
"Don't delay, its getting late"
- Jeffrey R. Holland
"This topic of judging others could actually be taught in a two word sermon. When it comes to hating, gossiping, ignoring, ridiculing, holding grudges or wanting to cause harm, please apply the following: stop it!" -Dieter F. Uchtdorf
SO Let's STOP IT! and get moving! :)
LOVE IT!
-------------------------------------
For photo a day challenge here is Aprils sheet from by@fatmumslim
and March's photo a day from my365 its so much fun even my kids are like what is the photo of the day mom love it!
{oops I missed 23 the moon it wasn't showing for a few days oh well}
I made a few changes in my living room much brighter, happier and I seriously love it might take D a little longer ha ha:) this doesn't even do it justice as its just a pic from my phone but whatever and I still have to hem the curtains maybe D will like them more at night when they are he thinks they look like bedsheets at night ha ha....
my favorite easter print I've found this year is from here
beautiful.simple.and no bunny involved:)
and a super awesome easter idea I'm probably going to use for Sharing Time next Sunday so our children understand what EASTER is really about and guess what it has nothing to do with Candy......idea here
---------------------------------------------------------
ME THINKS
This made me laugh when I saw it so I had to share...cause it reminded me that all the small things we do that seem boring is what builds our families our Children are always watching us. WE may not think they are listening most of the time but they are WATCHING.....
Whether we are kneeling by our beds saying our prayers, reading or listening to our scriptures, EVERYTHING we do builds our children's souls spirits and attitudes.
Listening to conference made me realize that even more that especially now the GREATEST thing we can do for our families are the small and simple things, we don't need fanfares and so much crammed into ours and there lives to think that's what matters to them...
they want us,
they need us
"OUR HOMES NEED REFORMING"
{I love Elder Ballards talks I started this post awhile before he was speaking and then he spoke right to me right along the same things I was writing so I think this was the talk for me!!!}
OUR FAMILIES NEED OUR TIME OUR ATTENTION OUR LOVE
they need our EXAMPLES
OUR SERVICE
THEY NEED our teaching
OUR values and simple tasks of everyday.
THEY need our smiles, our hugs, our happiness...
OUR PRAYERS
THEY need our unselfish service....
OUR kind words
THEY need the SAFE landing at every stage in life through
A WARM, LOVING, HAPPY SPIRIT FILLED HOME...
THEY need our testimonies....
THEY need to see our faith
and
THEY need above all OUR LOVE... OUR STRENGTH.... OUR COMMITMENT to building a strong family...for a strong future.
WE need to have closer, stronger, tighter families.
Sometimes all these happen during the laundry, grocery shopping and carpool moments...... how we act, react
how we listen...... how we build them up.
As mundane as the task seems sometimes its through the small simple moments of everyday that build the strong spirits of tomorrow....
OUR FAMILIES are the most important work we are involved in....
"Life is better and much happier when hearts are turned to family.....
The most important work you will ever do is within the walls of your own home.
Read scriptures together. Pray together. Love God.
PRIORITIZE."
Have a great week.....







2 comments:
I just wanted to stop by and thank you for your sweet comment on my blog, I really appreciate your encouraging words. Your family is so beautiful! Such cute kids! I also really enjoyed your thoughts on conference, there were so many great talks. Thanks again!
Brie
Yes conference was wonderful! I am so grateful we were able to listen to it. Love your thoughts, as always.
Post a Comment