Tuesday, August 7, 2012

{10 on Tuesday}



Wow its actually Tuesday and I'm actually posting ha ha:)

1. I love the new old navy flashback 90210 commercial LOVE IT ha ha! 
My teenage crush Jason priestly....plastered all over my 16 year old walls;) did I just admit that haha....somebody else out there had to be too!

2. Love the Olympics -hate the unfortunate Canadian accidents and soccer mess!!
Favorite commercial  
"Nobody said doing it right was easy"-Rona

3. Can't wait to get away with just the kids and D boating and camping for a week:) Spending lady L's b-day on the lake again:)

4. Can't believe said little lady is turning 8! and getting Baptized soon after!

5. I Hate extended family drama. why does it exist sometimes.

6. Can't believe D has been graduated for 20 years!!! and that mine in in two years!! Somehow we got old!

7. Love that my two oldest children bore their testimonies in church on Sunday makes my ♥ happy.

8. Its really hot and I have no A.C. I am dying.

9. I love garden boxes I know I told you that last year but seriously love having fresh from the garden salads and zucchini and picking weeds like next to never;)

10. Quote of the week: 
Because now more than ever it is so so important ..

Growing up in this culture, it is very hard to get a biblical perspective on motherhood. … Children rank way below college. Below world travel for sure. Below the ability to go out at night at your leisure. Below toning your body at the gym. Below any job you may have or hope to get. Motherhood is not a hobby, it is a calling. You do not collect children because you find them cuter than stamps. It is not something to do if you can squeeze the time in. It is what God gave you time for.” 
-NEIL L. ANDERSEN
Have an awesome week!!!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

I love your last quote...so powerful! I hate extended family drama too. We have A/C and you are more than welcome to come over anytime you want (and I'm not just saying that to be nice. I really mean it). Your kids are so cute and they are growing up so fast...I can hardly believe L is 8!

Unknown said...

I love those planter boxes and that last quote- great post below also. Always good reading... I'm hoping you were able to find my blog OK. Have a GREAT week enjoying the sun xx

Lynn said...

I LOVE that quote at the beginning of this post. I do believe it's your personal mantra Christal. ; ) Seriously. Stay exactly the way you are. Okay? ; D You're the best!

Congrats on L's 8th Birthday and baptism. It's great to be 8!