Tuesday, August 28, 2012

{Tuesday TEN fun:)

Well here goes the last week of summer the last week before school starts but I am so looking forward to all of these things:) plus school added to this list my kids have hit the point where they are asking how many days cause they are ready too:) {I love summer but I love fall too:)

1.

2. Kids are loving swim lessons {missed getting a picture of K today} but even K2 is doing amazing practicing his moves ...he's not in swim lessons but he is doing awesome doing his own thing each morning in the pool:) love this happy happy boy....


3. Squeezing one more camping trip in and our favorite family hike:) through in a back to school fashion show and dinner and fathers blessings on Sunday.. and a bbq holiday Monday to lead off into school next week excited for all these things coming up...

4. Excited to get back into yoga and football games and to watch my kids learn and grow some more this year.... 
this year I am taking them for a picture op before school starts so they don't have to be AS annoyed with me on the first day of school ha ha:)
Using these free printable signs... love free printables makes my life so much brighter:)


5. I'm excited for Miss L and her upcoming baptism she is super excited can't wait to share all the fun things we have planned she sure is growing up....
 

6. small dilemma's like this my hair.... feeling the rut??

7. Took the kids to Madagascar 3 {which by the way WHY do they put crude adult humor in little kids movies I hate it seriously grow up movie makers!!!} anyway took them by myself they did pretty good..... it was after I remember why I never take 4 children at once to town :) craziness which even included a whole jug of milk splattered all over the isle of walmart thank you children..........
i love days like that :)

8. Love this printable


....and I want to make this....


9. I swear Aug and September are the highest spending months I've spent so much money on school supplies and clothes and of course while I'm buying kid clothes I of course need new ones too right ;) its almost ridiculous...but oh so fun ;) only cause it's the most wonderful time of the year ha ha ha!!  Love my kids love my summer but love school too:)
via one good thing

10. Me thinks Thought for the week 

"We should never permit ourselves to do anything that we are not willing to see our children do. We should set them an example that we wish them to imitate. Do we realize this? How often we see parents demand obedience, good behavior, kind words, pleasant looks, a sweet voice and a bright eye from a child or children when they themselves are full of bitterness and scolding! How inconsistent and unreasonable this is!" 
-Brigham Young

I wonder what little things we would change about our own behavior if we thought about it this way?


Awesome have a great rest of the week....

What are your favorite back to school traditions?

6 comments:

Just Rhonda said...

Yep love back to school too!! :)

Let's make that sign. I'd love one for my bedroom too.

Lynn said...

My favorite tradition for back to school?.....the Father's blessings, cause I get one too. The Lord knows I need one too! ; )

P.S. I am SO with you on hair ruts. I've been going back and forth like a yo yo for weeks now. To cut or not to cut. Ugh. Hate being so indecisive. I like your hair no matter how you wear it.

Happy Fall! {Seems to funny to say that. It's hotter than blazes here.}

Kristyn said...

Yeah for school almost starting!! So I am bound and determined to grow my hair out, much to Rustins delight. I see people with long hair and it looks fun. Then again I will probably have to learn how to do my hair. I just am in that longer but still short hair length and its annoying. Here's to hoping my comment shows up!!

Kristyn said...

Oh since we are just entering the school years we have yet to have traditions. But because I am all about that there will be some for sure!!

Nikki said...

Laughing at the hair rut because I bit the bullet last week and cut off almost 6". It took me years to grow it out and so much patience (which I sorely lack to begin with) but I LOVE it! I'm so glad I had the courage to go through with getting a cut that I'd wanted for months.

I get to start a tradition with C this year that my brother and I both had growing up. We only got Lunchables once per year, and that was the first day of school, so I'm looking forward to doing that with C next week when he starts grade 1.

Lee said...

don't cut your lovely hair. let it grow even more lovely....if that's even possible ;)