Thursday, November 27, 2008

{ Thankful Thursday...}

I AM Thankful for everything.
life. my husband. my children. birth mothers. adoption. my house. family. food. clothes. callings. scriptures. faith. hope. joy. peace. charity. service. blessings. strength. family time. memories.
parents. grandparents. friends. books. church. prayer. my trials. forgiveness. laughing. jokes. relationships. sun. vacations.
Love.
The spirit of CHRISTMAS.
family outings. parties. programs. caroling. the feeling of love. togetherness.
My favorite time of the year.
Snow. in winter.
The quiet snowy nights where its so quiet you feel like your in a forest and your ears are ringing from the silence.
I love that.

Traditions. Monday night before Christmas. pj's. hot chocolate. and polar express. My sis started this and its a great tradition we've rented it or borrowed it since it came out and now we do it every year but this year I bought it.
Thankful for Christmas trees we do ours the first monday night of december thats always been the earliest D would do it so now after all these years its a tradition.
Christmas morn at the parents would not be complete without Elvis
and Perry
and a little Hawaiian Christmas
and a huge Norwegian breakfast
since my pa is 100% Nord. Not Christmas morn without these things.


So thankful for beautiful Music. I heart Josh Groban.



Chocolate. smooth. white. minty.

candy cane hot chocolate on cold nights. Yum.

and my current obsession I don't really eat chocolate very often but have to say this is my fav and now in little squares yum!:
-------------------------------
And a few wishes this year I really don't need a thing but..
{ this is for my brother or mother whoever has our names this year who wanted a list. here it is.}
clinique happy lotion cause i love it!
If you've never watched this movie it is so so good. It's one for the library.


Home depot why? why not ha... would come in handy getting the basement done in the next couple of months!Under the cabinet cd player for my kitchen {in black .} Needing some music in the kitchen.
-a family home evening board.
-a guitar we have always wanted to learn to play the guitar.
-salt city candles are always a winner like Cinnamon vanilla yum.
-Simon Dewey 2009 calender
----------------------------
But none of this really matters cause the most important things aren't things at all...
------------------------
I am thankful above all for this little baby.
One cry
awakened the world
One birth
changed history
One life
made all the difference.......
"For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His Name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace"(Isaiah 9:6).

SO HAPPY THANKSGIVING
AND
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
----------------
"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity.... It turns problems into gifts, failures into success, the unexpected into perfect timing, and mistakes into important events. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow."
-Melodie Beattie

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey we bought the polar express for shelby this year. in 3D for the unfinished theatre in the basement. Love it!it is such a fun movie

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Betsy said...

I loved this post!! Your picture of the snow is so pretty and I love everything on your list. I am so excited about Christmas too!! I love everything about it. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Love and hugs to you!

Lynn said...

WE LOVE Polar Express!

Thanks for your Christmas "wish" list. That is always so much fun to see what interests people. I can see this list is totally you.

I did not know Big Turks came in small squares now. I will have to check that out! : D

Amy said...

I LOVE "Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken". Hollywood needs to make more movies like it.

Jill said...

Great post! I love everything you do too! I'm not a huge fan of snow, but that snowy picture was beautiful. I LOVE hot chocolate!! I love Josh G too. He is amazing...Christmas music is totally the best! Happy holidays!! xoxo

Jodi Pilling said...

loved your post Christal! Love your quote about the birth of Jesus. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Love that we love so many of the same things!